• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

The masks are worn to protect other people so the answer to your question is simple, unless you are a sociopath of course......
Yes anyone who dares doubt the current orthodoxy is a sociopath, of course.

Call me Colonel Kurtz. I love the smell of sanctimony in the morning... or the afternoon.

Maybe im stupid or naive

But i have two children at secondary school. My daughter attends Mayflower in Billericay and they have put measures in place to try and limit contact between year groups, there are one way systems etc in place. There are and have been confirmed cases. My son is at Southend HS for boys in the 6th form. Last week they had two confirmed cases. But the schools are doing their best to control what they can and keep parents posted. My son also plays Football and trains twice a week and plays once or sometimes twice a week. Apart from changing rooms being closed and bars not being open it is business as normal. You can go and sit in a pub or restaurant for a number of hours and although socially distanced still come in to contact with strangers. As others have said there is next to no social distancing in shops anymore and many people particularly in places like petrol stations not bothering with masks.

why then can it not be right for a limited number people to attend a football stadium, in bubbles of 6, in the open air and for no more than 2-3 hours?

Interesting that the Tranmere Chairman said this morning that it will actually cost the clubs money to open he stadiums. Those allowed to attend are ST holders so no new match day revenue. Bars and kiosks wont be open but he would need to pay for turnstile operators and stewards. So the only way the lower league clubs can start to make revenue again would be when the stadiums are open to non ST holders, thus money through the turnstiles

All seems very confusing to me

Well, you should know. But it wasn't Colonel Kurtz who said that. It was Kilgore. As for Mr Kurtz? He's dead.....
Sorry, my bad. I've actually never watched the film, nor it must be said, have I ever read "Heart of Darkness" but as regards the poor colonel being dead, I'm a fat old man in my 60s so, if the government boffins are to believed, one whiff of good old Covid and I'm a dead man so I may well soon be joining him. Still, chin up, eh?

Sweden, no 2nd spike, not a single day over 500 cases since early July, when their peak in early June was 1698 cases. Death rate per 1m similar to ours (580 vs UK of 615), although I know much less densely populated, and not an economy in crisis that is going to be paying the debt for Covid for the next 3 generations.

I class that as a success.
I imagine you're aware of the population and size of Sweden compared to the UK?

And, of course, just because the country is "less densely populated" it doesn't mean that said population is evenly spread out over the entire land base. They still have large cities where large populations live in close proximity and who gather together in public, and so are (in theory) just as likely to catch or pass on a disease as would the population of any other city/ town in the world.

Sweden effectively had a lockdown before the rest of Europe's.They call it Winter over there. :Winking:

I have a good English friend (though he's now taken out Swedish nationality), is married to a Swede and lives in the less densely populated South of Sweden.He was advised recently not to attend the public performance of his teenage son's acting debut because of the risk of him catching the virus.The Swedes are taking the virus seriously .Why don't you?

Last edited:
I imagine you're aware of the size of Sweden compared to the UK?

Sweden effectively had a lockdown before the rest of Europe's.They call it Winter over there. :Winking:

I have a good English friend (though he's now taken out Swedish nationality), ismarried to a Swede and lives in the less densely populated South of Sweden.He was advised recently not to attend the public performance of his teenage son's acting debut because of the risk of him catching the virus.The Swedes are taking the virus seriously .Why don't you?

How do you know how seriously I am taking it? I am, however, also taking very seriously the destruction of the economy and peoples' lives because of the "cure" that is not a cure just the forestalling of the inevitable, when it will have to be lived with and dealt with as just another of life's dangers.

And as you say your friend was "advised", he had a choice whether to go or not, since the government's passing of their Covid Enabling Act we are getting fewer and fewer choices.

Very soon the army will be corralling non-believers at gun point and shipping them off to "places of safety".

One silver lining; there are rumours the National League won't start without fans, so that would stop us being relegated!!
The latest is that they're planning to vote to delay the start to their season, again. Interesting the EFL only originally relegated Stevenage on the basis that there would be non-league football for them to play next season. Had it been them and not Macclesfield that went down the EFL would have had a huge fight on their hands not to grant Stevenage a reprieve, but with Macclesfield close to being formally liquidated, they won't have that fight on their hands.

How do you know how seriously I am taking it? I am, however, also taking very seriously the destruction of the economy and peoples' lives because of the "cure" that is not a cure just the forestalling of the inevitable, when it will have to be lived with and dealt with as just another of life's dangers.

And as you say your friend was "advised", he had a choice whether to go or not, since the government's passing of their Covid Enabling Act we are getting fewer and fewer choices.

Very soon the army will be corralling non-believers at gun point and shipping them off to "places of safety".

I refer you to post 124 in this thread.

BTW,are you a holocaust denier too? :Winking:

Excellent news for people like my 62-year-old mum, who goes to work as a nurse on the wards of Basildon hospital, dressed as though she’s ready for a day trip to Chernobyl.

She’ll be thrilled to know that she’s just got to live with it.

...Where they will be force vaccinated with Bill Gates’ new nanochip, mind controlling technology, ready for the big switch on of 5G.

Or something like that, right?

Last edited:
Average age of people dying with Covid in the UK 82
Chance of dying from Covid with no underlying health conditions 0.000032%
Cancer Appointments missed since March - 2 million
Unemployment up by almost 750,000
Government Borrowing doubled to 4 billion
Borrowing as a % of GDP over 100% for the first time since the early 1960's

Which is worse? Covid, or the long-term effects of lockdown?

Average age of people dying with Covid in the UK 82
Chance of dying from Covid with no underlying health conditions 0.000032%
Cancer Appointments missed since March - 2 million
Unemployment up by almost 750,000
Government Borrowing doubled to 4 billion
Borrowing as a % of GDP over 100% for the first time since the early 1960's

Which is worse? Covid, or the long-term effects of lockdown?

That's a question which is practically impossible to answer in any civilised society.Personally I don't see it as a binary choice anyway.

...Where they will be force vaccinated will Bill Gates new nanochip mind controlling technology, ready for the big switch on of 5G.

Or something like that, right?
There we go, the debate has now started to scrape along the bottom.

I don't agree with you so I must be some crazed conspiracy theorist who wants to kill your mother (who's younger than me, by the way).
I don't believe in a Bill Gates, 5G world conspiracy. Sorry about that, I just disagree with you, as do a lot of people a lot cleverer than you or I.

But that makes me a crazed crank in your mind or, even more offensively in TUIB's view a "Holocaust Denier".

Perhaps I should send you my address and you can come and put my windows in?

There we go, the debate has now started to scrape along the bottom.

I don't agree with you so I must be some crazed conspiracy theorist who wants to kill your mother (who's younger than me, by the way).
I don't believe in a Bill Gates, 5G world conspiracy. Sorry about that, I just disagree with you, as do a lot of people a lot cleverer than you or I.

But that makes me a crazed crank in your mind or, even more offensively in TUIB's view a "Holocaust Denier".

Perhaps I should send you my address and you can come and put my windows in?

I don’t want to argue with you mate, because I have no beef with you, but your posts on this topic are always conspiracy based. Whether it’s masks, figures, vaccines, it’s always the same.

Oh, I’ve absolutely no need or want, to put your windows through ?

Back