• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question as I don't actually know the answer. Has Stan had a role in a football club since he has stopped playing?

Haven't got a programme for years
Stopped dodgy burgers many years ago too.
Tell me how boycotting pans out for Southend United.
That’s cute, and hopefully I won’t have to and you will see for yourself if true fans have sense :)

Stans stopped following loads of fans on Twitter

3 ego's running one club was always asking for trouble.

Martin has to be involved and needs it to work to save his pension pot
Brown needs to be involved as unlikely to get another managers role in England
Stan wants to be involved so a group of fans love him and tell him how good he is

Seriously - never trust a bloke that continuously talks about himself in the third person -

I really don’t see any surprise or shock here.
As I said on an earlier thread , PB ( actually not just PB but several managers ) are not likely to want a CEO AND another layer ( whatever the role Stan agreed to ) involved in the running of the club.
I don’t blame Stan in anyway but neither do I blame PB - it’s one layer too many IMO.
I get the impression that Ron is trying to play or please too many people here.

Ron can't keep all the balls in the air at the same time. No organisation should have a single point of failure, especially in so many areas.

And so the light has been extinguished. Many years as a 'Conference' team to come. You really are a tool Martin.

Why do you think that? You were seriously pinning all your hopes on a former player who said lots of nice things but then quit on your twice when the person who is funding the whole club didn't agree with him?

Look I think Martin has made some awful decisions for you lot over the years and your fans were very slow to rise up and protest against him but your chance of success now are intrinsically linked to his. He fails - the club probably goes into admin and comes very close to folding. He succeeds then you guys have a chance of a solid club without him. You guys NEED Martin (albeit and improved version that employs well and let's football people do football things without interference whilst he pays the bills on time)

Stan is a celebrity that you guys got excited about and I can see why but he came along at your lowest ebb and said a few nice things. He won't be your saviour - a good CEO can make a big difference but not Stan the self promoting egomaniac

Ron and PB may have offered Stan to much responsibility ?

Maybe and I’m hope I’m wrong that it was all for “self publicity” as a few fans suggested before.

Stan has answered every criticism and doubt put towards him regarding his intentions towards SUFC. It's been refreshing to have someone truly care and try and help the club when he really didn't have too do any of it. He has worked his bollocks off in my opinion and we have had the most clarity on the goings on around our club with Stan involved.

If he solely wanted publicity then I'm sure he wouldn't be getting involved in SUFC.

And lets not forget the push he has given helping to raise money for disadvantaged kids being able to experience an SUFC matchday.

All I can say is thank you @stan collymore , thanks for giving us hope.

Getting slightly back on topic - the mudslinging between fans is pretty pathetic really - would anyone care to explain how Phil is directly responsible for this falling through as many have suggested? Folks moan at Ron being a closed book but for better or worse Stan isn't prepared to share details atm, so maybe not best to write off characters without all the information?

Then again, for some weird reason our 'fans' have it in for the most successful manager we've had in a decade, asking for reason is a waste of time I suppose.

@stan collymore huge respect for your efforts, affecting any change in Ron is a step forward and the fans are indebted to you. All we can hope is that you're involved again in future.

To be fa
Stan when you shook hands with Martin did you count your fingers afterwards ? Now you know why people will not deal with him. We are lucky to have a football team with condescending Martin at the helm.
The thing I find a bit odd, is trusting ron with a handshake when you know him so well! In business, if its not written down it may as well not have happened. Even written contracts with Ron arent worth that much unless solicitors are involved to enforce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back