• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Chesterfield

Seen the video of protest, disgraceful if you do it half time and/or end of the game don’t stop it half way through. If the club are fined, the club should get the fans to pay it.

it looks like Phil has now been sacked, i find hope we get a progressively manager how knows the league and what is required and is not hamstrung like the previous four full time managers due to Phil’s recruitment strategy

In truth we were lucky to just get beat 4 nil, it could have been 7 or 8.
The starting 11 was inept, we "got away" with it on Tuesday, just, BUT the oppo today were much better and knew they need not worry.

The front two had the new sacrifice playing alongside "can't head, cant shoot, jog about a bit" Kargbo.
The midfield had run around fairly slowly Atko. We started with 8 and then 3 bystanders.

Predictable that we had no outlet, no threat and no tactics.

The first goal was a crisp shot that was worthy, the 2nd looked like poor closing down and poor gk.

Almost correct changes at half time but why go 4 5 1 when we need goals? Why Egbri (rarely provides finish), why not Dalby, why not Walsh? More bizarre Brown.

Goal three was a counter when we had looked better for a few minutes; Sayers played a risky pass to Bridge, they worked it quick BUT again, from my limited view, the gk should have done better at his near post and where was Demi?

The 4th was nailed on pen.

Fergie got a good shot off, Bridge got behind and caused danger twice but too little too late as was taking off Atko for Dalby.

The pitch invas6was STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE and DISGRACEFUL.

Arnold was poor today.
Hobo and Ralph did okay.
Demi and Sayers not good
Fergis and Dunne worked hard but had no outlets until last 30 minutes
Atko, a passenger, thanks and good night.
Bridge, bemused and confused, better in last 30 minutes
2 loan strikers had stinkers.

Murph, no service and tried his all.
Eggers, nothing worked for him, isolated and off pace.
Dalby, too late to the party.

Brown and Fagan, very poor and needed to go.

We have a nucleus of a team but it isn't out on the grass as it should be.

Others have said the manager's job is a poison chalice, I disagree, the basis is there to be used.

Onwards. UTB.

The supporters who went on the pitch may have sealed our fate today if we get a points deduction. Then who will they have to blame?
They'll probably go back to supporting West Ham!

☹️

Last edited:
In truth we were lucky to just get beat 4 nil, it could have been 7 or 8.
The starting 11 was inept, we "got away" with it on Tuesday, just, BUT the oppo today were much better and knew they need not worry.

The front two had the new sacrifice playing alongside "can't head, cant shoot, jog about a bit" Kargbo.
The midfield had run around fairly slowly Atko. We started with 8 and then 3 bystanders.

Predictable that we had no outlet, no threat and no tactics.

The first goal was a crisp shot that was worthy, the 2nd looked like poor closing down and poor gk.

Almost correct changes at half time but why go 4 5 1 when we need goals? Why Egbri (rarely provides finish), why not Dalby, why not Walsh? More bizarre Brown.

Goal three was a counter when we had looked better for a few minutes; Sayers played a risky pass to Bridge, they worked it quick BUT again, from my limited view, the gk should have done better at his near post and where was Demi?

The 4th was nailed on pen.

Fergie got a good shot off, Bridge got behind and caused danger twice but too little too late as was taking off Atko for Dalby.

The pitch invas6was STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE and DISGRACEFUL.

Arnold was poor today.
Hobo and Ralph did okay.
Demi and Sayers not good
Fergis and Dunne worked hard but had no outlets until last 30 minutes
Atko, a passenger, thanks and good night.
Bridge, bemused and confused, better in last 30 minutes
2 loan strikers had stinkers.

Murph, no service and tried his all.
Eggers, nothing worked for him, isolated and off pace.
Dalby, too late to the party.

Brown and Fagan, very poor and needed to go.

We have a nucleus of a team but it isn't out on the grass as it should be.

Others have said the manager's job is a poison chalice, I disagree, the basis is there to be used.

Onwards. UTB.
Agree with all of this. Haven't seen Sayers play... looks a good prospect for 17. Haveny see kargbo play either. Wow really pathetic. My wife - only her second game - said... "they don't seem to be passing it to each other" said it all. Shocking. Shame. Haven't ever looked at the clock hoping for the game to finish before

Agree with all of this. Haven't seen Sayers play... looks a good prospect for 17. Haveny see kargbo play either. Wow really pathetic. My wife - only her second game - said... "they don't seem to be passing it to each other" said it all. Shocking. Shame. Haven't ever looked at the clock hoping for the game to finish before
Sayers is a good prospect, and he needs development, slowly and with a plan. He has been chucked in the deep end.
Introducing him to a settled back line with a proper midfield in front and a plan for play AND he may well become a fine young, tall, nippy left back; but the way he is being set up is poor for him and the club.

Do you know any clubs that have had a points deduction for pitch invasions?

I mean it's not as if we are the first is it.

West ham
Blackpool
Charlton
Oldham
Orient

To name a couple.

Did any of them face punishment?

Blackpool has a suspended (for two seasons) 3-point deduction and £50,000 fine. However, that match was abandoned and ours wasn't.

Blackpool has a suspended (for two seasons) 3-point deduction and £50,000 fine. However, that match was abandoned and ours wasn't.

It is NOT a good thing.
A fine costs money the club need.
Points are in short supply too.
The policing and stewarding bill will be again, another big hit to the finances.
The unpleasant nature of the protests, threatening, with violence ( mostly mild and mostly mouthy) is not conducive to attracting supporters to watch poor football. NOR, may it have appeal to players, management or investors?

What a sad day all round for this club today.
The club was not expecting so many supporters to turn up and the queues for the ticket office went down into the car park and the queues over on the west side entrance went down Shakespeare Drive.
The football was awful and probably the worst I have seen at RH.
I don’t think we actually have bad players and I think the manger is at fault here (ex manger now) but you have to question his starting line up.

Again the “so called” supporters actually made a bad situation worse and before any of you message me (like you did last time) saying I am not a true supporter as I don’t agree with your tactics - I really don’t care what you think what I do care about is seeing small children there crying and frightened.
These antics are dividing supporters and in fact do nothing to help the cause.

We have made BBC sport headlines for the wrong reason

It is NOT a good thing.
A fine costs money the club need.
Points are in short supply too.
The policing and stewarding bill will be again, another big hit to the finances.
The unpleasant nature of the protests, threatening, with violence ( mostly mild and mostly mouthy) is not conducive to attracting supporters to watch poor football. NOR, may it have appeal to players, management or investors?

Strange you mention stewarding bill because as we were leaving we joked about going on the pitch and the stewards response was "well we don't get paid for this, so do what you want"

Strange you mention stewarding bill because as we were leaving we joked about going on the pitch and the stewards response was "well we don't get paid for this, so do what you want"
Why then didn’t they allow the banner to be displayed in the West stand but were content to allow it to be held by the away fans? Genuine question..

The stewards do get paid to do directions, H and Safety work, keep exits clear, etc.
They don't get paid to do security work.
Simple? Understood?
Security and Police are not cheap.
And if stewarding gets very unpleasant, for the small money they get paid then they won't do it AND then there won't be a game.

The invasion was a good thing.

Sorry, but like Stan, at least they showed passion, unlike the players for the most part.
I used to think we lacked that in comparison with other clubs.
But this proves me wrong, and I'm glad of it.

I'm pleased fans believe enough is enough, even if it's as desperate as this.
I wonder if that will be a comfort as the police go through the video footage, with the distinct possibility of prosecutions. Even if I supported them coming on, which I don’t, celebrating the possible implications for some of those involved hardly suggests a great deal of care about them as individuals.

The police notices before the game were clear that they would follow up and prosecute any supporters invading the pitch during the game. And they were filming it all and social media of course is providing yet more evidence.

The ruined a protest that should have been just fine and completely discredited it.

The invasion was a good thing.

Sorry, but like Stan, at least they showed passion, unlike the players for the most part.
I used to think we lacked that in comparison with other clubs.
But this proves me wrong, and I'm glad of it.

I'm pleased fans believe enough is enough, even if it's as desperate as this.
Idiots on the pitch and I thought you would have known better than to support them. Clearly not.

Last edited:
Why then didn’t they allow the banner to be displayed in the West stand but were content to allow it to be held by the away fans? Genuine question..
I think by then the stewards were giving up with it- saw one steward being punched as he tried restrain one of the idiot- oblivious that the police were filming

These poor stewards aren’t paid to be on the receiving end of this sort of behaviour. Would be surprised if the police advised them not to step in as it was being filmed and would be dealt with later.

Last edited:
P
Do you know any clubs that have had a points deduction for pitch invasions?

I mean it's not as if we are the first is it.

West ham
Blackpool
Charlton
Oldham
Orient

To name a couple.

Did any of them face punishment?
Yes. But normally a fine in first instances. And of course the expectation the club will use appropriate penalties/banning orders on the worst culprits. And then of course the police these days video and serve the consequences cold. Hopefully it doesn’t count as a repeat offence.

Was there a game today?

Phil selects a side that gets him the sack.

First half Danny Rowe had 2 shots and they both went in. Scored a pen in the second to add to the goal he scored for Bradford City here in January. How far back do we go to find someone who has scored 4 goals at Roots Hall in just 2 games! Oh and he is a sprightly 32 at the end of January.

I’ve been happy to give Demetriou the benefit of the doubt so far but today he was so slow and with Atkinson in front of him woeful.

Their third such a carbon copy of goals we concede.

It’s clear that Conference Refs just turn a blind eye to all the pulling, holding and nudging that goes on. When are we going to wise up. You have to fall over to get a free kick.

What a waste of a day.
The only thing I would say is unfortunately we got ripped a new one repeatedly down our left. Very little down the other side. So it’s inconvenient but between them Demi and Atkinson were for whatever reason way more effective (at least defensively...

No ours was just stopped for 10 mins. So probably a hefty fine- but second match running it’s happened so we certainly can’t afford a repeat. Real anger against them in the ground. Those around me with red cards were in many case disgusted with them also.

Back