• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Chesterfield

It is NOT a good thing.
A fine costs money the club need.
Points are in short supply too.
The policing and stewarding bill will be again, another big hit to the finances.
The unpleasant nature of the protests, threatening, with violence ( mostly mild and mostly mouthy) is not conducive to attracting supporters to watch poor football. NOR, may it have appeal to players, management or investors?
Quite should be completely obvious statement to make

Okay, so let’s talk about the football. What a load of ****. From the first minute we were off the pace, had no attacking outlet and were all over the place defensively. Brown can have no complaints about losing his job after that.

Ratings:

Arnold 6 Didn’t have to do much as half of what came his way left him helpless. His long hoofs were pointless.
Demetriou 5 He was past it at right-back years ago, he still is now. Clumsy.
Hobson 4 Gets turned inside out for fun and if he hits a pass or a header one way, it’s almost guaranteed to go the complete opposite.
Ralph 6 One of few to play okay, but that penalty was woefully poor.
Sayers - I won’t score him but he’s not ready for professional football. One fantastic block, though.
Atkinson 4 He was never great technically but made up for it with his work rate, but now he can’t cover the ground he could 5 years ago. Love the bloke but this is one of those where it can’t reproduce what it once was.
Dunne 6 The only man on the pitch in Blue who looked like a professional footballer.
Ferguson 5 Slow and too reactionary, moments of promise but too often missing. Changing positions every 2 minutes probably didn’t help.
Bridge 6 Technically good but weak and decision making lets him down. The only one who kept working until the final whistle.
Kargbo 1 The fact that he has a professional contract as a footballer gives me hope that I can still make it.
Kimpioka 4 No service. Could’ve done a bit more with the little that came his way.

Subs
Murphy 5 Looks completely devoid of service and confidence.
Egbri 6 Actually pressed and ran around a bit. Only wish he was a foot taller.
Dalby 6 Inmediately gave us a target point and put himself about.

Brown 0 A sacking is a fair consequence of that. Incomprehensible set-up to start with, changed approach every 5 minutes, and failed to learn from Tuesday.

Ref 5 Not bad for this level other than stopping play for a number of injuries which weren’t head injuries.

At the end of the day, it means pretty little to look forward. Brown is gone and whoever comes in really has their work cut out.

The new signings like Arnold, Dunne, Bridge, Murphy, Dalby, all look pretty promising on their day. The loanees, well let’s just be glad that they are short-term loans. The squad is better than their league position, but some important injuries to deal with and a squad completely shot of confidence.

If Eastleigh was one step forwards with three points, today was three steps back.

In the midst of the fun, frolics and mindless mayhem I would just like to say thank you to Nathan Ferguson who, I thought, had his best game in a Southend shirt. He chased, closed down, competed and gave 100% with so little reward for his efforts. Keep doing that Nathan, that will do for me.

In the midst of the fun, frolics and mindless mayhem I would just like to say thank you to Nathan Ferguson who, I thought, had his best game in a Southend shirt. He chased, closed down, competed and gave 100% with so little reward for his efforts. Keep doing that Nathan, that will do for me.
“Slow and too reactionary, moments of promise but too often missing”

I love football!!

What a sad day all round for this club today.
The club was not expecting so many supporters to turn up and the queues for the ticket officie went down into the car park and the queues over on the west side entrance went down Shakespeare Drive.
The football was awful and probably the worst I have seen at RH.
I don’t think we actually have bad players and I think the manger is at fault here (ex manger now) but you have to question his starting line up.

Again the “so called” supporters actually made a bad situation worse and before any of you message me (like you did last time) saying I am not a true supporter as I don’t agree with your tactics - I really don’t care what you think what I do care about is seeing small children there crying and frightened.
These antics are dividing supporters and in fact do nothing to help the cause.

We have made BBC sport headlines for the wrong reason
Do you know when I spoke out today I was given the “not seen you before treatment”- suggesting by implication i’m not a real supporter and they are because the come and moan every week.

As some will know I buy my ticket weekly and move around- costs me more because I attend most matches but sometimes I just don’t want to sign on to endless rubbish by ending up for a season in an unlucky seat in terms of those nearby. I know I could ask to be moved with a ST but it’s the way I do it.

So I attend most games and have been coming since 1972. But the implication was I wasn’t a real supporter and my opinion didn’t count.

I thought about pointing this out. But then remembered another learning- if the information is inconvenient or not what they want to hear they just default to assuming you are lying.

Trust me you are more of a true supporter than those who invaded the pitch will ever be.

It reads like you saw the Fergie I did. I thought him and Dunne work well together. He is more box to box each game imo.

Had to listen to the game on the radio as was driving home from a trip to the midlands. Any info on the 'kerfuffle' between Fagan and a fan (Chesterfield game not the Solihull incident)?

Had to listen to the game on the radio as was driving home from a trip to the midlands. Any info on the 'kerfuffle' between Fagan and a fan (Chesterfield game not the Solihull incident)?
Probably made up like many of these things are- at least somehow there is never any video evidence to support these things even with a million and one smart phones about. Unfortunately you can’t afford to believe anything these days unless you see it for yourself

Probably made up like many of these things are- at least somehow there is never any video evidence to support these things even with a million and one smart phones about. Unfortunately you can’t afford to believe anything these days unless you see it for yourself

BBC Essex reported it as part of the March as it was happening in front of them, do something happened and security were involved

Made up? I watched it happen.

BBC Essex reported it as part of the March as it was happening in front of them, do something happened and security were involved
Well there was a load a foul mouthed abuse aimed at Brown and Fagan (doesn’t seem to matter that kids are sat there as well). But you have to remain professional and not get involved. But whether we find out reliably what “it” was who knows.

Some of the comments on here regarding the protest are completely untrue.

1. The steward (who was actually security) who was swung for, was done so because he pushed a mid 50 year old man over a wall, for a 8ft drop and cracked his head open with blood everywhere. The punch never landed and the security was rushed off into hiding.

2. Resounding boos? Watch the videos, you’ll clearly see 80% of fans are chanting for change.

3. Sit back and complain about people protesting! That is your choice to do so! But then don’t complain when it’s someone’s choice to go and protest. We all have the same rights.

4. At all times security and police knew exactly what was going to happen and the same as Tuesday the security offered us there support!

Last edited:
Quick one from me,

Absolutely delighted with the response from the fans today and against Eastleigh, my only comment being that you were possibly two years to late.. Im lead to believe the demonstration was by non titled individuated supporters who have simply just 'had enough'

I applaud you all, and thank you for taking the risk to express the views of many many many fans.

If some fans believe that by you going on the pitch (finally) to demonstrate against the draconian management of our club is in someway detrimental to us, (SUFC) and the bigger picture, I can only assume they have been in a coma for the last 36 months. Any damage to the reputation any loss of points to the club and any fine to the club should fall at the feet of the charlatan that calls this club his...

Thank you for representing me and my family in such a forceful vocal and fitting way today, I hope the guy who had his skull cracked open by the steward is ok, and not is to much of a bad way..

As for Brown and Fagan going, thats simply great news, but just be mindful that they were scarpered in bringing a 1st team coach to the table... which should have and could have made a huge difference. I would also be mindful about the two that seem to still be in work . The director football that must have sanctioned these horrendous (and I mean horrendous) batch of signings , and the man that is so called ' head of recruitment' you have sucked the sole out of our club over the past 2-3 years also, I can only assume your fire places are filled with little envelopes that get emptied every Saturday night

LONG LIVE SOUTHEND ON SEA< LONG LIVE MY SOUTHEND UNITED

It is NOT a good thing.
A fine costs money the club need.
Points are in short supply too.
The policing and stewarding bill will be again, another big hit to the finances.
The unpleasant nature of the protests, threatening, with violence ( mostly mild and mostly mouthy) is not conducive to attracting supporters to watch poor football. NOR, may it have appeal to players, management or investors?
luckily there is no club, we just have Ron Martin, they cant have something we do not have, and Rons made it very clear there is no money at the club apart from his, so seems wonderful to me! Massimo, if you are worried about the £50k this could cost SUFC, I assume you distraught about the 300k that our chairman and his unick son, charge SUFC each season for building consultancy costs in relation to the new stadium that wont be ours, that they will then rent back to us?? have a think about that one (each season) then we can hear your thoughts about over throwing this vile ****

Mods, can there be a thread for persons who want to air their views on the non match topic?
There are few, too few, football posts on this thread which is being overshadowed by the non game stuff?

I wonder if that will be a comfort as the police go through the video footage, with the distinct possibility of prosecutions. Even if I supported them coming on, which I don’t, celebrating the possible implications for some of those involved hardly suggests a great deal of care about them as individuals.

The police notices before the game were clear that they would follow up and prosecute any supporters invading the pitch during the game. And they were filming it all and social media of course is providing yet more evidence.

The ruined a protest that should have been just fine and completely discredited it.
lets see if they prosecute 3 and 4 year old children playing football in the goal mouth after the game, thats what I saw

Police dont police anymore, they let trouble violence and crime commence, and then try and do something about it afterwards.. could you imagine the riots of the 80's nowaday?

ironically a player whos attitude has riddled the team like a cancer over the last 2 seasons, lazy/ slow and passive..

or as I like to call him a **** house that doesnt deserve to wear the shirt of this once fine club... hay ho we all have our opinions I suppose RHB

So what precisely happened? Take us through it from your viewpoint?
Get off your high horse, man. Why are you demanding that I tell you what I saw? Like you're the arbiter of what's real and what's not, as though it simply must have been made up since you didn't see it, despite several people saying they did? The sneering arrogance on this forum is astounding sometimes.

Back