• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not lazy, just prioritising my coursework over money. Note minimum of 16hrs, most places want 20-25hrs. Thanks for your recommendations anyway pal.
Still sounds lazy especially as univeristy is easy now, they give out top gradings to everyone. But good luck then

Still sounds lazy especially as univeristy is easy now, they give out top gradings to everyone. But good luck then
Not if you do OU, they have strict grading. You have to consistently score 75-80% for a first, not the 65-70% required in brick and mortar universities where you are spoonfed by lecturers.

They take pride in making their degrees worth something to employers, hence why I chose them.

I also spent my 18-21 years in the working world, 40 hour weeks as a paralegal. I'm not remotely work shy.

Last edited:
Trying to find suitable part time work as a student is getting annoying now.

Already got one part time gig but it's seasonal and I won't be back until March at the earliest.

Putting my results first so not giving anyone any more than 12 hours. Most big businesses want a minimum of 16hrs. Add that to the 30-35hrs of study I'm doing and it quickly becomes a 50+hr week.

Anyone know any reasonable employers?

I found bar work to be the most flexible when I was studying.

If big business is too inflexible how about trying smaller businesses?

I found bar work to be the most flexible when I was studying.

If big business is too inflexible how about trying smaller businesses?
Not much bar work going in the Wickford/Basildon area at the moment. I asked at my local actually on the weekend, they said business is so slow that they don't need anyone else on the payroll.

Football coaching is an option and in high local demand but my quals are outdated and SUCET didn't fully register me with the FA it appears.

Been a real pain trying to sort it, to the point where I'd just rather re-register and do it all over again.

Trying to find suitable part time work as a student is getting annoying now.

Already got one part time gig but it's seasonal and I won't be back until March at the earliest.

Putting my results first so not giving anyone any more than 12 hours. Most big businesses want a minimum of 16hrs. Add that to the 30-35hrs of study I'm doing and it quickly becomes a 50+hr week.

Anyone know any reasonable employers?
With the possibility that finances could be on the up, is a part time position in the SUFC ticket office attractive?

With the possibility that finances could be on the up, is a part time position in the SUFC ticket office attractive?
I'd love to work for SUFC, but not sure if they'd love me to work for them considering my very open anti-RM position.

Will find out on Friday whether the teachers at my daughters school intend to strike next Wednesday.
Voted to strike. Apparently a 5% pay rise isn't good enough for teachers and they want an above inflation payrise of 12%

Both my wife and I would bite their hands off for a 5% payrise. Most I've had in recent years was last year at 2.5%. Wife not had one for 3 maybe 4 years.

Voted to strike. Apparently a 5% pay rise isn't good enough for teachers and they want an above inflation payrise of 12%

Both my wife and I would bite their hands off for a 5% payrise. Most I've had in recent years was last year at 2.5%. Wife not had one for 3 maybe 4 years.
Maybe you need a better union? Maybe they haven't had a pay rise for 3-4 years either? Besides 12% is probably a starting point for negotiations and they wont get that.

It's not, or at least it shouldn't be, a race to the bottom

This is what happens when you cater for vegans.

20230127_171128.jpg

This is also what happens when your definition of one buffet portion differs from that of the venue.

Just visited my dads house and discovered a letter claiming he had been doing 39 in a 30 zone.

Then I realised it was after I had taken ownership of his car. Up to six points and a grand fine seems harsh. Hopefully I will be offered a speed awareness course.

Back