• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
Great performance, pure grit and determination from back to front,

my ratings for what there worth

Darryl 5.5 flapped horribly and almost cost us apart from that ok

Francis 7.5 prob one of his best performances tonight

Clarke 7 I still dont like him but was solid tonight

Barrett 7.5 only the fact he lost a lot of headers tonight stopped an 8

Hammell 7 good performance, great free kick that led to goal

Gower 7 worked his socks off and used ball well

Bailey 8 showed some real class at times tonight

Macca 7 won a lot of ball and fought leeds to a standstill

Black 6.5 Done ok but didnt get enough ball IMO

Barnard 8 worked his *** off, scored, and linked play well

Macdonald 7 first class work rate and some nice touches

Scannell 6.5 Good pace would have loved him to score

Moooooooooooooooooos hardly on really

Disagree with a lot of those, Darryl didn't have many saves to make and dealt with almost everything well, one flap and the defence cleared it anyway. Peter Clarke was my MOM, he was magnificent - strong and decisive, great positioning and some lovely skill in cutting out through balls to Kandol and Beckford, who to be honest were pants tonight! Macca and Barnard would be runners up in my book, both played really well. The team played cohesively and really looked up for it - well played all round!

Well worth the 3,500 mile trip!

Flavs: 7
Francis: 6
Hammell: 6
Barrett: 7
Clarke: 7
Gower: 7
Black: 8
McCormack: 6
Bailey: 9
Barnard: 8
MacDonald: 6

Job done.

Francis was brilliant tonight.

Everyone worked their asses off tonight and we really looked like we wanted it. Every player played with passion and we shouldve won by more.

I didn't think Francis played very well at all. Constantly out of position and fell over four or five times in key positions.

Although looking at other posts it seems that I'm in a minority.

Flavs 6.5
Francis 8
Hammel 6.5
Clarke 7
Barrett 7
Black 7.5
Bailey 7
Macca 6.5
Gower 7
Charlie Mac 7.5
Barnard 8

deserved the win, Leeds didn't look all that and wasted a lot of possession.

Is this the first game we have had the championship defence all together?! Flavs, Francis, Clarke, Barrett, and Hammell all playing in theirfavoured positions. And we manage a clean sheet.

I didn't think Francis played very well at all. Constantly out of position and fell over four or five times in key positions.

Although looking at other posts it seems that I'm in a minority.

i let him off the falling over because he did it rarely by comparison to Leon Clarke. He was out of position a lot, but that's because he was getting forward so much that the Leeds left were forced back anyway- beckford tried to drift over there to exploit but we had enough cover. if he does that every game might get caught out (especially away) but it worked well tonight and gave us another threat going forward.

Is this the first game we have had the championship defence all together?! Flavs, Francis, Clarke, Barrett, and Hammell all playing in theirfavoured positions. And we manage a clean sheet.

I said on another thread, Francis should be in that position on merit now. I have a gut feeling he will back on the wing and Hunt back for Orient though.

Sadly work kept me away tonight, but Leeds at home last year was a decisive moment in the season. Might this year turn out to be the same?

For the second game runnig Black had an immense game. Keep it up!

Only topped tonight by Barnard - it is good to once more after Freddy have someone who looks like they might score.

Thought Bailey put in a top notch performance too.

The defence keeping a clean sheet desrve a mention too though they had some luck ..... but we are due some of that.

And finally 10 out of 10 for the A12, clear run back to Hadleigh (Suffolk) in 52 mins, world record.:)

Back