• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My Leicester away dilema.

Options?

• I am female - Sure she will be fine about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am female - You selfish ******* - I am glad you didnt spill your beans up me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Right need an opinion from the Dads on the board.

Mrs DtS is due to bring DtS junior into the world on 21st November and were both really excited. I appreciate a lot of first babys dont come when there due and I have all but written off Oldham at home which is 22nd November as I appreciate I cant really swan off the day after.

I have however been eyeing up Leicester away as a potential trip. This is on the 6th December.

I havent mentioned it to Mrs DtS yet. Am I scum for thinking of going? Is this a bit out of order?

As I see it if the baby is born on or close to the due date its 15 odd days after the birth. Mrs DtS is normally cool about me clearing off but I am not sure if this it a bridge to far. Before you cast your vote I will add that we will be living at her parents for a few months whilst the baby is born so her Mum, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law and there kids will all be about so she wont be on her own.

A baby can easily go 2 weeks past due date and if that happens the hospital may well want to induce the baby around the time of the Leicester game.

If your partner has a C-section she will not be able to do a great deal of lifting so your presence will be required.

Once the baby is born you will be so busy you can forget about most leisure activities.

I have only been to a handful of games since my kids were born.

Last edited:
To echo Mad Cyril, first babies are often late. If they're up to two weeks past their due date then the hospital will induce. The chances are your baby will be born late, but how late can't be known.

My question to you, however, is would you actually want to go? As a very recent father myself (my son was born on four weeks ago today) I can tell you the answer isn't that cut and dried. You may well find yourself deciding you would rather be at home with your other half and little one. Only time will tell...

Last edited:
BLUEBLOOD Junior was 2 weeks late, i went to Rochdale at home (the game where we came back from 3-0 down at half time to draw) and when i got in his mum was just starting the contradictions (or did they come later :unsure:)

But in answer to your question Dave, i would go to the match if at all possible .. or else it'll soon be "Well you didn't go to the last one" or some other such nonsense .. You need to set the ground rules early on mate

When mine was expecting, we agreed no games 2 weeks before due date & 6 weeks after.
It just gave a 2 month safety net either side of the big day.

To be honest, as Grace ended up coming early, the Mrs actually did say I could go to Rotherham 10 days after our new arrival, but to be honest I was so knackered & emotionally drained I just couldn't face the journey! Typically we won 4-2 & kickstarted our season!

Leicester is a soulless hole so I wouldn't go anyway Dave!

My little crowd had corporates last time, courtesy of Philips Lighting and Medlocks .. nice 3 course meal, free bar, programme and top notch padded seats in the main stand .. a jolly nice time was had by all, despite the result

I'm not sure if a similar deal is in the offing this year though :unsure:

Dont miss the birth of the baby becasue of any football match regardless of who it is. There will be plenty more footy matches, and dont view it as just "keeping the mrs happy". Its worth witnessing for your own benefit.

Dont miss the birth of the baby becasue of any football match regardless of who it is. There will be plenty more footy matches, and dont view it as just "keeping the mrs happy". Its worth witnessing for your own benefit.

I've seen two kids being born but I have never seen Julian Hails score a hat trick.

My little crowd had corporates last time, courtesy of Philips Lighting and Medlocks .. nice 3 course meal, free bar, programme and top notch padded seats in the main stand .. a jolly nice time was had by all, despite the result

I'm not sure if a similar deal is in the offing this year though :unsure:

lack of pubs, over zealous stewards and policeman, crap atmosphere, muggy Leicester fans berating you all day and the start of Luke Guttridge's downfall with a truly awful performance.

Quality.

Just to make it clear if the baby is not born I would never dream of going.

I am assuming that the baby is 10-12 days old at this point.

What is the question here - should Dave buy a ticket for the Leicester game for his as yet unborn sprog?

You've got to introduce them young.

Im not very good at finding old threads, but didnt you previously have a 'Leicester away Dilema poll'??

Well I wouldn't go myself mate, but I wouldn't class you as a "knob"! Like Rich said, you'll probably be too exhausted to go anyhow. I'd give it to the New Year.

Small babies are a pain in the arse.. Get out of there..Plus her parents will be all over it.. you wont get a look in.. In fact you could sneak out n back and no one would notice..

Back