• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

if you ever have trademan in your home,ask them if they earn £80 per day.plumbers,brickies,plasterers ect would not get out of bed for that type of pay.

I know - bloody ridiculous really. But now, the higher supply is creating a new market rate, which (being a customer) I am happy about.

It's a joke that a plumber can be paid the same as a solicitor - no offence to plumbers, but I know what job I'd take for an easier life!!

Last edited:
when ex home secretary blunkett admitted certain persons were never arrested for fear of race riots,you know its gone wrong.

look at parts of this country that have high levels of migrants ,which results in high unemployment and poverty,then this goverment screams "kids trapped in poverty" its a never ending circle which taxpayers of all creeds have to fund.

here are 5 persons views who i have conversed with in the past.

brickie ,as explained
assistant head teacher,her school has gone from having approx 10 ethnic persons to now having in excess of 100,she claims the school standards have fallen with disclepline at an all time low.

serving copper, afraid to tackle certain people for fear of being called racist and maybe even being suspended from duty.

doctor,the infrastructure cannot cope,TB has returned along with other ailmants,more cases of HIV/AIDS.

parent,his 6 year old kid was taught the other day how to make a muslim prayer mat.the parent was not amused as this had little to do with educating his kid apart from being a whim of the teacher.

Depends on what you mean in "what we did". It's a bit like Life of Brian and What have the Romans done for us?

I've always firmly believed that the British Empire was largely a force for good. There were definitely lots of wrongs but I think these were far outweighed by the rights.

As we wrote the history on that not entirly sure we can be unbiased on that one ;) (anyway thats a different kettle of fish/tea/ gunboat diplomacy )

Its this simple life dosnt give two turds about our social structures we develop .
The imperative of each and every human being is driven by our evolutionary desires and needs , we use our intellects to form devieces by where these can be achieved . If these structures begin to fail (as they are all over the world not just here ) , they adapt or are replaced .

We may bemoan the loss of old ways or bloody migrants coming in etc etc , but at the end of teh day unless we as individual inntellegent people can honestly sit down and look at how we life our lives and say yes i agree with this structire or i dont , and then learn about it so you can affect change , all this talking about it will achive nothing .

Quick notes on past comments .

TB's back - Why its a virus that evolves it overcame our over use of drugs . Sorry thats what happens with viruses its what they do.

Helath care failing , well simply we have to many people that dont look after themseleves !!! Prevention is always better then cure

Lastly social awareness , where is it ? Whos your neighbour ? why does the tevelision take up so much of your lifes , whats the need if getting blotted every firday night . Ad infinitum

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1535478/Sharia-law-is-spreading-as-authority-wanes.html

Sharia law has been sneaked in by the back door..so now Islamics have their laws in our country..send them all packing, if they choose to live in our country, they should live by our laws, not bring theirs with them...can you imagine going to Iraq and them letting us have UK laws over there...never ever!!!

As said in no official context , and these "courts" have been used by Masons , esoteric organisations , unofficial government bodies for centuries. If found inforcing the rule of law of the land they will all be arrested.

parent,his 6 year old kid was taught the other day how to make a muslim prayer mat.the parent was not amused as this had little to do with educating his kid apart from being a whim of the teacher.

Art and crafts. What's wrong with that exactly?

depends on your outlook i suppose?

this goverment has constantly told us that migrants are good for the economy because they take jobs which british people refuse to do,this is complete and utter bullcrap,perhaps they could explain as to why migrants have such a high level of unemployment?

the power of television is a very powerful tool,my view being this sneaky goverment have insisted that BBC and ITV have a large volume of ethnic newsreaders as well as reporters,thus seeing an ethnic face in your living room every night brainwashes us its all become acceptable.

look at it this way,ethnics number approx 10% of the population,so any TV company would/could employ approx 10% of their workforce as ethnic,yet newsreaders/reporters are around 40% of total being ethnic,either they are very good or its by design.

depends on your outlook i suppose?

this goverment has constantly told us that migrants are good for the economy because they take jobs which british people refuse to do,this is complete and utter bullcrap,perhaps they could explain as to why migrants have such a high level of unemployment?

the power of television is a very powerful tool,my view being this sneaky goverment have insisted that BBC and ITV have a large volume of ethnic newsreaders as well as reporters,thus seeing an ethnic face in your living room every night brainwashes us its all become acceptable.

look at it this way,ethnics number approx 10% of the population,so any TV company would/could employ approx 10% of their workforce as ethnic,yet newsreaders/reporters are around 40% of total being ethnic,either they are very good or its by design.

GB teh word ethnic refers to a social grouping
pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

so you could be describing people from say Cornwall , or Yorkshire etc (both groups historical for instance made up of Celt, euro asians , middle eastern anstertry , and with teh Yorkshire lot Danes , Nord's Russian clets etc etc ).

You argument seems to be about a perception of a type of personsage ??

I'd have objected to that most strongly. If we are unable to promote Christian festivals like Easter and Christmas in the form of traditional Nativity plays, then why on earth should we be making "prayer mats"? Children that age do paper weaving as part of their D&T (and maths as tessilation) in the National Curriculum, as far as I'm aware it's never been given any religious associations and nor should it be.

I'd have objected to that most strongly. If we are unable to promote Christian festivals like Easter and Christmas in the form of traditional Nativity plays, then why on earth should we be making "prayer mats"? Children that age do paper weaving as part of their D&T (and maths as tessilation) in the National Curriculum, as far as I'm aware it's never been given any religious associations and nor should it be.

Pagan festivals *cough* to Ovia , and Mithras and Horus *cough*

I see your point , it could have been a quick lesson plan having to be amended by the teacher (as you know ) and i agree why the religious connotation, why not just say matt weaving class ?

just as a contrary example of that, my other half works at a London school where the majority of the students are Sikh or Muslim- they're making Xmas cards and having a nativity play.

i live in grays(for my sins)approx 4 years ago the ethnic population within grays was very very low ,asian shopkeepers and possibly maximum of 20 or 30 people from africa.............my council tax was around £800

today the town is awash with multi races which in turn has brought many problems ie english white kids have diffulculty in finding school places with irate parents far from being amused,mugging has now become fairly frequent,drug gangs appear to be operating within the town,the list goes on and on...........oh yes my council tax has now rocketed to £1500 could it be because many of these people rent from private landlords which the council pay for?

in addition its widely known these persons have recieved anything from 22k up to 54k to settle within the town/borough.

just as a contrary example of that, my other half works at a London school where the majority of the students are Sikh or Muslim- they're making Xmas cards and having a nativity play.

This is the problem though, different authorities seem to apply different interpretations. For a true multi cultural society, schools should recognise and celebrate as many of the most significant festivals as they can or do none at all. Unfortunately central government and the DfCSF seem unable to give any sensible directives, instead just ploughing more paperwork onto teachers, schools and governors.

As Osy picked up, all I was saying was there was no need to put any religious interpretation on the paper weaving at all.

Are we a Christian country, or a Sikh / Muslim country?

So they should...this is Britain. If they want to live here, follow our traditions and beliefs, just like we would have to in thier country.... Could you really see Islamic countries letting us teach their kids about Xmas and Easter....Never in a million years!!

So they should...this is Britain. If they want to live here, follow our traditions and beliefs, just like we would have to in thier country.... Could you really see Islamic countries letting us teach their kids about Xmas and Easter....Never in a million years!!

Well actually yes Egypt is a good example of this they do indeed have Christmas cards and Christian festivals.

To say that any one relgion dominates a country is abursed , i mean England even at the height of the control of the fledling Roman church had Shaministic , Jewish , Nordic worshippers . Its how the ruling powers of the time choose to use it or abuse it :)

Do you know for certain that there was no nativity play at that particular school? I'm always sceptical of such reports - I've got quite a few friends with small children and plenty of cousins of junior school age and they all have nativity plays at their schools. For the benefit of the Hindu children in their schools they also have some form of Diwali celebration too.

I'll wager that wasn't reported in the Mail/Express/Sun.

As Max Bygraves once said, I wanna tell you a story. A good mate of mine (who happens to be somewhat dusky in hue) were watching England play the West Indies. At that time, we only really knew each other through working together, and hadn't delved into the key topics of the epoque such as Normo Tebbs' cricket test. My mate was born in England to Jamaican immigrants - so I asked him: 'Do you support the Windies in cricket?' I was stunned, not by his answer, which was 'No I f'ing well don't', but by his anger that I assumed that he would.

We had served together in the British Army, and I had seen first hand some of the abuse he had been subjected to - whilst serving Queen and Country - and I wouldn't blame him for being somewhat jaded in his attitude to the country of his birth. This was a good few years ago, so it seems strange that I even asked him the question, as I know full well that this guy is more right-wing than the illegitimate offspring of Goebbels and Ann Coulter, and more flag-waving patriot than the Last Night of the Proms audience, if it was filled with 5,000 J clones.

I am not saying that every non-white person who lives in this country needs to be a Daily Mail reading Thatcherite, but I would expect everyone who lives here, whatever their colour or religion, to appreciate the freedoms and the opportunities that England offers. I am right-wing (duh!), but the NHS and our Welfare State are institutions we can be rightly proud of as mechanisms to protect the weak and frail in our society. When they are exploited my migrants (and homegrown loafers), we start to question them, especially if someone is happy to run down the 'debauchery' of the West and then live in a home provided by the taxpayers of the West.

Without resorting to a jingoistic rant, this is a great country, with a heritage of which we can be justly proud. I am happy to share that with people who feel the same way, but I am not willing to let other cultures hold sway over the culture that stood firm against Hitler and Napoleon, that gave the world the printing press, the Industrial Revolution and the bacon sandwich. Anyone can have an invitation to our party, just don't nick all the booze and stand in the corner moaning.

Back