• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As Max Bygraves once said, I wanna tell you a story. A good mate of mine (who happens to be somewhat dusky in hue) were watching England play the West Indies. At that time, we only really knew each other through working together, and hadn't delved into the key topics of the epoque such as Normo Tebbs' cricket test. My mate was born in England to Jamaican immigrants - so I asked him: 'Do you support the Windies in cricket?' I was stunned, not by his answer, which was 'No I f'ing well don't', but by his anger that I assumed that he would.

We had served together in the British Army, and I had seen first hand some of the abuse he had been subjected to - whilst serving Queen and Country - and I wouldn't blame him for being somewhat jaded in his attitude to the country of his birth. This was a good few years ago, so it seems strange that I even asked him the question, as I know full well that this guy is more right-wing than the illegitimate offspring of Goebbels and Ann Coulter, and more flag-waving patriot than the Last Night of the Proms audience, if it was filled with 5,000 J clones.

I am not saying that every non-white person who lives in this country needs to be a Daily Mail reading Thatcherite, but I would expect everyone who lives here, whatever their colour or religion, to appreciate the freedoms and the opportunities that England offers. I am right-wing (duh!), but the NHS and our Welfare State are institutions we can be rightly proud of as mechanisms to protect the weak and frail in our society. When they are exploited my migrants (and homegrown loafers), we start to question them, especially if someone is happy to run down the 'debauchery' of the West and then live in a home provided by the taxpayers of the West.

Without resorting to a jingoistic rant, this is a great country, with a heritage of which we can be justly proud. I am happy to share that with people who feel the same way, but I am not willing to let other cultures hold sway over the culture that stood firm against Hitler and Napoleon, that gave the world the printing press, the Industrial Revolution and the bacon sandwich. Anyone can have an invitation to our party, just don't nick all the booze and stand in the corner moaning.

B.A.G couldn't have said that better!!

To quote an Aussie saying, "Do not ask what can Australia do for me, but what I can do for Australia."

We're stuck with our situation now, but can stop those coming over for an easy life. Most countries have a multi-cultural society & are richer (non-financially) for it. We wouldn't have the vast choice of restaurants & car washes without the new population.

I only object to spongers who want an easy life & have given nothing to this country to deserve that kind life.

Oh I wasn't suggesting it was necessarily a bad thing. But by colonising those countries, we made Britain a desirable option for immigrants due to cultural and linguistic ties. On balance, both sides reaped the benefit of 'us' going to 'them', now the boot is on the other foot and quite right too.
Yes i agree smack our capitalist arses we're naughty naughty people.

i agree to a certain extent,however skilled eastern bloc workers have flooded this country and undermining british workers pay levels,which in turn means lower revenues.

the brickie i know was earning £200 per day approx 3 years ago,today if he can actually find work he will be on £80/90 per day in line with what the eastern lads earn.

I dont follow, lower revenues? Surely if the wage bill is lower the sales wont fall as a result. Infact, if anything, the profit margin will increase which can only be a good thing.

Oh and I suggest your mate finds a new job, even if that means retraining or would that be to tough? Two words work ethic!I hate people moaning about situationalism. Change it if you're that fed up about it!

Last edited:
Do you know for certain that there was no nativity play at that particular school? I'm always sceptical of such reports - I've got quite a few friends with small children and plenty of cousins of junior school age and they all have nativity plays at their schools. For the benefit of the Hindu children in their schools they also have some form of Diwali celebration too.

No, obviously I don't, I can only go on what is reported in the press, what I see from information I receive as a school governor and what I know from first hand experience. What I know is that many schools have dispensed with the traditional Nativity play altogether and just have a performance to celebrate Christmas that might include a concert or class sketches or a small non religious play. At our Infant school, they perform a play which is usually to do with a PC favourite theme - like pollution or being eco friendly - and as part of that they will have a very brief tableau representing the birth of Jesus.

At the pre-school I used to work at, we did a Christmas concert, and did a similar tableau with certain children representing and dressed as the key characters. We also made Diwali lights and symbols for other festivals.

I believe the National Curriculum up to KS2 (end of Juniors) covers Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism in detail, and also mentions that there are others who either don't follow any religion or follow one of the many others which are out there.

I dont follow, lower revenues? Surely if the wage bill is lower the sales wont fall as a result. Infact, if anything, the profit margin will increase which can only be a good thing.

Oh and I suggest your mate finds a new job, even if that means retraining or would that be to tough? Two words work ethic!I hate people moaning about situationalism. Change it if you're that fed up about it!

lower revenues.

the british building industry in the past 2 years ihas seen large volumes of eastern bloc workers either replacing british workers or forcing british workers to accept lower pay,the result being massive loss of taxation through lower wages.

i suggest you read the current info available.

the lad who applied at tesco,

i was always brought up with the concept of "look after your own first" surely this country should be employing its own people first?

the goverment gave massive incentives for large companies to employ overseas workers,the result being tesco hired 51 illegal immigrants as opposed to giving jobs to british workers.

do you think this was the correct thing to do?

lower revenues.

the british building industry in the past 2 years ihas seen large volumes of eastern bloc workers either replacing british workers or forcing british workers to accept lower pay,the result being massive loss of taxation through lower wages.

i suggest you read the current info available.

the lad who applied at tesco,

i was always brought up with the concept of "look after your own first" surely this country should be employing its own people first?

the goverment gave massive incentives for large companies to employ overseas workers,the result being tesco hired 51 illegal immigrants as opposed to giving jobs to british workers.

do you think this was the correct thing to do?

Many people I know in the building trade are self employed, and with the help of clever accountants pay a lot less tax than possibly you and I do. How does that help the exchequer?

Many people I know in the building trade are self employed, and with the help of clever accountants pay a lot less tax than possibly you and I do. How does that help the exchequer?

true many do,however many dont employ decent accountants or even are taxed at source.

the info i have read regarding this matter is damaging to all of us.

the goverment predicted around 80,000 eastern bloc people would come to these shores with many returning home after a short period.

the reality is rather different,experts have stated there are 200,000 eastern bloc persons who have actually registered for employment,cynics predict this figure is nearer 500,000.

i find it a scandal that many of the above are able to claim child benefit for there kids back home ,so by law they are free to claim here and in their own country.

the cost must be huge

true many do,however many dont employ decent accountants or even are taxed at source.

the info i have read regarding this matter is damaging to all of us.

the goverment predicted around 80,000 eastern bloc people would come to these shores with many returning home after a short period.

the reality is rather different,experts have stated there are 200,000 eastern bloc persons who have actually registered for employment,cynics predict this figure is nearer 500,000.

i find it a scandal that many of the above are able to claim child benefit for there kids back home ,so by law they are free to claim here and in their own country.

the cost must be huge

to be fair gb, if they do not employ an accountant that is their own fault. Bit lke someone moaning that they haven't got savings because they haven't saved, or that they are unfit because they haven't exercised.

Tax at source is only 18% I believe, not a bad rate :)

And on the flip side, what about non construction industry jobs which might conveniently not be taxed at all? :whistling:

As for claiming twice on benefits, yes that is completely ridiculous.

people would have no complaints if the following applied.

1/people coming here to support thereselves with NO help from the state
2/they should all be able to speak english and abide by our laws and beliefs
3/ ensure english persons obtain any jobs/houses/flats before others
4/the goverment to stop making stupid racial laws which winds most people up
5/stop giving overseas people special treatment
6/ensure english persons are 1st in the queue for hospital operations and doctor appointments.
7/any overseas person committing crime,send them packing to serve the sentence in their own country.

if the above applied none of us could ever whinge.

I'll assume that when you state "English persons" they can be classified as those of say West Indian/Pakistani/Indian/Sri Lankan/African/Canadian/Australian who may be born here who are therefore of British origin.

I'll assume that when you state "English persons" they can be classified as those of say West Indian/Pakistani/Indian/Sri Lankan/African/Canadian/Australian who may be born here who are therefore of British origin.

if they are english/british yes for sure.

I think someone else said that first.......substitute Convict Land for USA, and 'an Aussie' for JFK.

That might be correct, but its something the Aussies have been saying & applying to their potential new citizens.

If it was as easy to get into Oz as it is this country, I would have left these shores years ago. I have no trade, but I have a good brain, but not one good enough to be a doctor, lawyer etc. Its their loss!! ;)

people would have no complaints if the following applied.

1/people coming here to support thereselves with NO help from the state
2/they should all be able to speak english and abide by our laws and beliefs
3/ ensure english persons obtain any jobs/houses/flats before others
4/the goverment to stop making stupid racial laws which winds most people up
5/stop giving overseas people special treatment
6/ensure english persons are 1st in the queue for hospital operations and doctor appointments.
7/any overseas person committing crime,send them packing to serve the sentence in their own country.

if the above applied none of us could ever whinge.

Interestingly, the above is pretty much how it works in the UAE where in some places, foreigners (of which I am one) make up 95% of the population. It's not at all concealed, everyone knows and accepts that Emiratis come first.

I'm not saying I agree with any of the other one-eyed, bigoted crap you put on this site though, to be fair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1535478/Sharia-law-is-spreading-as-authority-wanes.html

Sharia law has been sneaked in by the back door..so now Islamics have their laws in our country..send them all packing, if they choose to live in our country, they should live by our laws, not bring theirs with them...can you imagine going to Iraq and them letting us have UK laws over there...never ever!!!

To be honest, in an age where the common view seems to be that the criminal justice system is too soft and that there is a lack of respect for authority, I'm a little surprised that this is rejected out of hand. Ok, a state of Marshall law is unacceptable but elements of Sharia law would actually strengthen the effectiveness of our system.

Put it this way, if they brought in Sharia type changes without using the word Sharia, I think people would think it a positive step.

Interestingly, the above is pretty much how it works in the UAE where in some places, foreigners (of which I am one) make up 95% of the population. It's not at all concealed, everyone knows and accepts that Emiratis come first.

I'm not saying I agree with any of the other one-eyed, bigoted crap you put on this site though, to be fair.

your post is one of the many wrongs in society,anyone who has a different view from yourself in your opinion "spouts one eyed bigoted crap" yet people as yourself rarely offer any explanations at all.

Back