• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

Unless the club have direct access to every other clubs accountants there is no way of knowing who has what wage budget until every teams full financial reports are submitted next year.
The only sure thing will be Sunderland are top of the budget list and Accrington bottom.

plus a lot of clubs dont release their accounts.

It's probably useful for me to list my predictions for our remaining fixtures. I say this because I am usually entirely wrong. Here goes:

Accrington AWAY Lose
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Scunthorpe AWAY Draw 1 pt
AFC Wombles Home Win 3 pts
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Draw 1 pt

Total 13 points from our remaining 13 matches. So will end the season on 53 points which should be more than enough to survive. I hope.

OK. An update on my predictions which remain 100% incorrect. However, we have gained one more point than I thought we would so let's hope that my draw prediction for Scunthorpe is also incorrect because we win.....

As it stands...the ---- represents the fourth relegation place (Oxford).

......... P Pts GD
SUFC 36 42 -4

PLYM 36 42 -11

WALS 36 42 -16
ACCR 35 41 -13

SCUN 36 41 -19
B ROV 35 40 -1
SHRE 36 40 -8
--------------------
OXF 36 39 -11

The three next home games against Wombles, Shrews and Wycombe are all eminently winnable and are MUST win games for us. If we drop any of those nine points we will be struggling to get anything from the likes of Fleetwood, Peterborough and Sunderland......

It could all end up as a massive game against Sunderland, with them wanting far and above North Bank allocation and us fighting to stay up and selling out the rest of the ground...plus a 17.30 kick-off ensures that everyone gets a good drink beforehand...

What could possibly go wrong...............:Look:

The three next home games against Wombles, Shrews and Wycombe are all eminently winnable and are MUST win games for us. If we drop any of those nine points we will be struggling to get anything from the likes of Fleetwood, Peterborough and Sunderland......

I think we can get something against Peterborough, although I am concerned for next Saturday!

I suppose in an ideal world , by the time the Mackams come to town, we'll be safe - points and mathematically-wise....please..:Highfive:

Would SUFC then "do a Morecambe" and give Sunderland a larger allocation...bums in seats that might otherwise be empty = cash.

Interesting scenario to come maybe - I personally wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they agreed to steward the "extras" .....as we did in our unsuccessful trip North-West a few years ago..

If my memory serves me right..approx. 2,300 Shrimpers made the journey and we were given 2.5 sides of the ground..:Unsure:

I suppose in an ideal world , by the time the Mackams come to town, we'll be safe - points and mathematically-wise....please..:Highfive:

Would SUFC then "do a Morecambe" and give Sunderland a larger allocation...bums in seats that might otherwise be empty = cash.

Interesting scenario to come maybe - I personally wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they agreed to steward the "extras" .....as we did in our unsuccessful trip North-West a few years ago..

If my memory serves me right..approx. 2,300 Shrimpers made the journey and we were given 2.5 sides of the ground..:Unsure:
I think we would sell all home tickets for this even if we was safe

They received an extra allocation from Wycombe yesterday had the usual away end behind the goal plus some on one of the side stands had 2700 odd there. But I would like to think we would sellout Sunderland at home bank holiday, last game of the season. Big game for them Tuesday night Barnsley away. Don't think we will have anything except pride to play for by then.

They received an extra allocation from Wycombe yesterday had the usual away end behind the goal plus some on one of the side stands had 2700 odd there. But I would like to think we would sellout Sunderland at home bank holiday, last game of the season. Big game for them Tuesday night Barnsley away. Don't think we will have anything except pride to play for by then.

Bugger , I thought it was a Saturday kick off...I have plans for the Bank Holiday.

Sunderland tickets now available to STH's....woo hoo, that's me sorted....:Smile:
I know the club want to stop Sunderland fans buying tickets in home areas, but its a bit odd restricting sales to Season Ticket holders for a home game??

Why can't they sell them to non-season ticket holders that have previous purchase history?

Quite possible if there is promotion or a title at stake for Sunderland that one way or another some of their fans will manage to get into the home end

Quite possible if there is promotion or a title at stake for Sunderland that one way or another some of their fans will manage to get into the home end
They won't wait to see if it's an important match they will be after the tickets as soon as they can.
There will be Sunderland fans in our home areas but maybe not as many as if they were a local well supported team.

If I read the official site correct only Season Ticket holders, shareholders and lottery members can actually only buy home tickets.

Back