• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ex-target Harry Forrester has had his contract terminated at Rangers.

Wouldn't imagine we're in for him this time but you never know.

He turned us down the first time so he can shove it up his arse.

Although no loanees were brought into our league between April and May, for understandable reasons, this market has started to pick up with 10 in June and already 11 so far this month. 5 clubs are hogging the loan market with 15 of those signings. Blackpool like a loan, having already snapped up 4, perhaps its their main strategy, and they seem to be the only club with a penchent for Scotland and maybe close link with Rangers.
Peterborough, Bradford and Fleetwood have each brought in 3. The Championship is the major hunting ground with 12 from there and only 6 from the Prem. Leeds is the go to club , having loaned out 4. I hope when we are clearer about our squad we can get half a dozen of our lads out on loan and just maybe bring in at least one ourselves?

Although no loanees were brought into our league between April and May, for understandable reasons, this market has started to pick up with 10 in June and already 11 so far this month. 5 clubs are hogging the loan market with 15 of those signings. Blackpool like a loan, having already snapped up 4, perhaps its their main strategy, and they seem to be the only club with a penchent for Scotland and maybe close link with Rangers.
Peterborough, Bradford and Fleetwood have each brought in 3. The Championship is the major hunting ground with 12 from there and only 6 from the Prem. Leeds is the go to club , having loaned out 4. I hope when we are clearer about our squad we can get half a dozen of our lads out on loan and just maybe bring in at least one ourselves?

Why?....and who

It does seem extraordinary this year that already over 130 players have been signed up to our league during the transfer window, as if our league wont be competitive enough. Who knows maybe it will work against the likes of Peterborough and Blackpool who have signed 27 players between them alone !! If they keep going Peterborough will be able to field 4 teams, that wont keep the vast numbers barely getting on the pitch very happy? 6 teams have brought in 60 ( Peterborough 14, Blackpool 13, Bradford 9, Plymouth 9, Coventry 8 and AFC Wimbledon 7 )
I cant remember another season like it. At least we tie second for the number of players bought, but miles behind Peterboroughs tally of 7 buys and 3 loanees

According to the consultant I have just seen I have a pretty large hematoma of the inner tissue in the upper thigh causing reflective pain down through the shinbone. He reckons resting it is the answer. I told him I was watching Leeds on Sunday he told me I would be extremely foolish to attempt it. I'm seriously considering being extremely foolish, it's my first friendly of the season, I want to see the new kit, the pitch, the players and everything. Doctors can be very unsympathetic at times.

Surprised to hear Oxford. I would've thought he was way out of our budget. But if Oxford can have a good surely so can we?

That being said, I wonder how many zeros are on Sunderland's offer...
Why ? They have consistently got bigger gates than us season over season they have a ground that’s one of the new generation, we’ll ran with a more successful history than us, how do you base us on where we stand in relation to other clubs??

Also I’ve just checked and they don’t have Rob Martin as their chairman

Why ? They have consistently got bigger gates than us season over season they have a ground that’s one of the new generation, we’ll ran with a more successful history than us, how do you base us on where we stand in relation to other clubs??

Who is Rob Martin?

This is all base on the insinuation that I think Oxford are in someway below us. Which isn't the case at all. It's more a case of me thinking Holmes wouldn't entertain offers from clubs less likely to get promotion. Which includes us and Oxford.

Back