• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2021 Friendlies

Good to know that @TrueBlue is helping to arrange an link up between both club, we help Hullbridge by letting them have our U23 players to help them gains experience and having an young full time pro player to strengthen their side, plus we get an better and rounded player when they come back to us.

We should link up with Great Wakering, Basildon Utd, Canvey & Bowers & Pitsea etc to send our U23 players to them, plus they can still play in our U23 in midweek.

..and cages round the stand (when I went).
I go regularly (£5 entry) and the pitch isn't the best as unfortunately I believe they have been refused permission (so far) to close it off to the public and fence the whole pitch off.

There are a few covered areas with seats and a cafe open throughout the game.

Always see football played with passion and for the shirt, a refreshing change to what we have endured over the last 3 years.

I go regularly (£5 entry) and the pitch isn't the best as unfortunately I believe they have been refused permission (so far) to close it off to the public and fence the whole pitch off.

There are a few covered areas with seats and a cafe open throughout the game.

Always see football played with passion and for the shirt, a refreshing change to what we have endured over the last 3 years.

I believe the council charge Manor about £6,000 for that pitch and another £4,000 for the poor facilities that go with it. Worth remembering when your hear about players on £300,000 per week.

Not that great but I think one or two more might be added, 2 in 2 days also, will be under 23’s

For fitness we will definitely need more games against league opposition this year because of covid.

The teams below the National League (we won't play anyone in our division) will have been off for 7 months plus are part time anyway. They are useful for getting some game time (and confidence?) but won't test our fitness the way chasing W*** H**'s kids' shadows will.

The trouble we will come into is that the league starts a couple of weeks before us so the League Clubs will be on a different schedule to us. When we want our biggest tests they will have all resumed their seasons and won't be available.

I'd expect to add a couple of league clubs (Orient/Gillingham/Ipswich/Millwall/Col Ewe?) between the Maidstone and Ebbsfleet games and then probably Spurs u23s and a Chelmsford/Braintree/Billericay after the Ebbsfleet game.

We'll probably have u23s fixtures v the likes of Aveley, Hornchurch (already confirmed), Hullbridge, Canvey, Barking etc

Haven't seen that clip for a while. Only just noticed that the commentator sounded totally nonplussed whenever we scored. Obviously turned up to solely focus on the Toon.

Not sure I agree with that, I think that was just his style.

The problem for me is that the highlights left out the funniest thing that happened during that game. Newcastle had a corner in the South West corner that some Newcastle player or other got a clean head on the ball and sent to to the top corner. It was going in until Chris Powell (who was on the post) popped up with a goal-line clearance with is head. Behind you heard the "Yeah...oooh" from the Newcastle fans. The ball went off for another corner in the same place, The corner came over, the same Newcastle player put the ball in the same place, and again Chris Powell headed clear. Again there was a "Yeah...oooh" from the Newcastle fans and everyone burst out laughing, even Chris Powell. He was laughing so much he was could hardly run and was holding his stomach.

"I want everybody match fit before the season starts on the 21st August, and that’s not just the first XI. That’s the second XI and the third XI."

He wants a squad of 33?

I believe the council charge Manor about £6,000 for that pitch and another £4,000 for the poor facilities that go with it. Worth remembering when your hear about players on £300,000 per week.

That's a shocking amount of money for a small club, how many do they get a game? 100?

Isn't this a park funded by the TAX payer, what the hell. You can go to any local park that have goal posts, put up some nets and have a game of football with your mates for free.

You can go to any local park that have goal posts, put up some nets and have a game of football with your mates for free.

Sounds like SUFC in 3 seasons time !! I bet Ron takes the ball home when we're losing and it's time for his dinner !

That's a shocking amount of money for a small club, how many do they get a game? 100?

Isn't this a park funded by the TAX payer, what the hell. You can go to any local park that have goal posts, put up some nets and have a game of football with your mates for free.

even some of the "higher grade" sunday pitches they're trying to coax £1500 a year out of

even some of the "higher grade" sunday pitches they're trying to coax £1500 a year out of

How things have changed. I remember turning up on a Sunday Morning and paying £5 - £10 a game to play. Most of that went to the ref.

Back