• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2021 Friendlies

How things have changed. I remember turning up on a Sunday Morning and paying £5 - £10 a game to play. Most of that went to the ref.
Not so—I believe refs fees went up from £30 to 35 a couple of seasons ago.

21/22 pre-season schedule so far:

DateOppositionVenueTime
Tuesday 20th JulyGreat Wakering RoversAwayTBC
Friday 23rd JulyWest Ham XIHomeTBC
Saturday 24th JulyMaidstone UnitedAway3pm
Saturday 7th AugustEbbsfleet UnitedAway3pm

Although the Hornchurch FC website is reporting:

Full schedule
Tue 13th July – Frenford (Away)
Sat 17th July – Canvey Island (Away)
Tue 20th July – Southend United (Home)
Sat 24th July – Dagenham and Redbridge (Home)
Sat 31st July – Great Wakering Rovers (Away)
Wed 4th August – Grays Athletic (Away)
Sat 7th August – Chelmsford City (Home)

Kick offs are likely to be 3pm on Saturdays and 7:45pm midweek but will be confirmed nearer the time, as will admission costs.

21/22 pre-season schedule so far:

DateOppositionVenueTime
Tuesday 20th JulyGreat Wakering RoversAwayTBC
Friday 23rd JulyWest Ham XIHomeTBC
Saturday 24th JulyMaidstone UnitedAway3pm
Saturday 7th AugustEbbsfleet UnitedAway3pm

Although the Hornchurch FC website is reporting:

Full schedule
Tue 13th July – Frenford (Away)
Sat 17th July – Canvey Island (Away)
Tue 20th July – Southend United (Home)
Sat 24th July – Dagenham and Redbridge (Home)
Sat 31st July – Great Wakering Rovers (Away)
Wed 4th August – Grays Athletic (Away)
Sat 7th August – Chelmsford City (Home)

Kick offs are likely to be 3pm on Saturdays and 7:45pm midweek but will be confirmed nearer the time, as will admission costs.

Hornchurch is u23s

How things have changed. I remember turning up on a Sunday Morning and paying £5 - £10 a game to play. Most of that went to the ref.

Not so—I believe refs fees went up from £30 to 35 a couple of seasons ago.

Indeed. I don't know how far back you're remembering but in 2004 the Sunday morning refs' fee round here was £22, ten years ago it was £30 and, as stated, a few years ago it rose to £35. All figures are inclusive of expenses. So the cost of the all so important match official has never been a major part of the cost of local amateur grassroots football. Leagues are charging less and less these days in recognition of the difficult times faced by clubs whose biggest expenditure (apart from after match drinks) is the ever-increasing costs charged by the pitch providers (council) for the ever-decreasing quality of service and pitch care provided.

Good Wakering ex.
Wakering and just about everyone else. Billericay, Concord, Hemel Hempstead, Maldon & Tiptree, Aveley, Hullbridge, Dartford and probably a few more. And Gillingham for some League games.

Indeed. I don't know how far back you're remembering but in 2004 the Sunday morning refs' fee round here was £22, ten years ago it was £30 and, as stated, a few years ago it rose to £35. All figures are inclusive of expenses. So the cost of the all so important match official has never been a major part of the cost of local amateur grassroots football. Leagues are charging less and less these days in recognition of the difficult times faced by clubs whose biggest expenditure (apart from after match drinks) is the ever-increasing costs charged by the pitch providers (council) for the ever-decreasing quality of service and pitch care provided.

Some of the pitches were terrible, Im talking the 90's. That said, we were all still ****ed from the night before to care :Highfive:

They were the days :Sad:

The list is getting exciting isn't it? Then I remember we are now non league, very sobering thought.

Did you watch the game?

The final?

Absolutely.

Hornchurch showed everything that was lacking from a Moseley team - guts, endeavour and an absolute desire to win the game.

Nash took his goal well but did little else (Inchy) - but who cares?

I loved the right back Parcell.

No idea how old he is but what a decent, gutsy player.

A thoroughly enjoyable game - not one that your mate Ollie would have enjoyed though.

It’s very thoughtful of the club to organise three friendlies in Kent for me to go and watch preseason.

Tell you what I wouldn't let those east end slags mug us off with a "West Ham XI" . Who do they think they are? In response I would put out a scratch Southend XI made up of various drug dealers, pirate radio djs, fly tippers, slumlords and trans nail technicians. Unbelievable arrogance.

Last edited:
Back