• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The only time I had a chance at an exec box was when Kenny arranged one, however I found out I had to wear trousers to go, and that put me off. Who dresses up to got to football ?

Is there still a dress code?

Must of had a different experience to mine. Went on a stag do and paid for an executive suite.

Food was OK, wasn't expecting anything great, and the view was decent as well. But the service, now that was dreadful. Rudeness of the staff was outrageous. The fact that we had to keep going back and forth to ask the waitress to restock our drinks fridge was another factor which wouldn't want me to go back. They knew it was a stag do, so much for paying for a 'personal waitress'.

And the one rule I never get, your not allowed to chant in the box? When everyone in that box is friends and family who support Southend, and everyone in the stands is chanting anyway :stunned:

Never again, not worth the money IMO. But hopefully others had a better experience.

Must of had a different experience to mine. Went on a stag do and paid for an executive suite.

Food was OK, wasn't expecting anything great, and the view was decent as well. But the service, now that was dreadful. Rudeness of the staff was outrageous. The fact that we had to keep going back and forth to ask the waitress to restock our drinks fridge was another factor which wouldn't want me to go back. They knew it was a stag do, so much for paying for a 'personal waitress'.

And the one rule I never get, your not allowed to chant in the box? When everyone in that box is friends and family who support Southend, and everyone in the stands is chanting anyway :stunned:

Never again, not worth the money IMO. But hopefully others had a better experience.

I went once with a group of Trappist Monks once and they all got thrown out for chanting................

Went there the season before last - mother decided she wanted to splash out - much better than I expected as other posters have said. She was very pleased to get her programme signed by Granty and O`Keefe - I was just concerned that I felt quite old as they both looked like little lads!

I've done The Blues Lounge experience a couple of times now and both times it has been excellent, great match day out and good value. Both times were hosted by David Crown who was also top notch.

I had a executive suite for the Port Vale game. It was the first time I have done it and a very enjoyable experience. Like McNasty I don't like the view from the East Stand, I much prefer sitting in the South Upper. On this occasion though it was a very enjoyable experience. Especially having a good chat with Neil Harris, Elliot Benyon and David Martin. Food was good and of course being able to drink a beer while the game was on was a nice experience for me. Also my first at Roots Hall. Would recommend a box to anyone. A very enjoyable and pleasant experience.

What was up with Dave Martin? Why wasn't he on the bench?

The only time I had a chance at an exec box was when Kenny arranged one, however I found out I had to wear trousers to go, and that put me off. Who dresses up to got to football ?

Is there still a dress code?

It is usually shorts or skirts that you wear at weekends?

Well done to the commercial/catering staff for improving their off field standards.

I remember hiring a box on the 28th December, 2003. We lost 1-0 at home to Oxford. The booze was all bottled and I can't remember having food. I believe we had to help ourselves but that wasn't a problem. I thought the view was fine from the East. The overall experience was pretty average and I seem to remember an awful tacky, 1970s looking carpet laid down along the corridor and in the box. The alcohol lessened the pain of the defeat that day but not the headache the following morning.

It sounds as though there is much more to write home about now. It's important we get this right to progress as a club. I am sure when Fossetts comes about that this will be a big focus of us as a club or at least in my opinion it's something we should advertise from the very beginning.

For those of you that haven't tried it, I would advise it. I have been fortunate enough to be invited to a number of these experiences. The best experience I had was at the new Wembley for a game of egg chasing. Rugby means little to me in comparison to the great game of football but I believe it was Saracens v Harlequins, which apparently is quite a significant fixture. The experience was absolutely phenomenal. We were looked after from start to finish. The waitress experience was superb and staff were extremely friendly.

Been to both relatively recent Southampton away games in hospitality.....excellent day out, great support, food and beverages...shame about the result(s)!!

Back