• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
I have, somehow, managed to remain relatively calm and reserved over the last few weeks, but tonight's events have left me spitting teeth with rage.

Even with a full strength side, you would expect it to be a tough match at Leeds, but to turn up at one of the strongest sides in the league with only 3 fit substitutes and an unfit Barney when you have a fully fit Richie Foran left behind is inexcusable.

I am still in doubt as to who the blame should lay with for our current predicament, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind Tilly was not putting the needs of the club first when he deemed it preferable to have an unfilled bench when Richie Foran is doing nothing to earn his reputed high wages. Why is he not on the bench? There can be NO reason whatsoever that we should go inot a match with such importance as this without our full quota of substitutes, especially when you consider how weak the starting eleven was - I'm sorry, but unforgiveable.

The injuries are piling up, and that is difficult to legislate for, but where are the replacements? Nowhere is the answer, and with more tough games coming up and now nly 6 points above the drop zone, how does anyone at the club think we are going to pull clear of trouble?

Yet again, the end of the window is approaching, and we are still yet to do any meaningful business and we are turning up at clubs like Leeds in a totally unprofessional state - Lee Barnard who was clearly not fit enough to be there having to be named as a sub as an emergency.

I am sorry to go on about it, but the decision not to have Foran involved tonight has completely incensed me, and there is no justification for his absence.

This club needs to sort itself out very quickly otherwise the outcome is now inevitable - we are not good enough to stay in this division.

I have, somehow, managed to remain relatively calm and reserved over the last few weeks, but tonight's events have left me spitting teeth with rage.

Even with a full strength side, you would expect it to be a tough match at Leeds, but to turn up at one of the strongest sides in the league with only 3 fit substitutes and an unfit Barney when you have a fully fit Richie Foran left behind is inexcusable.

I am still in doubt as to who the blame should lay with for our current predicament, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind Tilly was not putting the needs of the club first when he deemed it preferable to have an unfilled bench when Richie Foran is doing nothing to earn his reputed high wages. Why is he not on the bench? There can be NO reason whatsoever that we should go inot a match with such importance as this without our full quota of substitutes, especially when you consider how weak the starting eleven was - I'm sorry, but unforgiveable.

The injuries are piling up, and that is difficult to legislate for, but where are the replacements? Nowhere is the answer, and with more tough games coming up and now nly 6 points above the drop zone, how does anyone at the club think we are going to pull clear of trouble?

Yet again, the end of the window is approaching, and we are still yet to do any meaningful business and we are turning up at clubs like Leeds in a totally unprofessional state - Lee Barnard who was clearly not fit enough to be there having to be named as a sub as an emergency.

I am sorry to go on about it, but the decision not to have Foran involved tonight has completely incensed me, and there is no justification for his absence.

This club needs to sort itself out very quickly otherwise the outcome is now inevitable - we are not good enough to stay in this division.

Spot on mate, but lets watch you get bashed by the blind faith for your comments.

Green from me though

There clearly is a justification (otherwise he would have been on the bench) - we just don't know what it is.

Foran should be included because he has 2 legs that work. More than most of our current playing staff!

Spot on RC, like 'Cj' says though (like the rest of us calling for change) you'll get slagged off, red-rep and hit with comments like

"WHY DO YOU WANT STEVE WIGNALL BACK"

I think its in Tilly's contract that if he leaves, the club HAS to re-employ Steve Wignall - you would think so from how people keep bringing his name up.

Anyway, there is nobody else in the world ever to replace Tilly, so its a moot point - sorry RC.

Good Points made there.

To not name Foran on the bench is a poor decision.

Is really worrying to just see Christophe and Robinson coming in so far.

I just hope we act now before it is to late.

I just dont understand why we still play Foran in the reserves. He obviously cannot be motivated, so what effect does that have on the rest of the dressing room and younger players?

If he can play for the reserves, he can play for the 1st team.

Even if Foran wasnt named tonight, we still should have taken some kids up with us.

If we don't win at the weekend, one way or the other, I dont expect Tilson to still be the manager.

We don't know the full facts. Foran, by all accounts, was dire for the reserves the other week. Foran maybe carrying an injury, you ever thought about that?

Foran wouldn't have won us the game tonight. Why would he put any effort in when he knows he has no future at the Club.

There clearly is a justification (otherwise he would have been on the bench) - we just don't know what it is.

Sorry mate, absolutely on justification for not having a player, on high wages by our standards, when we cannot fill our full compliment of substitutes. That is not putting the needs of our club first.

I would have to agree with what is said too!

If Foran is unwanted & we won't play him, then we should make him an offer on the remainder of his contract & tell him to FRO. If not, play him & make the most of his undoubted talents!

Its good to see somebody have the balls to make comments like the above. That said, I want to know why the likes of Lokando, Lindie or Henry weren't given the trip north!

Sorry mate, absolutely on justification for not having a player, on high wages by our standards, when we cannot fill our full compliment of substitutes. That is not putting the needs of our club first.

Certainly not its a personal thing, ie Roeder and Di Canio a few years back!

Roeder got wet spam relegated (great) cos of personal pride and the same could happen here.

Looks as wise as giving Barrett a 27 year long contract! :D

Sorry, cannot help myself :(

Its all about building for the future though. Tilson has done it before, and will do it again for us. We have until Monday at 5pm to sign players and the whole Club is working day and night to improve the situation. Trust me.

Spot on RC, as ever.

Even if Tilly is that desperate to not name Foran in the 16 (And i honestly see no reason not to include him, whatever has happened in the past), why not fill the bench with a couple of youth team players?! Would have been a great experience for a couple of up and coming 16/17 year olds to be named on the bench against a club like Leeds at a ground like Elland Road.

It would give the players in question a little bit of extra desire to improve and try and get in the first team squad in the future, and surely naming a couple of the youth team would be better than having just 4 subs (One of who was injured FFS!).

Spot on RC, as ever.

Even if Tilly is that desperate to not name Foran in the 16 (And i honestly see no reason not to include him, whatever has happened in the past), why not fill the bench with a couple of youth team players?! Would have been a great experience for a couple of up and coming 16/17 year olds to be named on the bench against a club like Leeds at a ground like Elland Road.

It would give the players in question a little bit of extra desire to improve and try and get in the first team squad in the future, and surely naming a couple of the youth team would be better than having just 4 subs (One of who was injured FFS!).

Somebody mentioned yesterday that most of the youth team players aren't registered to play in the League.

All fair points RC. I agree with you on the one hand.

On the other hand, though, would it be conducive to have him in the squad? Could put him in the squad just to make up the numbers, but don't see the point if he won't get on the pitch.

My worry with having Foran in the squad would be his state of mind at the club presently. Whether he deserves his fate or not, his morale is likely to be about as rock-bottom as you can get at the moment. He trains with the youthies much of the time, he's been frozen out, most likely has very few friends at the club, is probably unsettled. I could go on. Putting the obvious issue to the side, is it not possible that a sulking Foran who probably can't be arsed to try his best for the team, just like he can't for the reserves, could drag an already low team morale down further? Will he be a disruptive influence in the dressing room and on the pitch, where the side needs to be as stable and fully-functioning as possible?

Yes, he needs to justify wages by playing and yes, a firing-on-all-cylinders Foran would be some sort of improvement on what we're putting out at the moment, but there are other factors besides those two that, for me, mean that having half-full bench is better than having him on it.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just putting forward another approach to the issue.

Back