• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jimmyshrimp

Manager
Just seen this:
CRYSTAL Palace boss George Burley is set to wrap up his second transfer of the summer tomorrow - with the capture of former Southend United defender Adam Barrett.
The South London Press understands that the 30-year-old centre-back has agreed terms on a move to Selhurst Park and a deal should be completed before the weekend.

Wow

As I've mentioned in another post, good luck to Barrett, I wish him well.

He was out of his depth in the Championship with us though. Think he may well struggle.

I hope he gets a nice wooly hat to keep him warm on the bench.

He could do well there. Not a massive uproot in terms of geography, and part of a rebuilding process there. I hope he does well.

Barrett to Palace

Adam Barrett will sign for Crystal Palace imminently...getting more details now...

Good move for him and glad he has found a decent club, even if they are as skint as well :)

I understand he has agreed terms with George Burley's side and will sign tomorrow for the Championship side.
More follows...

I will be surprised if he holds a first team place. During our playoff season and championship winning year he was outstanding but always thought the champonship was a step too far and since dropping back has not looked massively safe at the back. No coincidence that our best run of defending came with Dervitte arriving and Barrett moving from the centre. Who knows this seaso whether his poor form has been money related or just football? Has been a terrific servant to the club and would have done a job in league 2 but on the downward curve now so surprised to hear this move. Good luck to him - seemed to play with heart which has been well appreciated.

Back