• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Errr, no we don't, it is totally seperate, and in fact, should we try to then it would be illegal.

You'd better check your clubs website mate, it shows the history of the club including it's inception up to the demise in 1992 and thenit's rise from the ashes under the Aldershot Town FC. I'd say Aldershot Town FC has more validity to its past than AFC Wimbledon.

You'd better check your clubs website mate, it shows the history of the club including it's inception up to the demise in 1992 and thenit's rise from the ashes under the Aldershot Town FC. I'd say Aldershot Town FC has more validity to its past than AFC Wimbledon.

I don't deny that the history from the old club is there, obviously fans from then are fans now, it is purely an interest thing. However, the two clubs are entirely seperate entities. Not sure about the Wimbledon thing, it's a lot more complicated than our history, in our case one club went bust and died and another was formed. There is far more to AFCs history and formation than I would care to delve into.

And to the poster who mentioned the 10-1. I know, I was there :'(

I don't deny that the history from the old club is there, obviously fans from then are fans now, it is purely an interest thing. However, the two clubs are entirely seperate entities. Not sure about the Wimbledon thing, it's a lot more complicated than our history, in our case one club went bust and died and another was formed. There is far more to AFCs history and formation than I would care to delve into.

And to the poster who mentioned the 10-1. I know, I was there :'(

Confused ... to my mind you can either claim Aldershots history as your own (1-10 and all) or start again and be a club with limited league history

I did applaud you for your endeavours in the Shots return but the attitude of some of your fans these past couple of days has definately rocked that

Confused ... to my mind you can either claim Aldershots history as your own (1-10 and all) or start again and be a club with limited league history

I did applaud you for your endeavours in the Shots return but the attitude of some of your fans these past couple of days has definately rocked that

We don't claim the history for our own, but many of the supporters of the club clearly supported the old club to and will be forever linked. We are not allowed Legally to claim the old history and that would effectively make us the old club again and then it would get messy...

As for the attitude of some of our supporters, tell me about it. We have some proper bell-ends on our board as you may have noticed but the majority are alright and fair minded. I think what hasd wound them up is the suggestion that there may have been underhand dealings going on regarding the lights going out and the antics of one or two your players at the end.

I think what has wound them up is the suggestion that there may have been underhand dealings going on regarding the lights going out and the antics of one or two your players at the end.

Trying to be even handed here .. point one - without digging it all up again (bored.com) you were one down with ten men, why would you rush to get the lights back on .. point two - we've been on a right bad run (after an exceptional one) so i presume our players were as frustrated as the fans at the call off

We don't claim the history for our own, but many of the supporters of the club clearly supported the old club to and will be forever linked. We are not allowed Legally to claim the old history and that would effectively make us the old club again and then it would get messy...

As for the attitude of some of our supporters, tell me about it. We have some proper bell-ends on our board as you may have noticed but the majority are alright and fair minded. I think what hasd wound them up is the suggestion that there may have been underhand dealings going on regarding the lights going out and the antics of one or two your players at the end.

Shots Steve - supporters like you are what football should be about - supporting your local team - enjoying the company of other lower league supporters and having decent banter.

Without the likes of our respective clubs and the other lower league clubs, the footballing world would be a far poorer place.

Not sure where some of your supporters get the idea that we believe we have an automatic right to be in the Championship as I think that's harsh - most of the Southend supporters on this site are just relieved that our club has not gone bust as it so nearly did last season and are just enjoying the relative success of being near the top of our Division whilst it lasts - don't deny us that right.

The floodlights issue has left a bad taste in many supporters mouths, and I am sure that if the roles had been reversed then your supporters would feel the same levels of frustration and suspicion as we do - especially when leading against a team reduced to 10 men.

As for the behaviour of some of our players, well unfortunately I can't attend matches now due to working overseas so can't comment with any degree of validity, but a point to consider is that on your own fans web site, your own supporters admit to throwing coins at the Southend players which is unacceptable, however, I agree that reacting to it is equally unacceptable.

Let's hope that the rearranged match goes ahead without controversy and that the referee is not the same one from Boxing Day.

Good luck for the rest of the season as the way in which your supporters rebuilt the name of Aldershot is something to be very proud of.

Cheers Barrys Boss. All I am here for is a bit a of banter and occasional intelligent conversation too. I fully understand the issue of the floodlights, I really do and if we were in a reverse positon I'm sure I'd be fed up with it too.

It's the issue of the coin throwing I'm concerned with. Can you provide a link to who has admitted it? We have had a bit of history with this sort of thing and it's cost us dear. If one of the perpetrators can be identified and dealt with it would give immense satisfaction.

As for the re-arranged game, I too hope it is a calm affair, and I think it would be prudent to give a it couple of weeks before it's played as tempers seemed to be getting frayed. As to the ref., I believe Mr. Ward has to ref. it again as per FL regulations, except for extenuating circumstances such as injury. I hope he breaks his bloody neck!

Cheers Barrys Boss. All I am here for is a bit a of banter and occasional intelligent conversation too. I fully understand the issue of the floodlights, I really do and if we were in a reverse positon I'm sure I'd be fed up with it too.

It's the issue of the coin throwing I'm concerned with. Can you provide a link to who has admitted it? We have had a bit of history with this sort of thing and it's cost us dear. If one of the perpetrators can be identified and dealt with it would give immense satisfaction.

As for the re-arranged game, I too hope it is a calm affair, and I think it would be prudent to give a it couple of weeks before it's played as tempers seemed to be getting frayed. As to the ref., I believe Mr. Ward has to ref. it again as per FL regulations, except for extenuating circumstances such as injury. I hope he breaks his bloody neck!

Steve - the comment re coins was posted by 'lowerbourneshot' on www.shotsweb.co.uk on Tuesday 27th - good luck if you can find the idiot

Back