• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alex

Members
Right I have read some of your comments on here about Matt Harrold and your a ****ing joke. From the timing of your posts its clear you didnt go today so how do you know he played crap. He didnt play crap. The rest of the team did. Only Hunt and Harrold put any real effort in.

I went today and although he didnt have the greatest of games he played ok. Stikers will be judged on goals scored and he isnt getting that many, thats because a) he is at times unlucky and b) he isnt given the chances. Today he worked hard yet again but the midfield and his strike partner were very poor. He isnt Freddy Eastwood thats going to create his own chances, he is a team player. We lacked width and we didnt once get down the wing and cross a ball in the box in the 2nd half. Also the team couldnt manage to play a decent through ball.

Harrold missed a penalty today, so what. He did what he needed to do and get it on target. Once its on target you have a 50-50 chance of the keeper going the right way, than you about a 50-50 chance of the keeper saving it. Yes he missed a penalty against Rochdale but he also scored one at Blackpool and another against Rochdale and he also scored a couple in pre -season. Players miss penalties and in recent years we have been spoilt by the amount of penalties we have scored. Some of the great penalty takers in history have missed, Alan Shearer, what a great penalty take he was but he missed now and again.

People fail to see the build up play he helps in. For instance today he ran to the ball on the left wing, with his back to goal and with a nice touch and turn sold the defender and switched the ball to the on rushing Lewis Hunt on the right wing. Also he came to the ball with his back to goal, controlled the ball on his chest and overheaded it to another Southend Player in box.

Many Southend fans at Luton today were a ****ing bunch of tossers. Every time Harrold got the ball in the 1st half they booed him. For **** sake he is a Southend player, support and encourage him. Then the in the second half when he got the ball he was sarcastically cheered.

Just image the pressure he is under every time he plays when our fans are turning against him. If this keeps happening his confidence will completely dissappear and he will be a ruined man. He doesnt deserve it. Get behind him, encourage and he will start finding the back of the net.

Right I have read some of your comments on here about Matt Harrold and your a ****ing joke. From the timing of your posts its clear you didnt go today so how do you know he played crap. He didnt play crap. The rest of the team did. Only Hunt and Harrold put any real effort in.

I went today and although he didnt have the greatest of games he played ok. Stikers will be judged on goals scored and he isnt getting that many, thats because a) he is at times unlucky and b) he isnt given the chances. Today he worked hard yet again but the midfield and his strike partner were very poor. He isnt Freddy Eastwood thats going to create his own chances, he is a team player. We lacked width and we didnt once get down the wing and cross a ball in the box in the 2nd half. Also the team couldnt manage to play a decent through ball.

Harrold missed a penalty today, so what. He did what he needed to do and get it on target. Once its on target you have a 50-50 chance of the keeper going the right way, than you about a 50-50 chance of the keeper saving it. Yes he missed a penalty against Rochdale but he also scored one at Blackpool and another against Rochdale and he also scored a couple in pre -season. Players miss penalties and in recent years we have been spoilt by the amount of penalties we have scored. Some of the great penalty takers in history have missed, Alan Shearer, what a great penalty take he was but he missed now and again.

People fail to see the build up play he helps in. For instance today he ran to the ball on the left wing, with his back to goal and with a nice touch and turn sold the defender and switched the ball to the on rushing Lewis Hunt on the right wing. Also he came to the ball with his back to goal, controlled the ball on his chest and overheaded it to another Southend Player in box.

Many Southend fans at Luton today were a ****ing bunch of tossers. Every time Harrold got the ball in the 1st half they booed him. For **** sake he is a Southend player, support and encourage him. Then the in the second half when he got the ball he was sarcastically cheered.

Just image the pressure he is under every time he plays when our fans are turning against him. If this keeps happening his confidence will completely dissappear and he will be a ruined man. He doesnt deserve it. Get behind him, encourage and he will start finding the back of the net.

I went and he was as crap as usual, Tilson is most at fault because he keeps picking him!

I would never condone booing of any individual player on the pitch, the place to criticise is in the pub after the game or on here so feel free to air your views - good or bad. That is what we, as a company, pay a large sum of money for, so fire away.
Does that make me a ****ing joke?

Nice vitriolics alex, but contrary to your claims, harold, along with a number of other players, was dog **** today. The team has a reasonable defence. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. Midfield is over subscribed with above average (for this division) players but the attack is like a gummy granny. The managers appear to be devoid of vision once the whistle has blown and it is'nt any wonder that fans get p1ssed off. So step down from your pedastal and smell the roses.

I can understand your frustration at the Harrold abuse and I think some of the brickbats Harrold has been taking from the stands has been over the top, however I do not see how two pieces of decent play which you highlighted can constitute a good game by Matt. The penalty was terrible, it was hit with very little power and not even towards one of the corners. You have to hit penalties better than that to stand much of a chance of scoring. For the rest of the game he tried his heart out but looked about as dangerous as smoked kipper. Full marks for effort, but he did not play well at all. :p

It's all well and good saying that Matt Harrold is no Freddy Eastwood, but Matt Harrold is not even a Drewe Broughton. At least Drewe scored some goals in the league, a feat which seems to be beyond Harrold this season.

Not many seemed to support me when I attempted to 'encourage' some of the supposed fans behind me singing anti-Harrold songs.

The lad has some quality touches and did actually win the majority of headers today, but the movement was so abject from Hooper that nothing would have worked.

I honestly can't see the point in keeping Charlie Mac if Tilly refuses to give him game time.

noone faulting his effort and booing him is unnecessary but the fact is he is not good enough to be starting pretty much every game.

Support your team for f***s sake,if you want to support a team that wins every week go and follow the gooners/Man U etc.Lets face facts we are an average league 1 team so come on support the team through thick and thin and stop slagging the off.
See you all at Oxford next week,good night.

I'll say what I said in countless other threads... If we wanted a forward with limited ability that puts in all the effort we never would've got rid of Drewe Broughton...

Harrold is a poor footballer at this level and terrible at a Championship level, which is ultimately what we should be aiming for in time with Fosset's Farm.

Support your team for f***s sake,if you want to support a team that wins every week go and follow the gooners/Man U etc.Lets face facts we are an average league 1 team so come on support the team through thick and thin and stop slagging the off.
See you all at Oxford next week,good night.

Oh right,
So your happy that we are now an 'average league 1 team' are you?
I for one, dont want to let go of the dream! This team that we ALL SUPPORT, was on the edge of the most exciting period to date. So no, i wont accept mediocrity any more, i want to see success. Criticism on a bl00dy website is not deriliction of duty! Its a damn sight more valid than blind following!

I cannot understand why people weren't abusing him today? Or were they? Please someone cheer me up and say they were... pretty please

Hmmm, well after reading that we had no shots on target and had a pen saved, I came on here ready to actualy join the side of people who are against Harrold, but after reading this I think I will sit on the fence again.

Really am not sure about Harrold still. But I really think Tilson should be thinking of giving someone else a go in the first team, I hear Mcdonald is injured, why did we let Foran go!

Hmmm, well after reading that we had no shots on target and had a pen saved, I came on here ready to actualy join the side of people who are against Harrold, but after reading this I think I will sit on the fence again.

Really am not sure about Harrold still. But I really think Tilson should be thinking of giving someone else a go in the first team, I hear Mcdonald is injured, why did we let Foran go!

Because we let Foran go over a week ago and MacDonald picked up his injury this week... ;)

Just image the pressure he is under every time he plays when our fans are turning against him. If this keeps happening his confidence will completely dissappear and he will be a ruined man. He doesnt deserve it.

GOOD IDEA!! You are the saviour alex... i will be doing this saturday, if i knew it was going to make him a ruined man, i would of encouraged it much sooner

to be honest matt harrold is useless and yes i did get on his back today and for good reason you can have your opinions but you must one of the minority i have given him too many chances and although he gives his best he is cack my nan could do better so tilly should drop him as i personally think we currently have 4 better strikers in our squad in Hooper,Macdonald,Clarke,Morgan and ive only seen morgan in one game.
I totally understand your point but i cant see how you can still be favouring Harrold.

hes s**t wake up people who think he is good hes s**t get him out hes have loads of time and hes done nothing !

One of the biggest reasons for my post is because some had starting abusing Harrold about todays game on the forum during the 1st half of which unless they had a blackberry and were logged on to shrimperzone it was quite evident that they were not watching the game. So if they are not watching the game how can they give an honest opinion to whether he was playing crap or not. Personally I dont think Harrold should be in the starting 11 every week, but when he does play I get behind him becuase he has the Southend shirt on. Although he is not the greatest of players he tries and if a player tries their best but its not paying off they dont deserve the personal abuse at him. Point it at Tilson for picking him. What I cant stand are the lazy players that cant give a **** like Barrington Belgrave a few times.

If Matt Harrold is playing poorly consistently but not for lack of effort, your objections clearly lie with the person persistently selecting him.

Anyone watching Soccer Saturday, incidentally, will have noticed the implication from the Duke of Stellington that we're on a slide. Our goals against is actually a joke.

One of the biggest reasons for my post is because some had starting abusing Harrold about todays game on the forum during the 1st half of which unless they had a blackberry and were logged on to shrimperzone it was quite evident that they were not watching the game. So if they are not watching the game how can they give an honest opinion to whether he was playing crap or not. Personally I dont think Harrold should be in the starting 11 every week, but when he does play I get behind him becuase he has the Southend shirt on. Although he is not the greatest of players he tries and if a player tries their best but its not paying off they dont deserve the personal abuse at him. Point it at Tilson for picking him. What I cant stand are the lazy players that cant give a **** like Barrington Belgrave a few times.

You do talk nonsense...

I abused Harrold? No i commented on the fact he is ****e.. during the game. I have seen more than enough of Harrold in the last 15 months to tell you his ****e, i didn't need to be there today...

Back