• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Found this on one of my favourite blogs - Old Holborn

I believe that one of the key factors in the “hell in a handcart” decline of the UK is the absence of a justice system that punishes a criminal. There are too many instances to mention and I don’t see any real chance of anything changing. Decent law abiding citizens will continue to be raped, mugged, stabbed, beaten, set fire to and burgled by an ever growing underclass of amoral thugs until they have everything they want. The Police are not interested in stopping it, the Gummint are not interested in stopping it, large swathes of pen pushing Righteous are not interested in stopping it.

I am interested in stopping it.

So I want to start a campaign that will simply scare the ****ing ***** out of all of the above. This is your cut out and keep guide to protecting you, your loved ones and your hard earned property. It will cost you some money and it may cause you a little concern, but I believe it would work.

Step ONE.

Buy a gun safe. Basically a metal cabinet that is lockable and bolted to the floor. £100.

Step TWO

Apply for a shotgun licence. You will need to do this online via your local Police Force. You will need to find one person to sign your form who knows you and some photos.

Step THREE

A man will come to your house and check your application, look at your gunsafe to make sure it is secure.

Step FOUR

Buy a shotgun and some ammunition, put it in your gunsafe. (£250)

Step FIVE

Put this in your front window.

banner+2.jpg

If MILLIONS of us were armed with a simple shotgun, burglary would plummet over night. Feral thugs would have to risk their very existences every time they decide to kick someone to death for objecting to them ****ing up their car. The 646 shaved baboons in Gummint would think twice about treating the common man with such utter contempt. We would, in effect, become empowered.

A shotgun in YOUR house will give you back some of the power that the State has taken away from you. You need never load it or fire it. Just owning one will send a very loud message to ALL the ***** out there who want to **** with you that you will not take it lightly anymore. You have a means of defence. You can and will defend you and yours with lethal force if required. It will also tell the Police that you have had enough of staring down the barrels of criminals guns and are now happy for criminals to stare down YOUR legally held barrels for a change.

My first thought was that the guy's slightly mental. But maybe he's got a point.....

Mental....

...just ask the parents in Dunblane who are celebrating Xmas without their kids.

This statement however, is far more interesting "Decent law abiding citizens will continue to be raped, mugged, stabbed, beaten, set fire to and burgled by an ever growing underclass of amoral thugs until they have everything they want. "

How many law abiding citizens does the above happen to. Surely the press would be reporting all incidents of any of that happening. How many rapes, muggings, stabbings, beatings and people being set to fire have the Echo reported over, lets says, the last 10 years?

Now, I don't know the answer (though I am sad enough to find out at somepoint) but I suggest it is a lot less than you think. In some cases possibly zero (I don't remember anyone being set fire to).

mental

lets please not try and be any more American..it dont work for them does it?

It's overly simplistic of course, but no more overly simplistic than a lot of other things. I'm not sure that 'Come on then' sends entirely the right message, mind...

I don't think that would help much. I'd hazard a guess that a large % of robbers do it because of some kind of addiction, they need money. They'll go somewhere else, but if everyone has them then they'll probably carry on doing the only thing they know.

Poor idea Rusty, not my favourite.

Not really with the idea of keeping a gun , but am in favour of a rule which states that you are allowed to protect your property by any means , if some loon wants to burgle your house or something of the like then they should know as a way of law that if challenge the owner of the house will not think twice about stabbing them .

I don't think i could possibly do it myself but would not think twice about wrapping my baseball bat round an intruders head a few times , reckon that might do the job .

As an example my pal got burgled 2 weeks ago and the intruders went straight for the knife drawer in his house as when he got home there was his knife on the bed . know if they are willing to do that then it must be ok for the owner to arm themselves .

And why we are on the subject he was telling me that there is an unsually high number of break ins this year in the benfleet rayleigh area and my pal had a Polish girl knock on his door 3 days before it happened , she was selling art and he said it just didn't make sense why she was selling at his house in a nice little cul-de-sac , my missus was in a few sundays ago and phoned me after a women knocked selling the same story that she was broke and was seling some art .

When told she was not interested the women got slightly aggresive and spooked my missus a bit and was taking interest in our home and since hearing my mates story we are keeping extra vigilante .

Just thought i'd share that with you incase you have the same caller at the door .

I don't think that would help much. I'd hazard a guess that a large % of robbers do it because of some kind of addiction, they need money. They'll go somewhere else, but if everyone has them then they'll probably carry on doing the only thing they know.

Poor idea Rusty, not my favourite.

We all need money and most of us work for it. I wonder if they would carry on doing it with a side by side up their nostril. Having had a fire arm stuck in my ear, I can assure you all that what said fire arm holder was requesting was what he got in double quick time (3000 cz kroner in my case) I would suggest asking some scumbag to leave your property under the threat of getting both barells between the eyes would have pretty much the same affect. And anyway, think of the power rush and saying 'Do you feel lucky punk!! Well do you?

Wonderful!

Back