• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anybody else looking FORWARD to the new season?

Having read many of the threads on this board over the close season you would think the fans seemed consigned to the fact and would even quite enjoy facing some sort of armeggedon both on and off the pitch,and would love it if we got relegated at best or wound up and go out of business at worst.

Is there really nobody out there like me that is looking forward to the new season? Who really cant wait for the first game to have a chance to cheer on the lads, watch our local team do battle with teams that were until recently in the premiership, hope for another great cup run, or even just revel in the fact that this is a great little club that we are so lucky to have close to home.
A team we can can go and support without resort to a second mortgage, with players whose names we can pronounce,with a manager who has achieved so much and a Chairman who I believe really is trying to do his best for the club.
So no more rubbish peeps,no more idle rumoour,no more defeatism,turn up on Saturday and sing your hearts out for YOUR local football team.
I shall be tapping my feet loudly from the confines of the East Reds.
UP THE Blues

I can't wait. I'm moving to Dublin in the next few weeks so won't be able to get to as many games as usual this year so I really want to enjoy the matches that I can get to, starting with Saturday.

I can't wait for the new season to begin. I've been looking forward to it since the last one ended.

I've had my fill of Confederations Cup, Under 21's Euro's and pre-seasons and I just want to get stuck into the main course of League One football. I'm looking forward to my whole weekend revolling around football, both Southend and my Sunday side. I miss the rountine that comes with football, be it at Roots Hall, gearing up for an away day, or settling in front of the box with Jeff Stelling and friends.

Roll on Saturday 3pm...

Absalutely, really cant wait for Saturday, been counting down the dates now for a while, cant wait for 3pm Sat afternoon. Many Southend Supporters have said it before this week, I have said a couple of times these last few weeks, and Revell said it in "Revelling it in" this week, and that is "Support without exception!" Lets all create an amazing atmosphere for our first game of the new season, and kick start it with three points!
UTB!

Absolutely.

I doubt - and hope - it will be anywhere near as bad as some people think.

Three away games in a week...the white van on the road again...oh yes yes yes. Just hope we can get this Mvoto (deal) working too! COYB!!!!!!!

I have stated many times, I hate the off season, if I had my way the seasons would be continuous, my son and I just mope about on saturdays wishing we were at football, its just something I have done all my life and will always do, I f***ing love it

Can't wait for Saturday and the rest of the season, should be a very good and tough league this season.

It won't always be pretty and there will be refereeing moments that leave us outraged but when you don't have it, you miss it.

East Reds, nice place to be.

I'm looking forward to all these "big" clubs taking us for granted once again and Tilly's bargain basements and loanees showing that a small club can once again do well home and away.

Be nice to have a good spell up to X-mas for a change though.

I dont think that there is anything better than the first game of the season, everybody is on 0 points (except Southampton, of course), and for the only moment in time we're as good as the Leeds, Charltons and Norwich's of the league. There's the how long into the season can we go without conceeding a goal ? When will we get our first goal ? Will we have at least a point by the end of the first game or will it take us 3 or 4 games to get a point..... All of these things really excite me. Roll on Saturday and the new season.....

I always look forward to a new season, of course I have varying degree's of optimism with the start of each different season but we have to remember supporting Southend United isnt always about results, if that was the case then I say go and support Man Utd or Chelsea. I have learnt after over 30 years coming to Roots Hall there is a lot more enjoyment to be had whatever the result. Its about meeting friends, having a few pints before a match, meet and chat to opposing fans, enjoy some banter, have days out and if we win great and if we lose, well as long as we did it fighting then I can look forward to next week

I do know I would be miserable as sin sat at home every other saturday (or friday now) if i didnt have football to go to

As the club slogan goes, "Its more than just football" and that is so true

Of course. It's been too long since I was at Roots Hall and when I take my seat at 2:59:59 on Saturday afternoon I will be absolutely buzzing. Bring. It. On.

Despite my moaning and complete feelings of apathay towards our current transfer policy I cannot wait for the new season.

The only downside is it means seeing Ldn Fasto on a regular basis but everything has a price.

Bring. It. ON! Me & Mrs MK (convert to the cause) shall be in TBV area at 3pm waiting for Barney & Laurent to make Clarke (P) look like a fool.

Well i am looking forward to waking up Saturday morning knowing that the whole day will be planned around the football from getting ready in the morning to the evnigs entertainment with a nice meal in between, oh and a football match.

Nothing beat having a nice drinks with friends in the warm weather, watch Southend win and to celebrate our win, I go out with my females friends for good nightout :))

3pm on Saturday. What a thought.

Not only can I not wait for that glorious time to appear, neither can the people i work with. I come in each morning and announce how many days to go until the start of the season. My office is mainly full of women who just dont understand the passion, the heartache and the love of football and especially supporting Southend United- The Mighty Blues.

Saturday is going to feel like abirthday used to fell when I was 10. Its a day to savour and long for. THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON!!!

My regards to all you fellow loyal supporters.

Sing loud and sing proud--SUFC forever!!

Shane

Back