• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Apology from "The REAL Southend United Fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarly about the flags, that was meant to be tongue in cheek from a certain member of our group as we were joking with the Blue Voice Facebook group at the time. This hasnt been seen as a joke by the majority and so i can only appologise, and it has been deleted.

how long would it have been "tounge in cheek" before it was found out ?

Bottom line is we have all done silly things me more then most you lads have said some silly things you have been talked to we move on.

thank you and goodnight

much love

terry.jpg

I myself have received a personal apology from one of the lads and they have removed the comment regarding the burning of tbv flags.

Let's draw a line under this and move on.

Why is everybody being so aggressive? These guys have taken the time to come on here and make a sincere apology. Everybody makes mistakes so let's forgive and forget!

Because they need to be made aware that it isn't just "ok" because they apologised, especially at the end of the week we've just had.

Last time I looked (about 30 mins ago) the group was still open... if they're that sincere they can close it and then their apology may mean something.

We appologised for the distasteful things mentioned on the group and they have been removed, therefore anything left is just personal opinion. The group is now personal and can only be seen by its members, so if you dont like what we say then please dont join. We've all had a **** week with regards to the football club, and a lot of the **** has been taken out on us tonight (some of it deserved, some not). We've been men enough to appologise for the bad things, and have taken on the chin a lot of abuse we didnt deserve. My appologies have been entirely sincere, but im afraid you cant stop me or anyone from voicing their opinions.
I hope everyone else can let this drop and we can all go back to getting behind the Blues in our different ways.
All the best

We appologised for the distasteful things mentioned on the group and they have been removed, therefore anything left is just personal opinion. The group is now personal and can only be seen by its members, so if you dont like what we say then please dont join. We've all had a **** week with regards to the football club, and a lot of the **** has been taken out on us tonight (some of it deserved, some not). We've been men enough to appologise for the bad things, and have taken on the chin a lot of abuse we didnt deserve. My appologies have been entirely sincere, but im afraid you cant stop me or anyone from voicing their opinions.
I hope everyone else can let this drop and we can all go back to getting behind the Blues in our different ways.
All the best

Respect to you for the apology and candid comments.

But i have to say.....the comments, "We have all had a **** week".....Mate?

I have had a sh*t 30 years supporting the Blues with a few high points.....but even if it had been a sh*t 30 years with no high points i would still try my best to be positive and back the team that i love so dearly. I even got a big old tattoo of the Clubs badge on my left arm when i moved to Scotland so they would always be with me.

And as every poster knows on this forum, i am a very reserved and level headed poster who takes time to think through his posts instead of shooting from the hip.

If a sh*t week in the life of a Blues Supporter gets to you that much and prompts you to question so much then i worry about your long term commitment to the club. We have to be thick skinned and realise that Southend United are never going to set the Footballing World alight but if we are all honest, that is partly the reason we love them so much.

If a sh*t week in the life of a Blues Supporter gets to you that much and prompts you to question so much then i worry about your long term commitment to the club. We have to be thick skinned and realise that Southend United are never going to set the Footballing World alight but if we are all honest, that is partly the reason we love them so much.

Agreed. It has been a tough while since the Brighton defeat - but I for one when we are down and finding the going tough, feel even more compelled to do my bit (as difficult as it is all the way over here) to get behind the blues. I also feel a lot more together with the bulk of people on here - sticking together through adversity and all that.

Tough week yes, but if we all get behind the lads and sing from the same hymn sheet, we can make the difference.

Can we all remember that we should never put anything on the internet that we would prefer others didn't see. SZ prides itself on the many members of it's detective agency who spend hours surfing to find any snippets about SUFC and it's surprising some of the bits that are found.

Agreed. It has been a tough while since the Brighton defeat - but I for one when we are down and finding the going tough, feel even more compelled to do my bit (as difficult as it is all the way over here) to get behind the blues. I also feel a lot more together with the bulk of people on here - sticking together through adversity and all that.

Tough week yes, but if we all get behind the lads and sing from the same hymn sheet, we can make the difference.

Spot on...

whether people slate or boo the team as a laugh it shouldnt be done at all,people should support thru the good & bad times as how can the team play well with stupid idiots chanting a previous players name...these people should be kicked out of the ground & never return...

Why is everybody being so aggressive? These guys have taken the time to come on here and make a sincere apology. Everybody makes mistakes so let's forgive and forget!

Whilst coming on here and apologising is admirable i feel for the amount of stress and unease it has caused i think these guys SHOULD be made to pay...

by reporting to Smiffy every home game and offering their help with the Blue Voice or any matters Smiffy feels he needs help with ie handing out flags or banging drums etc.
They could even offer to position themselves around Roots Hall in an effort to create a good atmosphere....one that HELPS our team.

So come on then the REAL supporters,how about it then.....

Whilst coming on here and apologising is admirable i feel for the amount of stress and unease it has caused i think these guys SHOULD be made to pay...

by reporting to Smiffy every home game and offering their help with the Blue Voice or any matters Smiffy feels he needs help with ie handing out flags or banging drums etc.
They could even offer to position themselves around Roots Hall in an effort to create a good atmosphere....one that HELPS our team.

So come on then the REAL supporters,how about it then.....

Excellent call my friend.

whether people slate or boo the team as a laugh it shouldnt be done at all,people should support thru the good & bad times as how can the team play well with stupid idiots chanting a previous players name...these people should be kicked out of the ground & never return...

i go along with that whole heartedly

Do you people even know what we're supposed to have done wrong? Because i really don't anymore. I appreciate GlasgowShrimper was offended with what was quoted on our group but thats been rectified....similarly the comment about the blue voice has been rectified. But booing the players??? Some of us weren't even at the game on Tuesday! This is rediculous! I for one, have never started a negative chant at Roots Hall nor anywhere else, and the only negative chant i can remember was Jobson Out! That said, if i want to boo the players that go out after losing games and get smashed then il do that all i want thank you! And if you dont agree with booing players then thats your opinion and you dont hear or see me berating you guys for it. Not one of us from that group was involved in the singling out of Mildenhall on Tuesday night, nor the comments about Ron Martin! So i really fail to understand whats going on now?

As for helping out the Blue Voice....I've spoken to Lee Smith about this whole incident and he's accepted my appology for what was said about his group. The only way there will be a positive atmopshere at Roots Hall is if the team starts winning again and this witch hunt turns into a conversation about how good Tilson's loan signings have been.

Last edited:
fair play for the apology lads, i think it's Rich (GlasgowSUFC) who you should be apologising to

As I understand it, the guys in question in THIS Facebook group are NOT the 2 "characters" who I know were responsible for certain elements of unpleasantness with regards to offensive chanting both against myself and Aberdeen Shrimper up at Carlisle towards the end of last season. I have to admit I was somewhat in shock when I was told what had been happening at half-time and upon telling another well-respected member of this board, was advised to leave things well alone as it was mainly fuelled by alcohol and other certain substances. Events of that day have been investigated since then and although I'm not prepared to offer any kind of olive branch to the people in question, I am willing to undertake a "I'll ignore them, if they ignore me" policy, both on SZ and at any actual games.

I've not really partaken in any of the "we're a club in crisis threads" since Tuesday night other than to show my support to the sterling work done by Lee, John & certain others in respect of The Blue Voice. In fact, whenever things are far from rosy in the Garden of SUFC, this place is not as wonderful a place as it once was to waste time and this partly explains my absence from posting as rabidly as I once used to on here. There seems like there is a new dominant order trying to impose their thoughts and views on this board and although, everybody is allowed to think whatever the hell they like, I've just grown too tired with revisiting the same old recurring arguments and debates. This does not mean to say my love of Southend United Football Club has lessened at all and my commitment to the team is certainly not in doubt.

I fully expect people to query my last couple of statements and enquire why I'm more than likely not bothering to go to Carlisle tomorrow. All I am willing to say in the public realm is that there are several reasons, all of relatively large importance which mean that my absence is unfortunately more than likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back