• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Apology from "The REAL Southend United Fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you people even know what we're supposed to have done wrong? Because i really don't anymore. I appreciate GlasgowShrimper was offended with what was quoted on our group but thats been rectified....similarly the comment about the blue voice has been rectified. But booing the players??? Some of us weren't even at the game on Tuesday! This is rediculous! I for one, have never started a negative chant at Roots Hall nor anywhere else, and the only negative chant i can remember was Jobson Out! That said, if i want to boo the players that go out after losing games and get smashed then il do that all i want thank you! And if you dont agree with booing players then thats your opinion and you dont hear or see me berating you guys for it. Not one of us from that group was involved in the singling out of Mildenhall on Tuesday night, nor the comments about Ron Martin! So i really fail to understand whats going on now?

As for helping out the Blue Voice....I've spoken to Lee Smith about this whole incident and he's accepted my appology for what was said about his group. The only way there will be a positive atmopshere at Roots Hall is if the team starts winning again and this witch hunt turns into a conversation about how good Tilson's loan signings have been.

Alex,i'm truly sorry to see you showing concern about you being singled out and your wonderment at being accused of this and that and being told to help out with the Blue Voice.
You'll have to forgive us as it was an in-joke that we were replying to each other on here and if you were offended then i hope i can apologise for our misgivings.

.....;)

Ok, seems fair. Glasgow Shrimper i'm really sorry for what has been said on my Facebook group's wall about you. This was purely a quote from the Carlisle game, which was not made by us or condoned by us. We assumed whoever was saying that was your friend, or even with you at the time. Clearly that was not the case and thus it is not funny and in fact quite sinister and unpleasant. The fact that its posted on our wall is not because we agree with it, but instead because it was a memorable factor about the trip. Im sorry if it caused offence, and il make sure in future i monitor comments made a lot more carefully.

Up the blues

I've not seen the comments in question on your Facebook group & I'm not a member of it (as far as I know - I know I joined a whole variety of SUFC related groups and pages when I sorted out my Facebook account early in 2008) so as far as I'm concerned what I've not seen directly doesn't bother me. Thanks for the official apology on here though (as you can tell it's taken me almost a day to catch up on the fact my ears should have been burning due to the amount of comments that were being made about me on here).

However, as I've also just posted I do not EXACTLY who the 2 "loyal fans" who made such comments up at Carlisle (I don't know if they're the same as the people who posted in your Facebook group) are and I'm sure karma will dictate they will get theirs one day when the big mouths and bravado get them into trouble with somebody's who just that bit harder or nuttier!

I appreciate GlasgowShrimper was offended with what was quoted on our group but thats been rectified....

You're letting people put words in your mouth there. I was only gobsmacked back in April as I just could not understand how somebody who is a diehard Shrimper and only ever wants the best for the team could actually have made so-called adult males want to express such negative feelings, purely through only posting on here and never actually having met either of them in person! I can think of one possible associated reason in terms of one of them, but that too is equally ridiculous!

Last edited:
Not to sure why so many people have taken this so personally and are refusing to let it rest.

Equally not sure why some people are commenting when they CLEARLY haven't read everything that was posted the other day. If these lot weren't there on Tues how can they be blamed for the flavs and usa chants? Get your facts right people.

As TrueBlue has said, we've ALL done something wrong at some point, and I'll bet we've all had apologies accepted as well. They've had the decency to come on here and apologise, so IMO we should accept it and move on.

Alex,i'm truly sorry to see you showing concern about you being singled out and your wonderment at being accused of this and that and being told to help out with the Blue Voice.
You'll have to forgive us as it was an in-joke that we were replying to each other on here and if you were offended then i hope i can apologise for our misgivings.

.....;)

touché

Let's all forget about this and continue supporting Southend in a positive manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back