• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custard Splat

First XI
I'm gutted to have to say this but for the first time in many years I witnessed two racial incidents involving Southend "fans" today  
sad.gif

1. A bloke in the back row on the upper called Blackstock a "black c*nt". I know I wasn't the only one to hear this as a few faces turned round at the same time. Couldn't tell who it was as there was a group standing together but there was no doubting what was said.

2. As if the above wasn't bad enough, what I heard at half time sickened me. In the upper stand walkway, by the toilets and food, a group of approx 10-15 drunk idiots were chanting about the glories of ethnic cleansing . This went on for some considerable time in front of fans of all colours and many children.

I cannot begin to explain how much the half time incident angered me, especially considering the reported scenes on the trains on Tuedsay night. These w*nkers seem hell bent on destroying the reputation that this club has formed. Furthermore issues like this WILL halt the growth of the club unless they are sorted... how many parents who witnessed the half time scenes (and there were many down there with kids) do you think will return with their kids??

A few people on here defended Tuesday's reported train incident by saying that the culprits were talking amongst themselves and that the comments were not intended for anyone overhearing the conversations. Well, not this time. This was being chanted at anyone that was unfotunate enough to be there. These people were in the Southend stand and their actions will, therefore, be associated with our club. Frankly, that is not a reputation I want for our club or one that I can ever be proud of.

These incidents totally ruined my day. I felt annoyed with myself for doing nothing about it but, to be honest, I am not stupid enough to tackle a large group of drunken idiots.

After witnessing these incidents I couldn't of cared less about the second half. This was undoubtedly my least enjoyable day of my Blues supporting career.

sad.gif

sad.gif

These people should have be removed from the ground instantly by the stewards. In the first instance it may have been hard to work out exactly who had made the comment, but the second indcident sounds pretty blatent. Get these f%&kers out of the game. Would be nice if they could remove any southend shirts/hats etc from these so called fans too as they don't deserve to wear them. Totaly scum.

theres too many of them to deal with..

Been going on for years, Bury at home and quite a few away games
why is everyone getting annoyed now.

In fairness Britain as a country appears to be getting more and more racists so I guess football will only relect that.

What did the chat consist off as a matter of interest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ Aug. 13 2006,11:12)]Been going on for years, Bury at home and quite a few away games
why is everyone getting annoyed now.
Jeeez, I give up.

Hopefully this will be on CCTV and QPR will have given the tape to plod. Spooner is probably aware but as CSJ says if there are a lot of them the police and stewards don't have the manpower to remove them (although I'd quite like them to wade in with batons as the garda did at that England game - see how tough they are then) If they are identified the club should ban them. If they are season ticket holders then their cards can be stopped.

I'm sorry but just because 'its been going on for years' and there are more than the odd isolated incident should we tolerate it?
I genuinely beleive we should be doing everything we possibly can within the game to eradicate this element.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 13 2006,11:22)]In fairness Britain as a country appears to be getting more and more racists so I guess football will only relect that.
Without sounding controversial it is hardly surprising with all these terrorists activity emminating from this country is it? The problem will get worse but its not really a football problem is it its just society. The only issue for me if is a player is abused on the pitch as in the old days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 13 2006,11:36)]I'm suprised the club aren't doing anything about this bearing in mind the new FIFA rullings over racism.
What exactly do you want the club to do about an incident on a train or a chant by the tea bar at hal time?
suspect.gif

actually Dave if they are identified then the police and club can do quite a lot as I said in my previous post. I believe some Millwall fans were prosecuted on the evidence of CCTV footage and banned. At the very least they could publically disassociate themselves from these fans.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 13 2006,11:36)]I'm suprised the club aren't doing anything about this bearing in mind the new FIFA rullings over racism.
Maybe the club don't know. I beleive its our responsiblity as true fans of the game to inform clubs of such incidents so they can investiagte (ie CCTV etc) to act on removing these so called fans.

In my expereince (as a teacher), I have found the younger generations of today are far less racist and prejudice than their parents and any problems that do occur, usually come from the parents. Having taught at a school where the parents rallied together to get a educational trip to Mosque banned due to it being 'too dangerous'.... - this is exactly the reason to take the students there! To combat these ideas being fed to them by their parents!! The youth of today grow up in a very different environment where they are likely to have friends who are white, black, asian and so on, as well as being Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu.

The main problem as I see it is there Daily Mail/Sun reading parents who feed them rascist and prejudice lies at home, tolerate incidents of rascism and do not try to combat such prejudices in their everyday lives.

But hey, thats just me
wink.gif

mind you I'm pretty sure these fans would be wearing the
stone island rubbish or whatever the more up to date equivalent is. I remember Chesterfield away in the cup a few seasons ago one of them made a racist comment and another fan nearby let off such a tirade against him that there wasn't another word from him for the rest of the game.

When I walked down Shepards Bush yesturday I was DISCUSTED to see nearly every shop devoted to a diffrent cultrue with arabic and other text from diffrent countrys all over the place, I feel It draws the line when you cant even feel at home in your own country. Oh also these people who were racist chanting should be arrested and dealt with!
I follow the theroy that there should be no racisim we should all get along!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]These incidents totally ruined my day. I felt annoyed with myself for doing nothing about it but, to be honest, I am not stupid enough to tackle a large group of drunken idiots.

After witnessing these incidents I couldn't of cared less about the second half. This was undoubtedly my least enjoyable day of my Blues supporting career.

So sombody calls me a fat ******* you going to run to my aid you gonna feel sad for me all second half, I had to put up with bullying for being diffrent when I was young but nobody came to my aid! its ok aint it! thats why I had to fight for myself!

Call sombody a black ******* - all hell and shame break loose!
Call me or sombody Fat/Gay/Small/Tall - thats ok
Doubble standards and its BOLLOX!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 13 2006,12:48)]Oh also these people who were racist chanting should be arrested and dealt with!
erm yes. True Blue, go and have a coffee and calm down.

thats right everbody found it funny chanting you fat ******* to that fat man,
and if hes ginger he gets stick
so if he s black what the hell
and if you are white and ever lived in london you will no what i mean

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ARSE!! @ Aug. 13 2006,13:02)]thats right everbody found it funny chanting you fat ******* to that fat man,
and if hes ginger he gets stick
so if he s black what the hell
and if you are white and ever lived in london you will no what i mean
I'm white, lived in London for 8 years and have no idea what you're on about. Racism is a little bit worse than calling someone fatty isn't it?

rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back