• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
I know this isn't directly linking to us as a club, but Ryan Hall kicks someone when they are on the ground, and allegedly goes inside to get a bottle which he DOESN'T use. Whereas...

This guy has punched five different people in and around Wickford High Street in just 24 hours.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/8856625.Asbo_for_teenager_after_booze_fuelled_rampage/?ref=mr

''Basildon Magistrates’ Court agreed to a two-year antisocial behaviour order which bans him from drinking in the street.''

a 2 year ban stopping him from drinking in the street, I presume that means drinking in Wickford High Street. Why not banned from drinking everywhere?

''Long, of Carlton Road, Wickford, is also banned from being drunk in a public place and harassing anyone.''
Isn't it illegal to be drunk and drink in a public place and to harass anyone anyway?

My question is, why is this guy who has assaulted 5 people (unprovoked by the looks of it) in 24 hours only getting 2 years community service. But Ryan Hall who was a victim of racial abuse who kicks somebody once is looking at a possible 6 months Jail sentence.

What a completely ridiculous justice system.

Move this to the Pub if you wish, I just thought it sort of linked with Club issues.

The teenager has not been found guilty of assualt , he was not charged with assault he was in court for an ASBO hearing because , to quote a police officer "In the light of the number of offences committed during that period an Asbo would have been the most productive method in order to try to prevent the offender from re-offending.”

Ryan Hall , on the other hand , pleaded guilty to affray.

The teenager has not been found guilty of assualt , he was not charged with assault he was in court for an ASBO hearing because , to quote a police officer "In the light of the number of offences committed during that period an Asbo would have been the most productive method in order to try to prevent the offender from re-offending.”

Ryan Hall , on the other hand , pleaded guilty to affray.

It still doesn't make sense to me!

And affray is inevitably custodial .. i feel sorry for Hall i really do, but you can't condone his behaviour just because he's a Shrimper

Not neccessarily BB. My mate was charged with affray, admitted the charge (and laid on the remorse a bit thick) and he got 60 hrs community service. Similarly, another lad I know has been in court on 9 seperate occasions with charges ranging from ABH to carrying a weapon (baseball bat in the car) and has never came near to a custodial.

If Hall gets a custodial i'd be amazed.

For sure this is very sad but you have to remember that Ryan Hall is a role model for thousands.

Damn i meant to put invariably not inevitably and can't edit my post now cos it'll make a nonsense of Grahams reply .. though to be fair he does talk nonsense most of the time anyway soooo :whistling:

Damn i meant to put invariably not inevitably and can't edit my post now cos it'll make a nonsense of Grahams reply .. though to be fair he does talk nonsense most of the time anyway soooo :whistling:

Who is he then when he is at home?..:unsure:

6 months meaning out in 3 months probably!

Never happen IMO. He'll probably get a bit of community service, then depending on how strict they are, maybe a 6-18 month suspended sentence, plus a tag/curfew.

Edit: I can't see him getting a tag/curfew, but it is something the magistrates can/will consider.

Back