• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Right chaps - Bailey has gone, there's no point crying about it, we need to deal with it fast as on last night's showing Moussa and Grant is not a Central Midfield pairing to strike terror into most League 1 sides.

I am assuming that Ron may be prepared to splash a little cash on the replacement so who do we suggest?

My starter for 10 is Lee Frecklington from Lincoln:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/03/27/scouting_report_lee_frecklingt.html

I am not basing this on any knowledge or rumour - but he would seem to fit the bill quite nicely. Interestingly last January, when Peterborough were sniffing around, Lincoln said they would listen to offers if the financial package was right.

Any other suggestions?

I acn see the headline in the echo now

FRECKLINGTON REPLACES FRECKLES

Sounds good but would be worrying for the team if this is true, bit too much like Bailey?

I went to school with "Frecko" and he has always had a huge ego. Even today I've often spotted him swanning around lincoln town centre like the big time charlie he is. He'll never make it big because his ego outweigh's his talent by a large ratio. I wish him all the success in the world as he's clearly doing what he loves and living the life many of his age and stature would kill for. Don't be surprised though if in a few years he fades into obscurity as his attitude makes him believe he's better than he is.
Bitter? moi?

We definately need someone with league experience in the team so from that pov, he wouldnt be a bad signing if we could get him for a reasonable price

As would Kevin Maher :)

Oh no he wouldn't. Not any more.

Last year we saw what happens when your midfielders score goals. Maher, Moussa and Grant I doubt would get 5 between them.

If there's one thing Tilly can do it's bring in a decent midfielder. In that respect I don't think he's ever let us down.

I've championed Mr Frecklington for a long while ( along with Ben Wright ) as i have seen a fair bit of Lincoln over the past year or so and i think he'd be a class signing. Him and Mac could be a good little duo, but i'd be worried about a Moussa/Frecklington partnership as it could become a little lightweight in the centre of the park. Frecklington is full of pace and determination and gets his fair share of goals!

Kev

I've championed Mr Frecklington for a long while ( along with Ben Wright ) as i have seen a fair bit of Lincoln over the past year or so and i think he'd be a class signing. Him and Mac could be a good little duo, but i'd be worried about a Moussa/Frecklington partnership as it could become a little lightweight in the centre of the park. Frecklington is full of pace and determination and gets his fair share of goals!

Kev

Talent%20Scout%20picture.jpg

Yes please, everytime I've seen him I've been very impressed.

Kev

Agreed. Ben Wright seems to score a fair few for them aswel...how about them both signing...that would be a very good coup.

Back