• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Barrett's Banter: I’m really chuffed at great start

8:50am Thursday 21st August 2008
By Adam Barrett »

WE’VE taken four points from our first two games of the season and I think that’s the best start we’ve had since I’ve been at the club.

We normally take a little while to get going so the results so far have been very pleasing, especially when you take into consideration the size of the squad.

Our opponents tomorrow, Brighton, have made a good start too and it has all the makings of a entertaining game.

It’s on a Friday night and I always think they’re special at Roots Hall. There seems to be a better atmosphere and I used to love coming to watch them when I was younger.

Brighton will be hard to break down, but we’re such a tight-knit squad now and I think you can see that by the way we’ve been playing.

In the circumstances, it was a fantastic performance at Millwall and the effort everyone put in spot on. It was gutting to see them score right at the end and I really couldn’t see them scoring because they didn’t seem to be causing us too many problems.

In the end they had a bit of luck and we had to settle for a point.

It’s important to concentrate on the positives though, and I was delighted to see Alex Revell score his first goal for the club.

He’s a great lad but it’s been a bit stop-start for him since joining because of injury.

Hopefully the goal will help his confidence now and he can form a good partnership with Lee Barnard.

Revs was fantastic for us in the first half at the New Den but I’m not too sure about his celebration. It’s all about the Playstation game which him, Simon Francis and Steve Mildenhall play all the time.

They’re always online playing it and I’m not too sure what their other halves think, but at least it means they don’t have to speak to them!

>SIMON Francis has also been the centre of the banter after it emerged his mum has a shrine for him at the family home in Nottingham.

We’ve always known that Franno is a bit of a mummy’s boy, but it’s been taken to a new level by the news that his old bedroom is now decorated in pictures of his playing career and a few of the shirts he’s also worn when playing.

Whenever his mum is missing poor Simon, she heads into this room and sits down with a cup of tea and p-butt tee which is northern for peanut butter on toast.

The boys keep on mentioning it and therefore I think it’s only fair I share it with the rest of you!

>I THINK it’s the right decision to make John Terry captain of England.

For me Rio Ferdinand is the best centre back in the world right now and he’s a class act.

But if you’re looking for a leader and someone to inspire people then I think John is the man.

He’s been a fantastic captain for Chelsea and I really don’t understand why him being named as skipper is being questioned by some people.

He would have been the one I picked straight away and I hope he helps us qualify for the World Cup.

Charles’ cramp has had us in stitches

CHARLES Ademeno has been getting an awful lot of stick off the lads this week.

He made his first start for us at Millwall at the weekend but collapsed in agony after about 60 minutes.

He was screaming and shouting like mad and we all feared it was a really bad injury.

I thought we were going to have to resuscitate Charles at one point because it seemed like he was at death’s door.

We therefore all rushed over straight away and the stretcher came on to the pitch as well, so it was obviously something serious.

But alas he was training with the rest of us on Monday morning and it turned out he only had a bit of cramp!

It’s strange because Charles is quite a big lad and you wouldn’t expect him to behave like a big girl.

But it’s certainly been mentioned a few times since the weekend and I don’t think it’s something we’re going to let him forget for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Sir Adams column good stuff, so it's Franco and Charles getting stick this week!!!

Back