• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But the other player sort of looked around first to see who was looking, and THEN about 3 or 4 seconds later deceided to put his hands on his head, and then fell to the ground. He was plainly cheating, trying to get Mr Corr sent of, which of coarse happened.

Now in my book that is not cricket, but if that is what some people will lower themselfs to do, in order to win the game, so be it. But i hope if anyone asks him in the furture if he is a cheating **** head, that he has the brass balls to say YES, because that is what he was today.

Snr.

Unfortunately football is all about cheating and what you can get away with, every time the balls goes out of play both sets of players will appeal its their ball etc even when they have clearly kicked ball out themselves, if a striker runs through ,defender will put their hands up at linesman etc in hope he will put flag up. How many times do you see a player turn round and say no ref you got it wrong its their ball not ours? If you can get a player sent off then your going to try it

football in general is falling apart , seems like whichever team has the best cheats will always come out on top ! What Corr did was silly but what the Bury player did was blatant cheating , how comes he don't end up sitting on the floor holding his head every time he heads the ball ? surely there's more impact there than someone PLACING their head against his.

If im right this was the same player that pretended in the first half to be caught late, went down like he had broken leg, realized that know one was bothered and then got up and sprinted to the half way line. The guy was a cheat from the first whistle.

Not in my view - didn`t like him either

Not keen on him as a character (or, especially, as an author) but he was a terrific foil for the prolific strikers Phillips, Cadette and Crown who all benefited from his presence immensely.

With teh amount of money involved in staying up or winning Premotion etc , players and managers will go to extreme lengths to win a game of football , If I was an opposing manager and using that theory I wold of done a bit of homework and told players to niggle at Corr and see if he blows up .

Plenty of players at all levels who can be talked off the pitch or into doing something silly . I personally hate all the diving and so called head nudging in Football , im waiting for the scence where both players go down holding their heads after a head rub like 2 WWE Wrestlers waiting for the ref to make a decision .

As someone stated the difference between a Yellow and a Red card after a altercation is the opposing players reaction ...he stays on his feetits a yellow , he goes over then its almost certainly a red

Right, just to clarify.

It doesn't matter what the Bury defender did or did not do. Corr butted him. He could have stood there, Stuart Pearce like, but it doesn't and will not deflect from the fact that Corr butted him. He could have rolled around screaming in mock agony, but then again, Corr butted him.

You can say what you like about the Bury defender who probably did make the most of it (albeit not quite in the Carlos Valderamma or Rivaldo class), but the one undeniable fact of the matter is that Corr butted him.

And if you butt someone and get seen doing it, you get sent off. Pure and simple. The blame lays at the door of Barry Corr, on one else.

On the brightside, it did give us something to talk about after what was, without doubt, the most turgid 90 minutes of "football" at the Hall this season.

So is the Barry Corr **** wave over now?

Or is he still in the 3 top of mind mentions when asked about SUFC legends in say 10 years time?

Frankie Banks - Club legend
Barry Corr - Club Bellend

Have a think about that one.

So is the Barry Corr **** wave over now?

Or is he still in the 3 top of mind mentions when asked about SUFC legends in say 10 years time?

Frankie Banks - Club legend
Barry Corr - Club Bellend

Have a think about that one.

Never really understood the Corr worship myself,He had one blinding season then it's been average since,Yeah he can put it about but I think the modern game has moved on from a big lump up top having verbals with anything that moves whilst rarely doing what he is paid to do as in scoring goals.

Seeing the Sturridge dive for the 3rd penalty in the ManU/Liverpool game yesterday just further enforced to me the fact that the Premier League, the Football League and the PFA all need to get together and decide on retrospective action for cheating before this cult, which is now endemic in our game, ruins it totally.

The Bury guy cheated, but Corr was stupid. Corr masked the action the Bury player made towards him, but Corr was in full view of the lino on the East side when he motioned towards the Bury player.

We're taught from early childhood that cheats don't prosper, well, it seems that in football they do. It needs addressing. Now.

Yep saw it all from W block.

The two players were niggling each other from their goal area, all the way back to the halfway line, they were bumping into each other on the way back showing their displeasure.

Then around the half way line area, Mr Corr PLACED is forehead on the head of the oppersition, and pushed it against his, and yes i surpose therefore it was a red card.

But the other player sort of looked around first to see who was looking, and THEN about 3 or 4 seconds later deceided to put his hands on his head, and then fell to the ground. He was plainly cheating, trying to get Mr Corr sent of, which of coarse happened.

That was pretty much how I saw it as well, they had two or three little 'coming togethers' on the way back up the pitch and the Bury player seemed to poke or elbow Corr in the ribs a couple of times, these little niggles were plainly missed by the officials; perhaps Corr should have collapsed in a heap at that point.....

The thing about the whole incident that galled me was that, yes, Corr put his head forward and that's a, really stupid, :facepalm:red, no argument, but the incitement and goading by Vesili was completely missed and that was worth a yellow, and if Corr had collapsed like a sack of spuds as Vesili did it might have been a red the other way.

A few minutes later, while emotions were still riding high, Mills, I'm told by someone else as I didn't see it myself, spat towards the crowd as he came over in front of W block; what I did see was him then trying to incite the crowd by gesturing to them to come on to the pitch and have a go at him. Something that the referee and the other officials either didn't, or chose not to, see but which, in any event, went without any comment or punishment whatsoever. I was under the impression that trying to incite the crowd was also a bit of a no no these days..... :unsure:

OBL, fully agree.

Up until recently one of the saving graces of the lower leagues has been that the players, and therefore the football has tended to be more 'honest'; there have always been the odd incidents which have stuck in the mind but have probably been noticed more because they were not the norm, however, such incidents now seem to be happening in virtually every game. In my view such over acting is bringing the game into disrepute.

Someone described to me a difference between football and rugby over the weekend as, 'Football is 90 minutes of pretending you are hurt by the slightest touch from an opponent and roll around on the ground in agony, Rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you are not hurt when you've been flattened by an opponent, as you get up and smile in his face.'

Notice the difference between the two incidents you mention though; because Sturridge was playing a PL game at Old Trafford they had about three or four different camera angles to show it from, on the Football League show the Corr sending off, and presumably the lead up to it, was described as 'happened off camera'.

Club have just confirmed that they will not be appealing the decision. He will miss the games against Bristol Rovers, Oxford and Torquay

We all do things in the heat of the moment. Time for Fred/Barney & El Tango to step up.

Why not give Jaason Williams and Seedy Njie a chance, they are young hungry players who want to play, play without fear and as all young players they want the ball and show off basically. When Jasonfirst got ball vs Exeter there was a great rise of all southend fans, denied by a great save. It was first time i've heard proper excitement seeing a player run and use his pace and power effectively past 10 games.

OBL, fully agree.

Someone described to me a difference between football and rugby over the weekend as, 'Football is 90 minutes of pretending you are hurt by the slightest touch from an opponent and roll around on the ground in agony, Rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you are not hurt when you've been flattened by an opponent, as you get up and smile in his face.'

Lol, yes, saw that on FB and shared it around, also tweeted it to Stan the man hoping he might take up the cause.

Corr has royally messed up and let his team and us fans down. Move on. Not the first or last time a player will do this. Blame does not create solutions. If PB were going to revert to type and play Corr in the next games it was not going to change our inability to score enough. I have been behind PB this season and now he needs to reward the support with some stellar decisions that break the mould of his currently ineffective style.

Why not give Jaason Williams and Seedy Njie a chance, they are young hungry players who want to play, play without fear and as all young players they want the ball and show off basically. When Jasonfirst got ball vs Exeter there was a great rise of all southend fans, denied by a great save. It was first time i've heard proper excitement seeing a player run and use his pace and power effectively past 10 games.
yep I would put Williams right in there from the start, you can tell he wants to play and gives the crowd a lift, at least he will get the ball down use his pace and take on defenders, just what we need at this stage, give him a chance:smile:

Wow, makes a change a sufc fan agree's with me. Peas and rice.

yep I would put Williams right in there from the start, you can tell he wants to play and gives the crowd a lift, at least he will get the ball down use his pace and take on defenders, just what we need at this stage, give him a chance:smile:

So, when all us said and done, it took him eleven minutes to get sufficiently wound up to nut the bloke. Clear your locker!

Back