• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree, on that display against Charlton, Mooney is better & at least I don't have to say "oh ****!" When a offside flag appear after Corr make a run! He didn't show much threat for us against Wycombe & only good thing he done, was a knock down for Pig to score!

I agree, on that display against Charlton, Mooney is better & at least I don't have to say "oh ****!" When a offside flag appear after Corr make a run! He didn't show much threat for us against Wycombe & only good thing he done, was a knock down for Pig to score!

Errrhhhh. How easily we forget. He (Corr) headed the ball into the net .......... only for a foul elsewhere to see the referee disallow the goal.

This thread is going to over take the Mohsni one for most views/replies.

I know, it's as if football fans like players who can score goals. So strange that!
yes an avarage of 10 goals a season....blistering.....we have not had a prolific striker at the hall for years...

yes an avarage of 10 goals a season....blistering.....we have not had a prolific striker at the hall for years...

Yes 63 goals in 5 seasons (one of those he didn't play a single game) is an average (avarage?) of 10.

can't believe such a Barry Corr fan club....

I'm not Barry's biggest fan and I can see why some people question his value to the club over the last few years when he has had fallow/barren patches and particularly when they read posts that gush and wax lyrical about his contribution ............ but some others are just as daft when they refuse to proportion any credit to Barry.

I find myself "defending" Barry when I am only really trying to even up the discussion.

Can someone copy and paste, or screengrab.

Thank xx

NO Southend fan was happy when their favourite son Barry Corr joined Cambridge United this summer.

Corr’s shock exit came as a huge downer to supporters still celebrating the Irish striker’s role in winning promotion to League One.
But nobody took it worse than Corr’s own little lad, Jamie — who burst out crying on hearing his dad had penned a deal at the Abbey Stadium.

Corr, 30, said: “He cried for about 20 minutes. He kept saying ‘I don’t want you to leave!’
“I had no idea what to say. I didn’t think it would bother him so when I said ‘Daddy is playing for a new team now’ he just looked at me blankly and started bawling his eyes out.

“He’s only five but he loves his football. He wanted a Southend shirt for his birthday recently.

“When I told him I would get him a Cambridge shirt he was having none of it.

“It shows how much Southend meant to me and my family and it is slightly unfortunate how things ended.

“A lot of me wanted to finish my career there but I am in a better environment me now, personally.”

Corr Jnr’s sadness is shared by the Roots Hall faithful while chairman Ron Martin was “stunned” by a deal which came “as news to me”.

But Corr insists he kept the club informed every step of the way and had they offered him a new deal earlier, he would still be a Southend player.

Corr added: “I can absolutely assure you that I gave them every opportunity to do something about it.

“I was on the phone to the chairman and the manager Phil Brown pretty much every day.

“After the play-off final we had our celebration and I thought we would sit down for contract talks. But the manager and chief executive went on holiday.

“I was on the phone saying I would like to sort it out before I went on holiday. It made me feel it wasn’t a massive priority — and it was the same for a few others.

“It left players feeling a bit unwanted. There are some players doing pre-season there who still haven’t signed contracts.”

Nevertheless, Southend are now in Corr’s past and he cannot wait to begin the latest chapter of his career against Newport tomorrow.

He said: “We are going to be competitive.

“Last year I played up front on my own and was left to do a lot of work without much of the rewards.

“I’m capable of scoring far more goals and I’m at a club where I can do that with tactics that suit my game better.

“Some people say I lacked ambition by not going up a league and that could not be further from the truth.

“I believe I will play in League One — at Cambridge United where I’m better suited.”

Pretty shoddy of PB & RM....though sadly I think we've got better strikers now. Sorry Barry.

I hope your son stays a life long Shrimper!

Pretty shoddy of PB & RM....though sadly I think we've got better strikers now. Sorry Barry.

I hope your son stays a life long Shrimper!

This for me too. I'll never have a bad word said about Corr after the man went through 17 months of what must have been pure hell but all good things come to an end and I think it was best for both parties to go our separate ways this summer.

Back