• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm looking forward to Barry Corr Jnr in 11 years time.

Barry Corr Jnr and Freddy Eastwood Jr would be a dreamy frontline. Maybe the Football Manager simulation was more accurate than we thought...

One header down into the box don't forgive the 90 minutes of pure dross that came before & I wont even go there in the Stevenage & Luton games

Yeah, I can't believe Barry Corr scored against Stevenage and helped us through the playoffs. And played a full 90 in a win against Luton when down to 10 men.

At Wembley he scored a goal which was disallowed due to an unrelated incident.

What a ****. I hate those kinds of players.

How anybody can slate him is beyond me. You may not be his biggest fan and can point out his flaws quicker than others but the bloke was a good player for this club. Not a GREAT player, not a 'legend', but a good player. He scored goals and contributed immensely to us getting promoted last season. For that I take my hat off to him and for whatever reasons he chose to join another team I wish him well.

One header down into the box don't forgive the 90 minutes of pure dross that came before & I wont even go there in the Stevenage & Luton games

What about the 131 games he started where he scored 63 goals? Can you forgive those? Even if you include his sub appearances he scored a goal every 3 appearances.

In the final he was played back in his lone striker role, a role most people seem to have acknowledged doesnt allow him to score many goals, yet he still scored one which was disallowed because of something out of his control.

Sigh.

A goal ever 3 games and he actually had very good ball control.

We must have different expectations of a first touch, a good first touch it when the ball is brought under control & doesn't bounce of a yard for you to chase after like Barrys did more often than the former

What about the 131 games he started where he scored 63 goals? Can you forgive those? Even if you include his sub appearances he scored a goal every 3 appearances.

In the final he was played back in his lone striker role, a role most people seem to have acknowledged doesnt allow him to score many goals, yet he still scored one which was disallowed because of something out of his control.

Considering 21 of those came in his first year here, lets not count the year out with the knee, he only scored a further 29 league goals in 3 years, less than 10 league goals a season from your main striker is poor considering the challenges up the league for promotion we've had

Yeah, I can't believe Barry Corr scored against Stevenage and helped us through the playoffs. And played a full 90 in a win against Luton when down to 10 men.

At Wembley he scored a goal which was disallowed due to an unrelated incident.

What a ****. I hate those kinds of players.

Is that the same Luton game that McNulty the slowest player in League football never gave Barry a kick or header & a freak goalkeeping error covered what would have been a shocker from Barry!!

Out of interest how many were penalties ?

I allways look at striker who has scored without the aid of the penalty spot, I agree someone has to put it in the net in that situation, but how many were from open play, I'm sure we have a statto at hand with the info

UTS

Considering 21 of those came in his first year here, lets not count the year out with the knee, he only scored a further 29 league goals in 3 years, less than 10 league goals a season from your main striker is poor considering the challenges up the league for promotion we've had

He never scored less than 10 goals a season, you cant just choose to ignore cup goals because it doesnt fit your agenda.

You are also completely ignoring the fact he had to play a lone striker role and still managed double figures every season.

Out of interest how many were penalties ?

I allways look at striker who has scored without the aid of the penalty spot, I agree someone has to put it in the net in that situation, but how many were from open play, I'm sure we have a statto at hand with the info

UTS

Not many. Hardly prolific pen taker, was you not at Stevenage at home :)

I dont know, but it would be a handful.

He never scored less than 10 goals.

Check your stats, soudns like you are trying to use a season he was injured for the whole year .

You are also completely ignoring the fact he had to play a lone striker role and still managed double figures every season.

Not many. Hardly prolific pen taker, was you not at Stevenage at home :)

I dont know, but it would be a handful.

League goals & no if you do maths, joined 2010 (21 goals) no footy in 11 & I allowed 3 years he was 5 years

League goals & no if you do maths, joined 2010 (21 goals) no footy in 11 & I allowed 3 years he was 5 years

I re-read it and edited, you cant just choose to ignore cup goals because it doesnt fit your opinion.

Or does scoring goals to get us to Wembley in the JPT not matter?

He scored 15 league goals last season, 5th top scorer in the league anyway.

I re-read it and edited, you cant just choose to ignore cup goals because it doesnt fit your opinion.

Ok lets give him the extra 10 cup goals in 4 years, still better off without him, I wouldn't swap any of our current forwards for Corr except maybe Weston

Back