• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

superblue24

Director
Not before time either!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22148764

Sarah Burns, a single mother, told the BBC she would lose more than £90 of the more than £500 she receives every week.She said: "Obviously we will have to cut down on shopping bills. And we'll have to cut our use of gas and electricity. It's really that serious.
"Activities that the children do, like school trips and scout cubs, I probably won't be able to afford anymore."

My heart bleeds for you..... I think the government should be sending junior economists into some of these affected homes to explain basic budgeting and money management. This ridiculous simpleton was earning £2,400 per month and has now been reduced to £2,000. Her immediate reaction is how she'll have to cut down on gas and electric... How about cutting off your Sky package, or reducing your weekly nails appointment to once every fortnight.

How someone cannot live on £500 per week is completely beyond me!

People have different priorities thought don't they? A lot of women think that having their nails done is a "must". Likewise gym memberships, just go for a walk daily and a swim every now and then unless it's something you really CAN afford or your work subsidises it!

If she's receiving £500 a week in benefits then she gets a lot more to spend than I do!

For the record, £500 net per week puts her in the top 18% of household incomes nationally.

The cap means that no one on benefits can be in the top 50% of households by income. Personally I think that is still too high.

Oh come on, you can't say stuff like that anymore. There'll be a bandwaggon-load of bleeding liberals now demanding that, 'cos you said it, you've now got to give up your life and prove it.

I was between jobs a few years ago and didnt bother claiming any benefits as I knew Id get another job, plus I had 10 weeks to get one (it took me 11 weeks in the end).

I did however join jobseekers, simply because to claim my MPPI I had to register. I then spent all morning at the job centre explaining to them I didnt want to claim anything and that all I wanted was to register so my insurance policies could pay out if need be. I might as well of been talking a different language as they didnt seem to get that I wasnt after any money from them.

Maybe she is.

If so why should they suffer?

Why should any kids suffer Cyril. I dont think you can use that as an argument. If a woman gets jailed for murder her kids will suffer. So what would you do? Let her off?

Why is it, that when the Government claims it is skint and can't pay benefits, support the NHS, put rises into the state pension still fork out £10m for a poxy funeral.

If you are screaming that we have our priorities wrong, I'd suggest you start with that.

And where did the original quote come from. I'd guess the Daily Mail or Sun, two laughable rags that peddle extremes and hysteria.

The real fact of the matter is that whilst the rich enjoy a tax cut, everyone else, be they are on benefits or in work, are having to tighten their belts considerably as wages stagnate and prices rise. Its easy to pick on benefits claimants, but how many of you claim benefits? How many of you would give up your tax credits or child benefits?

In times of austerity, it is very easy for vulnerable groups to be "blamed". Hitler did it to the Jews. Thatcher did to single mothers. This lot do it welfare claimants. It gives everyone else they are ******** on someone to blame without actually cottoning on that the politicians are in fact to blame.

Not before time either!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22148764

Sarah Burns, a single mother, told the BBC she would lose more than £90 of the more than £500 she receives every week.She said: "Obviously we will have to cut down on shopping bills. And we'll have to cut our use of gas and electricity. It's really that serious.
"Activities that the children do, like school trips and scout cubs, I probably won't be able to afford anymore."

My heart bleeds for you..... I think the government should be sending junior economists into some of these affected homes to explain basic budgeting and money management. This ridiculous simpleton was earning £2,400 per month and has now been reduced to £2,000. Her immediate reaction is how she'll have to cut down on gas and electric... How about cutting off your Sky package, or reducing your weekly nails appointment to once every fortnight.

how do we know Sarah Burns has Sky and a nail varnish habbit?

Why is it, that when the Government claims it is skint and can't pay benefits, support the NHS, put rises into the state pension still fork out £10m for a poxy funeral.

If you are screaming that we have our priorities wrong, I'd suggest you start with that.

And where did the original quote come from. I'd guess the Daily Mail or Sun, two laughable rags that peddle extremes and hysteria.

The real fact of the matter is that whilst the rich enjoy a tax cut, everyone else, be they are on benefits or in work, are having to tighten their belts considerably as wages stagnate and prices rise. Its easy to pick on benefits claimants, but how many of you claim benefits? How many of you would give up your tax credits or child benefits?

In times of austerity, it is very easy for vulnerable groups to be "blamed". Hitler did it to the Jews. Thatcher did to single mothers. This lot do it welfare claimants. It gives everyone else they are ******** on someone to blame without actually cottoning on that the politicians are in fact to blame.

The £10 million is a drop in the ocean compared to how much she saved the country and is a one off.

Its easy to say tax the rich but they already pay more than the non rich in monetary terms and at a higher rate, probably never use the NHS but still have to pay towards it. Just because someone becomes rich thorugh either their own hard work, luck or enterprise why should they have to keep subsidising others? You probably have more money than a lot of people - do you give much of it to the bloke down the road who has been unemployed for the last 2 years?

From the examples I heard on the BBC yesterday, benefits are limited to £500 per week but if you can find work for 16 hours a week the limit doesnt apply any more. It seems to be about encouraging people back to work. Do you really think that a family who have 8 kids they could never afford should be kept by the tax payer? People have to take responsibility for their own actions at some time.

Blimey. A new low.

Can someone fill me in... i think i missed that history lesson about the murder of 6 million single mothers in britain.

Those that don't work, telling people who do work, that they should be entitled to more of their money.

Sorry, but in what sort of society does that make sense.

I was watching a documentary the other week, "Toughest Place to be a bus driver" i think it was, and this chap was working 70 hours a week or so, and had just enough money to get by, but couldn't afford medicene for his wife, who had had a stroke or something, and had 2 kids, who he couldn't afford to send to a half decent school. These people really did have nothing, except what the poor fella worked extrememly hard for.

To have people who don't work, get free medical care, and £250 a week or so to live off, moaning that life is hard, really need to take a look at how well off they are compared to other societys, and that the UK does far more for those that choose not to work, than most countires in the world.

I'd also point out that it is ridiculous again that benefit claiments are moaning about only recieving a 1% rise in their "entitlement", when a large proportion of NHS staff will only recieve a 1% pay rise per annum until 2016!

I know a bloke on Benefits who is so angry about his council tax rise he won't be able to buy his normal £100 worth of Cannabis a month and has realised he may actually have to try to find work for a living rather than sit on his arse all day watching TV.

You really have to feel for these types.

I know a bloke on Benefits who is so angry about his council tax rise he won't be able to buy his normal £100 worth of Cannabis a month and has realised he may actually have to try to find work for a living rather than sit on his arse all day watching TV.

You really have to feel for these types.

I should hope so, I'm £100 down now. :angry:

Dear ShrimperZone lawyers, this is what is known as a joke. Allegedly.

Those that don't work, telling people who do work, that they should be entitled to more of their money.

Sorry, but in what sort of society does that make sense.

I was watching a documentary the other week, "Toughest Place to be a bus driver" i think it was, and this chap was working 70 hours a week or so, and had just enough money to get by, but couldn't afford medicene for his wife, who had had a stroke or something, and had 2 kids, who he couldn't afford to send to a half decent school. These people really did have nothing, except what the poor fella worked extrememly hard for.

To have people who don't work, get free medical care, and £250 a week or so to live off, moaning that life is hard, really need to take a look at how well off they are compared to other societys, and that the UK does far more for those that choose not to work, than most countires in the world.

I'd also point out that it is ridiculous again that benefit claiments are moaning about only recieving a 1% rise in their "entitlement", when a large proportion of NHS staff will only recieve a 1% pay rise per annum until 2016!

I saw (some of) the same documentary last night.The bus driver you're talking about was working in Manilla,in the Philippines.Are you seriously comparing benefit conditions in the UK with those in a third world country?

I would have thought that benefit conditions in Germany,France or one of the Scandinavian countries would form a far more accurate basis for comparison.

I saw (some of) the same documentary last night.The bus driver you're talking about was working in Manilla,in the Philippines.Are you seriously comparing benefit conditions in the UK with those in a third world country?

I would have thought that benefit conditions in Germany,France or one of the Scandinavian countries would form a far more accurate basis for comparison.

I think it is always important to sometimes take a look at the third world to realise just how much you do have, yes. Indeed, despite what is deemed as third world, their attitude to hard work is first rate.

That said i would be interested for you to highlight to us the benefit perks of Spain (since you have a good knowledge of Spain), compared to that of the UK.

Back