• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

he works his nuts off the team scores goals what more can we ask for

Over the course of the last few seasons he has scored some vital goals for us. A real old fashioned centre forward. Unfortunately injuries have slowed what little pace he had and he now seems to be a yard or two short to hit shots from crosses he would have got to before.

Give me a team of Barry corrs any day of the week though. Top man and top team player.

His goal against Exeter is one of my all-time favourite football memories.

Proper Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Over the course of the last few seasons he has scored some vital goals for us. A real old fashioned centre forward. Unfortunately injuries have slowed what little pace he had and he now seems to be a yard or two short to hit shots from crosses he would have got to before.

Give me a team of Barry corrs any day of the week though. Top man and top team player.

A team of Barry Corrs? Going to be pretty damn good at set pieces, but could be vulnerable to the swift counter-attack. And the disciplinary record may be problematic.

Eastwood

Thought I would bring reality to the world after the really sickening and blinded thread regarding Barry Corr. Barry's record for us is a goal every 2.9 games, Eastwood's was a goal every 2.77 games, so going on the poor twisting of stats as used in the other thread, Eastwood should never have been released.
Please don't see this as another "Eastwood should have stayed thread" nor an attack on Barry Corr or the guys queuing up to fellate him on the other thread. I just think stats are worthless unless those stats are consistent and neither player really had been for 2-3 years.

I love the club and the fans are awesome, I just want a dose of reality, Corr is not going to score enough to get us out the league, if he does, then I will apologise but he has done very little for me each time I see him than run around looking to hurt the opposition and get booked/sent off.

I'm probably going to get slated by the usual lot with poor one liners but hey!!

"Barry's record for us is a goal every 2.9 games, Eastwood's was a goal every 2.77 games"

That stat says an awful lot. There's very little difference between the two ratio's there.

No-one is saying that Barry is a better footballer than Freddy Eastwood was, but the fact that Barry's record is very closely matched to Fred's (I appreciate probably over half of Fred's goals were scored at a higher level) who is quite rightly lauded as one of our best players in the recent past, says it all.

Thought I would bring reality to the world after the really sickening and blinded thread regarding Barry Corr. Barry's record for us is a goal every 2.9 games, Eastwood's was a goal every 2.77 games, so going on the poor twisting of stats as used in the other thread, Eastwood should never have been released.
Please don't see this as another "Eastwood should have stayed thread" nor an attack on Barry Corr or the guys queuing up to fellate him on the other thread. I just think stats are worthless unless those stats are consistent and neither player really had been for 2-3 years.

I love the club and the fans are awesome, I just want a dose of reality, Corr is not going to score enough to get us out the league, if he does, then I will apologise but he has done very little for me each time I see him than run around looking to hurt the opposition and get booked/sent off.

I'm probably going to get slated by the usual lot with poor one liners but hey!!

Corr was eighth in the top scorers last season and scored more goals than anyone at the club that went up Champions.

If he were to score 20 goals this season it would be a massive help, but to say we cant go up with him unless he does isnt true.

I just think stats are worthless unless those stats are consistent and neither player really had been for 2-3 years.

Barry Corr has scored in double figures every season he has played. I think that's pretty consistent.

I love the club and the fans are awesome, I just want a dose of reality, Corr is not going to score enough to get us out the league, if he does, then I will apologise

Just curious but what is the magic number a striker must score to get a team promoted? 20? Because history shows that's a myth. Since Southend have been in lg2 the last 4 seasons, 16 teams have been promoted, only 4 had a top scorer with 20 or more league goals. Infact 9 teams in the last 4 seasons were promoted with a top scorer with 14 or less goals. Barry Corr has scored 21, 13 and 13 in the 3 seasons he has been fit, as many as other teams have been promoted with. The teams that get promoted don't rely on one player but score from around the team. BBBC awaits your apology :winking:

Drastic™;1663591 said:
Barry Corr has scored in double figures every season he has played. I think that's pretty consistent.

Just curious but what is the magic number a striker must score to get a team promoted? 20? Because history shows that's a myth. Since Southend have been in lg2 the last 4 seasons, 16 teams have been promoted, only 4 had a top scorer with 20 or more league goals. Infact 9 teams in the last 4 seasons were promoted with a top scorer with 14 or less goals. Barry Corr has scored 21, 13 and 13 in the 3 seasons he has been fit, as many as other teams have been promoted with. The teams that get promoted don't rely on one player but score from around the team. BBBC awaits your apology :winking:

I doubt he could care less about what we say on here.

Think Collymore had better average than that as well, and yet we never tried to sign him. Also Billy Best ...., oh hang on, all these players are different ages and/or at very different playing ability now. Of course, in his heyday, Eastwood was a player way and beyond whatever Corr could do, but your comparison is blinkered at best. Corrs fitness and work levels are way beyond what sadly Freddys is. Corr is at the height of fitness, Eastwood is not. Corr has the desire, Eastwood does not. Your stats prove nothing as opposed to showing equal lack of respect to both players. You want people to "pick" one player above another, yet it is hardly a direct comparison is it !

I sit in the South Upper with a couple of mates, my father-in-law and one of his mates, on Saturday the old boys slated and moaned about BBBC all the way through and so I was thoroughly pleased when Bazza scored. That said Waldorf and Statler, as we call them, moan about just about every aspect of our game, except when we score!

People need to realise that Barry is not a goal machine but does have goals in his locker. He has played through the pain barrier time and time again when others would have taken a wage and sat it out.

He is not the most skillfull nor is he game changer and I think people don't rate him as he is not a box of tricks he is a very honest pro and someone who works his nuts off every game and genuinely has affection for the club and its fans.

With service he will score more goals than most other strikers at this level. What more do you want?

Corr has the odd good game but gets booked for petulance and is injury prone. He has a poor first touch and no pace, but otherwise when fit is good enough at this level.
So a team of Corr's would pick up bookings and injuries and give the ball away more often than not.

Corr has the odd good game but gets booked for petulance and is injury prone. He has a poor first touch and no pace, but otherwise when fit is good enough at this level.
So a team of Corr's would pick up bookings and injuries and give the ball away more often than not.

No bookings this year,and 7 bookings in last 90 appearances. Not a bad record.

As for injury prone, if he can play 51 games in one season he isnt doing too bad.

301fq13.jpg

:facepalm:

Back