• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The knee injury that he would pass a medical with, and the ongoing back injury that he may not pass a medical with.
I would have thought that due to the very tight financial constraints that we have to operate under if the back injury was that bad he would had his contract cancelled by "mutual consent" at the end of last season and insurance money collected ? I don't know just can't see us carrying a player with a serious injury given our ambitions and financial position.

I would have thought that due to the very tight financial constraints that we have to operate under if the back injury was that bad he would had his contract cancelled by "mutual consent" at the end of last season and insurance money collected ? I don't know just can't see us carrying a player with a serious injury given our ambitions and financial position.

I know a lot more than I can say on here. Did you know for example that Barry is often given a rest from training due mainly to his back.
Don't take my word for it, watch him in his next few games. He used to leap like a salmon. Now he takes more care of himself and is getting beaten in the air. If he gets a bang in the back, or lands heavily, you will see him wince in pain for the next few minutes.

was not in side last night but we scored. his be(a)st days are gone. doubt he would get a move due to not passing fitness test with injuries. handy to have around but not first on team sheet and a replacement needs to b found.

Playing an hour against 10 men and scoring a goal from 25 yards isn't really compelling evidence that we can break down teams without him.

I know a lot more than I can say on here. Did you know for example that Barry is often given a rest from training due mainly to his back.
Don't take my word for it, watch him in his next few games. He used to leap like a salmon. Now he takes more care of himself and is getting beaten in the air. If he gets a bang in the back, or lands heavily, you will see him in wince in pain for the next few minutes.
Let's hope he is used sensibly this season then, he didn't seem too happy when he didn't start recently, hopefully manager and player have a strategy

Don't you think before writing off a players career that you should have some facts to back up a statement like that ?

did not write off his career. he is with us so his job goes on. and i said 'doubt'. did not make it a fact. just my opinion.

Let's hope he is used sensibly this season then, he didn't seem too happy when he didn't start recently, hopefully manager and player have a strategy

He is being managed and used sensibly by Phil Brown and staff, and treated very well by Ben Clarkson. Sometimes he is dropped for his own good.
But he still wants to play every game, even tho in pain. That is the nature of Barry Corr.

There is no point having such an injury prone player on our books, we dont have the budget for it.

He only managed to play 93 games in the past two seasons, he clearly isnt up to playing regularly.

I might be wrong, but im sure i read somewhere his goal ratio is something like 1 in 3 for us. If that is correct then i dont think thats to bad, especially for some one who most of us would consider to be a target man. I dont think he has been anywhere near as good this season so far, but i certainly wouldn't right him off to soon.

I think he's been strangely used again this season.

He's only been given 90 minutes twice this season - both matches that we won 2-0.

OK, I get that Saturday we didn't wrap it up until late and so you might not want to weaken the team when you were only 1 goal up, but why did he play the full 90 minutes against Stevenage when we had that game wrapped up by the hour? It seemed an obvious time to rest him and Leonard, particularly as we had a match the next Tuesday (which we lost and in which he only lasted an hour). He's left on in games where he could be rested but subbed in games where we need him.

OK, I get that Saturday we didn't wrap it up until late and so you might not want to weaken the team when you were only 1 goal up, but why did he play the full 90 minutes against Stevenage when we had that game wrapped up by the hour? It seemed an obvious time to rest him and Leonard, particularly as we had a match the next Tuesday (which we lost and in which he only lasted an hour). He's left on in games where he could be rested but subbed in games where we need him.

Agree. I'm all for the manager to make the subs decisions that he sees fit to make but sometimes Mr Philip Brown has me scratching my head as to why he does (and why he doesn't) make use of the subs available.

I think he's been strangely used again this season.

He's only been given 90 minutes twice this season - both matches that we won 2-0.

I think a number of players have been used strangely so far, seems like PB is still unsure about a number of things, proves one thing though, we have versatility in the squad

Its great how we all see things differently . Personally I don't understand how people can not rate Barry Corr, in the same way as that they do not know why many of us rate him . A lot of the issues are around the use of language and people make black/white arguments, when the reality is that BBBC supporters are very aware of his weaknesses, and don't think that he is the new Messiah. I get as annoyed as anyone when he clearly fouls a player when it wasn't needed, I also get annoyed when he wins a knock down and no one is there ! (not his fault) However we do think that for SUFC he has been a success. I am sure that others can add to the below , but here are some (mostly) facts which illustrate IMO why many of us rat him

· 138 apps -48 goals
· 21 goals in first season
· Came back from injury when written off by most supporters – and scores on come back
· Comes in for training an hour before everyone else so Clarkson can work on him (this is from last season- don’t know if still true)
· Clearly plays when in pain and always gives 100% effort
· ‘Gets booked a lot’ has been proven to be inaccurate
· Scored against Creswell on Creswells return to Roots Hall
· One of our longest serving players

Swindon fans seemed to like him a bit as well
· http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=CORRBARR

Its great how we all see things differently . Personally I don't understand how people can not rate Barry Corr, in the same way as that they do not know why many of us rate him . A lot of the issues are around the use of language and people make black/white arguments, when the reality is that BBBC supporters are very aware of his weaknesses, and don't think that he is the new Messiah. I get as annoyed as anyone when he clearly fouls a player when it wasn't needed, I also get annoyed when he wins a knock down and no one is there ! (not his fault) However we do think that for SUFC he has been a success. I am sure that others can add to the below , but here are some (mostly) facts which illustrate IMO why many of us rat him

· 138 apps -48 goals
· Came back from injury when written off by most supporters – and scores on come back
· Comes in for training an hour before everyone else so Clarkson can work on him (this is from last season- don’t know if still true)

Why is that relevant, he has scored against better centre halves than Cresswell.

Why is that relevant, he has scored against better centre halves than Cresswell.

Like many I go to watch Southend in the often vain hope of being entertained. Returning players have a habit of doing well against us, an its a standing joke on here that a returning player always scores against - and Creswell as you will recall scored quite a few for us for a center back . Barry totally outplayed Creswell that night and like many I very much enjoyed the 'Creswell Creswell whats the score' chant. So not a massive point, but certainly something that I remember from last year that makes me smile- hence why its on the list

was not in side last night but we scored. his be(a)st days are gone. doubt he would get a move due to not passing fitness test with injuries. handy to have around but not first on team sheet and a replacement needs to b found.
Think the same could be said for Barnard imo.

Utter Garbage. What do you know about passing fitness tests?
Luckily Phil Brown picks the team and Barry will continue to be a big part of it.

· 138 apps -48 goals

and if he was as good as some on here demand he should be then he wouldn't be playing with a league two outfit!
release him tomorrow and at least a dozen clubs would be straight in for him.

Utter Garbage. What do you know about passing fitness tests?
Luckily Phil Brown picks the team and Barry will continue to be a big part of it.

i put it up as a possibility and it is. if barry continues to be the big part then we will struggle.

Back