• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After years of trying I have come to the very heavy and painful decision to end my marriage which is something that I do not do lightly and I wonderedvif any zoner was a (can not spell the word solicitor) ***** but my tablet can.
So in short i need help and advice on costs and what to do, how much it would cost and how to get a date with mrsblue now that OBL is taken.
Also I need help setting up another email address as she reads all my mails.
Many thanks in advance and mk and mad cryil dont even bother with your unfunny posts leave that to me.

Unfortunately Tone, the solicitor I used in Shoebury was dodgy and was struck off, so recommendations are out , it does depend in a way if it's all amicable and the solicitor is just going to be there to legalise things or if it "gets a bit heated" and the solicitors are doing the arguing.
Mine solicitor was a lot more expensive than my exes , but I came out considerably nearer my starting point than she did.

I think the legal stuff may depend on where you will be, too, I don't know if French marital law is different or if you can only dissolve a marriage in its original country.

All the best

No idea if this is one of your jokes or not Tony, assuming it's not, I'm sorry to hear this as you've always seemed to have a jolly sort of marriage.

I can also not offer much help, I used Jefferies, and went through three case solicitors while there and it cost me a 5 figure fortune :sad:

Last edited:
The easiest way to set up a new email address is probably to use Google's gmail.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

It's pretty straightforward and will give you an email address immediately after you have completed the set-up.

I don't have any experience in the other stuff you're having to face, but good luck mate.

If you are playing silly buggers then you got me. If not then Harvey Coppin & Harrison in Market Place, Wickford sorted mine and kept the price down but that does depend on how complex its going to be, property, kids, maintanance etc etc. Mine was pretty straight forward and cost about £450 but that was 21 odd years ago. I still use them when I need them and they have always been very good.

Sorry to hear this news Tony
Gmail is good for getting a new email account.

Cheers kids, been a lobg time coming and im not good on the tinternet thing so I dobt want to hash it up.
Can I not just change jy pass word?

Cheers kids, been a lobg time coming and im not good on the tinternet thing so I dobt want to hash it up.
Can I not just change jy pass word?

That will do the trick. If you are accessing your mail from a shared computer make sure your browser or email client doesn't save the password.

Thatim thinking a new account but I struggled with gmailwill do the trick. If you are accessing your mail from a shared computer make sure your browser or email client doesn't save the password.
It does save the password so I think new account is way forward but I stuggled with gmail, im not tech savvy but I didvonce paste a link to prove londonblue was an idiot.

Keep the old account going and use it for the nice stuff so any "visitor" checking on you will be kept sweet.
Open a new account, yahoo for example, and use that for the "business/private" stuff.
Keep a good watch on your phone apps.
Put password on your account on any shared computer.
Think, prepare for the worse and play fair, honest for the best.
Best regards. MG

Mad CyrSamsung888291 said:
Do you have a devicit and change it or try to but will this stop my mails being read on her devices for sole use like phone or tablet?

I have an old Samsung tablet but my orange home page is not on here.
I will ask her for the password as I dont know It and try and change it but will that stop her being able to read my mails on her phobe/ipad?

[QUOTEibastar.dss biring fir mist but it helps getting it off my gairy chestMacycleis she is very stespecially Iorn and very angry and doesnt want a divorceo Giovannis im a thici;1888292]Keep the old account going and use it for the nice stuff so any "visitor" checking on you will be kept sweet.
Open a new account, yahoo for example, and use that for the "business/private" stuff.
Keep a good watch on your phone apps.
Put password on your account on any shared computer.
Think, prepare for the worse and play fair, honest for the best.
Best regards. MG[/QUOTE]
The trouble I have MG is that im a thick fat and ugly builder who knows naff all about this kind of stuff because she always did it all, oh and im lazy as well.
I dont have a phone so apps are safe.
I am being very fery honest with her and very fair.
She does not want me at the restaurant (which is still number one) so my poor 17 yr old son is working his nsds off during his holiday.
The problem is she is very stubborn and very angry and does not listen and I have hand on heart tried everything in my power to make it work and all I can see now is a person that has taken me for granted over the years and I have to stop it once and for all for my healths sake and that of the kids and hopefully to make her became a better person and not like her mother.
All your help has been great especially as I gave nithing and now im stuck innthe middle of nowhere with no transport.
I had to cycle fir a hour yesterday to do a gite changeover and not having been on a bike for ocer 30 years it killed me but she did get me some shopping which was the most effortbshe has shown towards me in months.
Sorry If this us boring for most if you but it really helps getting it off my hairy chest, but I do feel a bit barna and rob noxiousish me me me.
Cheers bastar.ds

As I've said many times before, the Zone was a massive place of support and refuge for me during the difficult time of my divorce. Don't feel in any way embarrassed at seeking it out to let a bit of stress off your chest or to seek some advice.

I just remembered that several of my work colleagues all recommended the same divorce lawyer to anther colleague recently. She's supposed to be brilliant. http://www.pearlbaker-solicitors.co.uk/

Tone, you old barst -- we are all here to help a fellow Shrimper --- if you struggle to get a new email address let us know as anyone can do you one and give you the details ( name and password ) and you can change the password to suit yourself.

I hope you come out of it better than I did.
Still Skint of Shoebury.

mitsmaterialistic15 said:
Tone, you old barst -- we are all here to help a fellow Shrimper --- if you struggle to get a new email address let us know as anyone can do you one and give you the details ( name and password ) and you can change the password to suit yourself.

I hope you come out of it better than I did.
Still Skint of Shoebury.

Cheers I will try later and if I fail I will ask im sure cyril will sort me out in a non sexual way.
She doesnt want a divorce as she is a bit deluded at the mo, 53 and all that but im not prepared to be treated like poo any more even though I love and adore the bones of her.
Im not a materialist person and have nothing and will always put her and the kids first so when she leaves the restaurant I will prepare my house for them and move into a clients house and renovate it labour free.
Alas she is a lovely person but takes the wee wee out of every one but not me any more.
I think Its sad that im the one being treated badly and im the one trying to make her feel better, madness I tells ya madness.

She doesnt want a divorce as she is a bit deluded at the mo, 53 and all that but im not prepared to be treated like poo any more even though I love and adore the bones of her.

From what you're saying here she doesn't want a divorce and you love and adore the bones of her. Why not give counselling a try for the both of you, or mediation if that helps. It will probably be painful for the pair of you, but it might also help you both realise what you are about to lose.

From what you're saying here she doesn't want a divorce and you love and adore the bones of her. Why not give counselling a try for the both of you, or mediation if that helps. It will probably be painful for the pair of you, but it might also help you both realise what you are about to lose.

I'm told counselling or mediation, is now a compulsory part of the divorce practice here in the UK. I thank God it wasn't when I did mine!

[QUin shortm cutting offin my pocketjyTE=Rootshallbldepresimemotionallis buying me a van on ebay and no one does anythine1888645]From what you're sin thein the docsis teaching me a lesson,ing heIe she doesn't want a divorce and you love and adore the bones of her. Why not give counselling a try for the both of you, or mediation if that helps. It will probably be painful for the pair of you, but it might also help you both realise what you are about to lose.[/QUOTE]

Good point well put but I have tried everything I can over a number of years with me being the one that suffers to attemptbto get her to open her eyes and long story short and of course there are two sides to every story last november we were all living at the restaurant ant I suffer from depression on and off sometimes bad sometimes mild.
First she knew of this wascwhen we were sitting In the docs together and I asked the doc for some anti d tablets, afterwards I asjed the wife for help getting me back to work as I hadnt worked for around 4 months, I got none, in fact she said for her to cope with it would be easier if I was in a wheelchair
I only knew I had depression because I had kidney stones and I was on morphine and kettamine for the pain and I wanted to work.
Anyhow fast forward and I had enough of getting nothing from her and I left the home and splet on two cushions for two weeks hoping to make her change, no joy, at one stage after a grand cry fest and open talk she left me on my cushions broken but hey hoe we cracked on
Fast forward to novemeber last year, I was way bad and eating my self to death so I took my self off home and in three days I got myself back to normal and sugar levels the best ever.
So I rock up and say hi Im back and she tells me she cant put up with it any more so off I trot back home lost and lonely with nothing, turns out she could put up with me promising to tile the small kitchen and not doing it, my bad.
So christmass and hew year on my own not allowed at the restaurant because she Is teaching me a lesson but on the 26th of dec she comes around and tells me she has been angry but now understands why I left, dirty sex and back to normal.
So I get nothing from her emotionally or sexualy but I di everything I can for her and two months ago I get fed uo and come up withnthis great plan to treat her like she treats me.
So for two konths I do and it turns out its thecworse two konths of her lifecahd then tuesday it all bliws up and its over.
Consuling would not work because she can not listen or hear, she takes the wee wee with everyone and canot see it and telling her the truth in front of some one else would cause her massive pain.
So im cutting off my arm to save the rest of my body, all I want/need is to be loved, not much to ask but for her alas it is.
I hafe 400 euros im my pocket no transport and I live in the middle of no where, the bike I have ridden twice has a puncture, but im happy.
I jyst spent ten minutes sobbing my heart out because a client is buying me a van on ebay and no obe ever does anything for me ever, I do stuff for others, I really am doobi the house elf.
So in short no going back im doing this for me and her and for my dad who had a rubbish 2nd marriage and for my father in law who is the most hen pecked soul I have ever know.
Plus I know her so well and yes she would say sorry ahd yes she would change but after two weeks I would ge back to veing doobi again

Back