• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bringing the Mrs to football.

Options Options Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
This week Mrs DtS will be making her first and potentially her only apperance at Roots Hall. No she is not playing for Cheltenham but will be coming with me to see the super Blues.

Having taken ex-birds to Roots Hall I have always found it to be quite a painful experience as they are either bored senseless or ask stupid question like "What colour do we play in" or "Why cant Dave McSweeney pass to anyone on our side":mad: .

As a rule do the men on this board think its a good thing to involve the Mrs in football or not. She has been nagging me for months to let her come along.

I am also contemplating bringing her into the Spread before the game and really biting the bullett.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to make this a good experience all round or even any horror stories about bringing a bird to the football.

Please recall when voting that Mrs DtS will have to sit within three seats of Ldn Fatso and his potty mouth.

Thanks
DtS

my girlfriend has been to about 10games... all wins

contributions to a season ticket are much appreciated!

Dragged my ex to a couple of games - notably MK away (and that's why we split!)

I had to repay the favour and take her to West Brom v Bolton which was the DULLEST Premier$hite game I have ever seen.

My Mrs wouldn't value a trip to the Spread but has been to a fair few Southend games.

Other ex's however, probably would have been OK with a trip to meet everybody before the game though, so I guess you know best how your woman will react!

This coming from a girl, I think it's fine as long as she likes football. You didnt say if she liked footie or not, Dave.

If she don't, she's always got 22 men to lust over for 90 mins, and then you'll know never to take her again :D

This coming from a girl, I think it's fine as long as she likes football. You didnt say if she liked footie or not, Dave.

If she don't, she's always got 22 men to lust over for 90 mins :D

including...

10_a.jpg

thumb.jpg

_41250117_mattharrold_bees_emp203.jpg

sexy!!!!

Mrs Uxbridge has come to plenty of games with me over the years. I wouldn't take her along if I was planning a big sesh pre and post match, but there have been times when I've even felt confident enough to bring her in to the Spread and introduce her to Cricko.

Mrs Uxbridge has come to plenty of games with me over the years. I wouldn't take her along if I was planning a big sesh pre and post match, but there have been times when I've even felt confident enough to bring her in to the Spread and introduce her to Cricko.

Hide his Werthers Originals and she's safe.

Ive dragged the other half to a couple of away games and its been okay. Funnily enough we were talking about it last night as we pulled Oxford out of the hat and she exclaimed "i've been there havent I, there was no atmosphere".
But it reminded me of the time we went to Oxford to watch another defeat in a team that included both Bramble and Rawle - obviously we were shocking and half way through the second half, and in relation to both of them she said "they are sh!t. What they should do is take Bramble off and move Rawle upfront and get someone else to play down the wing"... the guy infront of us turned around around and gave a real look of "your a bird, what the **** do you know about anything". Anyway 5 minutes later that exact subsitution took place.
Obviously i took full credit as it must have been the months of me telling her Bramble was sh!t leading up to the game that swayed her (Sorry Kev, he was sh!t).

Mrs. the Shrimp has been once, to see us draw 0-0 with York, in January 2003.

It was freezing cold, Drewe fell over a lot, Leon Constantine looked disinterested, and nothing happened for 90 minutes. Nothing.

She's never been back.

Pick the game with care if you want her to keep coming along, rather than for her to begrudge every visit you make on the basis that she's been once, seen how sh*t it was with her own eyes, and therefore struggles with the concept of why you'd want to spend an afternoon watching "that rubbish" rather than spend it with her...

:eek: :cry: :thump:

During pregnancy is the best time due to the pram shop opposite,get there early,go check out the store,and pick up some baby brochures to look at in case the match gets boring.

Last time I did that was in 1998, lost 0-1 to Doncaster in the FA Cup, even I started looking at the pram brochures.

Also, Dave how do you manage to sit near her? So many season tickets these days makes it tricky to take occassional fans and get them seated next to you.

Mrs. the Shrimp has been once, to see us draw 0-0 with York, in January 2003.

It was freezing cold, Drewe fell over a lot, Leon Constantine looked disinterested, and nothing happened for 90 minutes. Nothing.

She's never been back.

Pick the game with care if you want her to keep coming along, rather than for her to begrudge every visit you make on the basis that she's been once, seen how sh*t it was with her own eyes, and therefore struggles with the concept of why you'd want to spend an afternoon watching "that rubbish" rather than spend it with her...

:eek: :cry: :thump:

No wonder you like Drewe. He's given you freedom on a Saturday afternoon.

If she don't, she's always got 22 men to lust over for 90 mins, and then you'll know never to take her again :D

She is getting into it and even watch Torquay vs Yeovil last week.

Back