• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bye Bye Fossets Farm

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
It would appear this is not going ahead...

we are concentrating on reducing debt, not investing in the hope that it will in years to come pay the money back.

RM wants to see a higher average attendance at the hall and us playing in a higher league before such a move can go ahead.

He plans to give Tilly some spending dollar if we get out of this division and see us consolidate in the league above before a move can become realistic.

surprise, surprise...im shocked, i really am!!!..

laugh.gif

Can't say I'm surprised by this. The club were supposed to announce something in the summer, in November they said something was just around the corner and still nothing.

Perhaps at least we could buy our home back now...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:01)]It would appear this is not going ahead...

we are concentrating on reducing debt, not investing in the hope that it will in years to come pay the money back.

RM wants to see a higher average attendance at the hall and us playing in a higher league before such a move can go ahead.

He plans to give Tilly some spending dollar if we get out of this division and see us consolidate in the league above before a move can become realistic.
Source?

It's not official is it? RM and GK are meeting the new CE to sound him out re FF. The only way FF is not going ahead is if Delancey and RM fail to agree on a price for SEL.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,16:13)]It's not official is it? RM and GK are meeting the new CE to sound him out re FF. The only way FF is not going ahead is if Delancey and RM fail to agree on a price for SEL.
Not yet Naps... i wouldn't say that is the only way it is going to happen. Ron appears to have had a re-think... can't name the source i am afraid... only a few people within the club would know the person anyway...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,16:13)]It's not official is it? RM and GK are meeting the new CE to sound him out re FF. The only way FF is not going ahead is if Delancey and RM fail to agree on a price for SEL.
Not yet Naps... i wouldn't say that is the only way it is going to happen. Ron appears to have had a re-think... can't name the source i am afraid... only a few people within the club would know the person anyway...
Hmmm. I get stick for not naming sources and yet you claim it's "official".

Ron will only have had a rethink if he's had some pressure applied from his creditors or he believes he can actually create liquidity from RH.

Is it Dave the kitman?

But the whole development has been given the go-ahead, so what is going to take the place of the stadium?

RM must be fairly confident that we can keep RH then without Delancey calling the debt in and redeveloping it.

Something doesn't ring true here... I didn't think it was the sort of thing we had much choice over...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
Hmmm. I get stick for not naming sources and yet you claim it's "official".

Ron will only have had a rethink if he's had some pressure applied from his creditors or he believes he can actually create liquidity from RH.

Is it Dave the kitman?
I am not saying either way... when i say official, i mean i heard it from a source that would suggest it is official... it is official but not worldwide news just yet...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ Mar. 21 2005,16:25)]if this is true then the north bank debate will be back with a vengance
This is something that I want the fans to realise as well... anyway lets avoid that topic for now... that has too much coverage... not every year but every month now...

I'm putting two and two together and coming up with 8 million

IF this is true- then RM has ceded his prime bargaining tool and let Delancey have the estate at FF. Delancey then reduce the debt we owe them and RM has the club for a lot cheaper than he bargained.

Delancey can build what they like at FF, providing the council dont object.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 21 2005,16:22)]But the whole development has been given the go-ahead, so what is going to take the place of the stadium?

RM must be fairly confident that we can keep RH then without Delancey calling the debt in and redeveloping it.

Something doesn't ring true here... I didn't think it was the sort of thing we had much choice over...
do you think we can keep Roots Hall? more flats in its place... or housing
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,16:27)]I'm putting two and two together and coming up with 8 million

IF this is true- then RM has ceded his prime bargaining tool and let Delancey have the estate at FF. Delancey then reduce the debt we owe them and RM has the club for a lot cheaper than he bargained.

Delancey can build what they like at FF, providing the council dont object.
there we go... sounds not too far away from some of the tripe i have heard going on...

Back