• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bye Bye Fossets Farm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Mar. 22 2005,10:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 22 2005,07:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 22 2005,08:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2005,00:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Mar. 22 2005,00:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2005,00:01)]Hull and Plymouth ...

WS
isnt canterbury, chelmsford, lancaster and gloucester all known as cities know and they have never had a team in the top flight. what about cardiff?
I believe it's off a certain size ... Oh! I dunno ... why have a go at me ... I'm tired ... I'm sleepy ... I'm ... ZZzzzzzzzz
Maybe Hull are the largest city never to have had a top flight team... I can't recall exactly but there is some really boring bit of trivia like that about them...

Whatever... it's not crucial
Maybe they are the largest city beginning with the letter 'H', nicknamed 'The Tigers', managed by Peter Taylor... never to have been in the top flight.

Prove me wrong there.

rock.gif
Hull is the largest City in Europe that has never had a team in the top flight, IIRC...
That's the one!

Cheers SOTSU

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 22 2005,12:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Mar. 22 2005,10:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 22 2005,07:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 22 2005,08:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2005,00:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Mar. 22 2005,00:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2005,00:01)]Hull and Plymouth ...

WS
isnt canterbury, chelmsford, lancaster and gloucester all known as cities know and they have never had a team in the top flight. what about cardiff?
I believe it's off a certain size ... Oh! I dunno ... why have a go at me ... I'm tired ... I'm sleepy ... I'm ... ZZzzzzzzzz
Maybe Hull are the largest city never to have had a top flight team... I can't recall exactly but there is some really boring bit of trivia like that about them...

Whatever... it's not crucial
Maybe they are the largest city beginning with the letter 'H', nicknamed 'The Tigers', managed by Peter Taylor... never to have been in the top flight.

Prove me wrong there.

rock.gif
Hull is the largest City in Europe that has never had a team in the top flight, IIRC...
That's the one!

Cheers SOTSU
Hull is a sh*t hole Fact
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 22 2005,09:27)]I'm not going to come to any conclusions on how true this story is until we get an Official Announcement.

Now a lot of people have mentioned throughout this thread the possibility/viability of redeveloping RH, and then commented that it would be held back because of the cost & lack of funds available from The Football Foundation etc whereas a new stadium would be eligible for such grants.  In last months Four Four Two there was a small interview with Barry Hearn who commented that for Orient's new £10m stand he has only had to find a total of £1.5m, the rest coming from other various sources including The FF.  In fact, I think he goes on to say that when Birdbrain Rd is fully redeveloped into a 10,000 all seater at a total cost of £25m he will only have put in approx 1/5 of that amount (some of which being generated by having Bellway flats built in each corner of the stadium).

Does anybody know how he's managed to qualify for this funding & if it is possible for them, why Ron & SUFC could not investigate doing the same?  Obviously, the additional income available from being in a new stadium is something that we would lose out on if RH was redeveloped, but I think as long as we have a club, all options need to be fully investigated & costed.
I saw an article on Borient's ground redevelopment at the weekend.  Basically, Hearn bought Birdbrain Road from the local council for £1, then sold off the four corners for housing for £7.5m.  Additional grants from what was the Football Trust topped this amount up to £9.5m leaving Hearn to find £0.5m for the initial £10m development costs.

The office space (25,000 sq ft) in the new West Stand is expected to produce rent of £500,000 pa so he'll brake even after year one.  Overall, the office and other space is expected to produce extra revenue of £750k pa.  Hearn says this will all be used to subsidise the team.  We shall see!

In terms of grants available, I don't think there is any difference between what is available if you move ground and if you redevelop an existing ground.  In the post Hillsborough years the Football Trust (who were funded by levies on the Pools) would pay something like 80% of the costs subject to certain limits.  There must be a website with some up to date info on what's available.

What makes a new ground more viable than redeveloping the existing ground is that a new ground tends to be built on cheap land (and free in the case of some clubs) from the proceeds of selling the current ground which is on a relatively expensive town centre site.  Hence, redeveloping Roots Hall is not viable unless we can magic up £10m+ from somewhere to cover the cost of buying back RH and then rebuilding it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,13:24)] Hence, redeveloping Roots Hall is not viable unless we can magic up £10+ from somewhere to cover the cost of buying back RH and then rebuilding it.
I'll pay a fiver towards that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,13:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 22 2005,09:27)]I'm not going to come to any conclusions on how true this story is until we get an Official Announcement.

Now a lot of people have mentioned throughout this thread the possibility/viability of redeveloping RH, and then commented that it would be held back because of the cost & lack of funds available from The Football Foundation etc whereas a new stadium would be eligible for such grants.  In last months Four Four Two there was a small interview with Barry Hearn who commented that for Orient's new £10m stand he has only had to find a total of £1.5m, the rest coming from other various sources including The FF.  In fact, I think he goes on to say that when Birdbrain Rd is fully redeveloped into a 10,000 all seater at a total cost of £25m he will only have put in approx 1/5 of that amount (some of which being generated by having Bellway flats built in each corner of the stadium).

Does anybody know how he's managed to qualify for this funding & if it is possible for them, why Ron & SUFC could not investigate doing the same?  Obviously, the additional income available from being in a new stadium is something that we would lose out on if RH was redeveloped, but I think as long as we have a club, all options need to be fully investigated & costed.
I saw an article on Borient's ground redevelopment at the weekend.  Basically, Hearn bought Birdbrain Road from the local council for £1, then sold off the four corners for housing for £7.5m.  Additional grants from what was the Football Trust topped this amount up to £9.5m leaving Hearn to find £0.5m for the initial £10m development costs.

The office space (25,000 sq ft) in the new West Stand is expected to produce rent of £500,000 pa so he'll brake even after year one.  Overall, the office and other space is expected to produce extra revenue of £750k pa.  Hearn says this will all be used to subsidise the team.  We shall see!

In terms of grants available, I don't think there is any difference between what is available if you move ground and if you redevelop an existing ground.  In the post Hillsborough years the Football Trust (who were funded by levies on the Pools) would pay something like 80% of the costs subject to certain limits.  There must be a website with some up to date info on what's available.

What makes a new ground more viable than redeveloping the existing ground is that a new ground tends to be built on cheap land (and free in the case of some clubs) from the proceeds of selling the current ground which is on a relatively expensive town centre site.  Hence, redeveloping Roots Hall is not viable unless we can magic up £10+ from somewhere to cover the cost of buying back RH and then rebuilding it.
Thanks for clearing that one up!

Hearn defintely has done some wheeler-dealering to come up with the funds for their ground improvements (the £1 a year rent on a 99 year lease being particularly impressive). He just needs to find another 6,500 mugs to fill it regularly now
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 22 2005,13:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,13:24)] Hence, redeveloping Roots Hall is not viable unless we can magic up £10+ from somewhere to cover the cost of buying back RH and then rebuilding it.
Tight arse
biggrin.gif
I'll go £50. Come on chaps, only another £9,999,945 to find.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,13:40)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,13:24)] Hence, redeveloping Roots Hall is not viable unless we can magic up £10+ from somewhere to cover the cost of buying back RH and then rebuilding it.
Tight arse
biggrin.gif
no no. I think you'll find you only need another fiver.

Can't imagine a tenner would do much though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 22 2005,14:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,13:24)] Hence, redeveloping Roots Hall is not viable unless we can magic up £10+ from somewhere to cover the cost of buying back RH and then rebuilding it.
Tight arse  
biggrin.gif
 I'll go £50.  Come on chaps, only another £9,999,945 to find.
no no.  I think you'll find you only need another fiver.

Ok, ok, some people are just far too sharp. Original post edited although it would have been nice to redevelop RH 5 times over for our £50.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 22 2005,14:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 22 2005,14:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Tight arse
biggrin.gif
no no. I think you'll find you only need another fiver.

Ok, ok, some people are just far too sharp. Original post edited although it would have been nice to redevelop RH 5 times over for our £50.

biggrin.gif
You could have a few lego RHs for that.

biggrin.gif

Everyone loves lego.

And we'd still get more fans than orient!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 22 2005,13:29)]I'll pay a fiver towards that.
That will be the first time you've paid a fiver towards anything  
rock.gif

wink.gif

Back