• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bye Bye Fossets Farm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 21 2005,17:22)]But the whole development has been given the go-ahead, so what is going to take the place of the stadium?

RM must be fairly confident that we can keep RH then without Delancey calling the debt in and redeveloping it.

Something doesn't ring true here... I didn't think it was the sort of thing we had much choice over...
Exactly. If correct, this news means we (or someone) needs to quickly magic up several million to buy Roots Hall back or we will need to start paying a proper commercial rent. I would have thought the former as we are dealing with property developers here - if they can't develop RH they'll want to realise their investment and move on to the next development. I can't believe RM is going down this path as he doesn't have the money to buy back RH or does he?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,17:20)]Ron will only have had a rethink if he's had some pressure applied from his creditors or he believes he can actually create liquidity from RH.
Which he can't because of the covenant on RH unless he can redevelop RH to bring in some non-football revenue but with us still playing there, ala Barry Hearn and Borient.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 21 2005,16:22)]But the whole development has been given the go-ahead, so what is going to take the place of the stadium?

RM must be fairly confident that we can keep RH then without Delancey calling the debt in and redeveloping it.

Something doesn't ring true here... I didn't think it was the sort of thing we had much choice over...
do you think we can keep Roots Hall? more flats in its place... or housing  
sad.gif
That's exactly my point... there is no alternative to FF for a stadium other than Roots Hall. RH is earmarked for development - either flats or housing.

RM is not behaving like a man who is going to let the club lose it's home. There must be something else; something we don't yet know about, perhaps, or there is a way we can redevelop the Hall. The major drawback to this (several years ago, mind) is that you could get all sorts of grants to build a new stadium but not to re-deveop the exisiting one.

So what's changed then?

You don't sign players on 3 year deals if you think a creditor is going to pull the rug, so to speak. So something is definitely up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 21 2005,17:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]if this is true then the north bank debate will be back with a vengance
oooohhhhhh yes
biggrin.gif
Right, I'm off!!!
biggrin.gif

I'd rather get something more concrete through. At the moment, this is all based on hearsay, albeit through a short chain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,17:27)]I'm putting two and two together and coming up with 8 million

IF this is true- then RM has ceded his prime bargaining tool and let Delancey have the estate at FF. Delancey then reduce the debt we owe them and RM has the club for a lot cheaper than he bargained.

Delancey can build what they like at FF, providing the council dont object.
Sounds unlikely, wasn't the retail/commercial development at FF linked in with our new stadium?  If so, the Council will probably not be too keen to grant Delancey planning permission on FF.  This would make FF fairly worthless to them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:37)]well... i don't know how long we have been planning exactly to re-locate but this makes interesting reading...

House of Commons - Speech
We've been trying to move since the mid eighties...

And I bet your "source" will be thrilled at you... this will open an almighty can of worms now, and re-introduce the club to the turmoil and uncertainty I thought we had left behind for a while. There are many people on this board who I'll bet won't let this lie, and if that causes uproar OFF the pitch, then you can bet results will follow suit.

So, if we now lose out on promotion and the ldv, it will be your fault...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 21 2005,16:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:37)]well... i don't know how long we have been planning exactly to re-locate but this makes interesting reading...

House of Commons - Speech
We've been trying to move since the mid eighties...

And I bet your "source" will be thrilled at you... this will open an almighty can of worms now, and re-introduce the club to the turmoil and uncertainty I thought we had left behind for a while.  There are many people on this board who I'll bet won't let this lie, and if that causes uproar OFF the pitch, then you can bet results will follow suit.

So, if we now lose out on promotion and the ldv, it will be your fault...
it is a small price to pay for the news flash
down.gif

i sincerely hope we win the league we move to fossets farm we pay off all the debts and we are in the premier league soon rather than later...

Fear not I sense promotion...
smile.gif

IF and its a big IF this is true, then im very worried, what stops Delancey getting there hands on RH next year ?

We lose a decent bit of land to build a stadium on and at the same time remain very insecure financially.

I don't like the way Uncle Ron is going about this and when will we get a fans forum to speak to him about FF in general.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 21 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,16:13)]It's not official is it? RM and GK are meeting the new CE to sound him out re FF. The only way FF is not going ahead is if Delancey and RM fail to agree on a price for SEL.
Not yet Naps... i
So why say "it's official" if it isn't yet?!

WS

Re-develop Roots Hall. Turn it around 90 degrees so the West Stand becomes one end of the ground?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:15)]Re-develop Roots Hall. Turn it around 90 degrees so the West Stand becomes one end of the ground?

WS
As Mike points out why cant we just re-develop the hall..

Obviously due to lack of space there is nothing we can do about the South Stand unless of course the property is bought out behind it..

The west stand can be re-vamped with a cantilever type roof, getting rid of those pesky poles...

The North can easily be made into a two tier stand as can the East...

Obvoiusly its not that simple, but im sure it could be done and we could in theory increase the capacity to near on 20,000 which would be more than adequate..

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 21 2005,19:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:15)]Re-develop Roots Hall. Turn it around 90 degrees so the West Stand becomes one end of the ground?

WS

Obviously due to lack of space there is nothing we can do about the South Stand unless of course the property is bought out behind it..

The west stand can be re-vamped with a cantilever type roof, getting rid of those pesky poles...

Back in 1973, there were plans to replace the East Stand with a £1.1m two-tier cantilever stand but I suspect if we had gone down that route the cost might have put us out of business.

I also remember that there were preliminary plans for extending the North Bank back over the road behind the stand but it was found that the foundations wouldn't have survived any re-development (it was (is?) also said to be sinking) and the whole stand would have needed to be torn down and re-built.

I think spinning it 90 degrees would be an option ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:34)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:15)]Re-develop Roots Hall. Turn it around 90 degrees so the West Stand becomes one end of the ground?

WS

Back in 1973, there were plans to replace the East Stand with a £1.1m two-tier cantilever stand but I suspect if we had gone down that route the cost might have put us out of business.

I also remember that there were preliminary plans for extending the North Bank back over the road behind the stand but it was found that the foundations wouldn't have survived any re-development (it was (is?) also said to be sinking) and the whole stand would have needed to be torn down and re-built.

WS
Hmm spinning it 90 degrees...

So that would make the North and South stands the main stands as such..and leave a big gap between the pitch and the stands..

Would look a bit untidy, would it not..ala Luton, one side resembling a bus shelter..

If the North and South stands could be made larger then yes that would be an option..

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 21 2005,19:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:34)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS

WS
Hmm spinning it 90 degrees...

So that would make the North and South stands the main stands as such..and leave a big gap between the pitch and the stands..

Would look a bit untidy, would it not..ala Luton, one side resembling a bus shelter..

If the North and South stands could be made larger then yes that would be an option..

rock.gif
no they would redevelop the sides, However this was knocked on the head many years ago, again due to cost and that SUFC will only survive with other non football interests

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 21 2005,19:39)]Hmm spinning it 90 degrees...

rock.gif
No. You re-develop the stands so there will be no gap. In fact, you re-develop all four sides, a la Bournemouth (well they have three at the moment but you get the gist) ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:48)]
[b said:

rock.gif
No. You re-develop the stands so there will be no gap. In fact, you re-develop all four sides, a la Bournemouth (well they have three at the moment but you get the gist)  ...

WS
But why spin it round in the first place?.

Would it not be more cost effective to just keep the layout of the stadium the same but just re-develop the North and East stands, with maybe a few touch ups for the west?..

rock.gif

Working in the construction industry i would question the phasing of the redevelopment. Even if work began over the summer period you would be left with a much reduced capacity for the most part of a season. That reduced hurt revenue too much i think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 21 2005,19:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:48)]
[b said:

rock.gif
No. You re-develop the stands so there will be no gap. In fact, you re-develop all four sides, a la Bournemouth (well they have three at the moment but you get the gist)  ...

WS
But why spin it round in the first place?.

Would it not be more cost effective to just keep the layout of the stadium the same but just re-develop the North and East stands, with maybe a few touch ups for the west?..

rock.gif
It might be more cost effective to knock down the stands and start again so you might as well spin the pitch ...

WS

smile.gif

Back