• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bye Bye Fossets Farm

And then there's the cost.

As I said before, the main reason for not developing the Hall was because SUFC would have to pay.

With a new stadium, there are grants from the football trust and hopefully private investment from the other peripheral companies that might take the (planned) shop units in the base of the stadium.

Spinning it round was discussed years ago and we would have to ground share for probably 2 seasons whilst that was developed. It is a MASSIVE exercise and not only involves spinning the ground but also shifting it across to make full use of the land behind the North bank (which I don't think the club own anymore) and the car park.

Take the cost of demolishing the Hall, rebuilding a stadium and then paying rent to ground share and add to that the fact that we would have next to no income for two years?

We may as well shut the doors now...

And I don't think we can criticise RM for taking ANY action yet, Luke - we don't know what's in his mind (if anything) and personally I trust him. He hasn't let us down so far and I see no reason to see why he would do.

Oh well, it was an idea.

WS

wink.gif

Look at Root-Hall ground, there is NO room to devlop into an nice & tidy ground that hold 16,000 - even spinning it 90 degrees. If not for flats behind the South Stand, we would'nt need to move out. Parking is an problem at Root-Hall & hell if the match an sell out.

I have faith in Ron Martin, we will move to Fossett Farm by 2007 - hopefully in Championship. There is no NEED to spread stupid rumour about the ground problem while we are going for League & LDV double - talk about it at end of the season.

Indeed. This so-called "official" announcement hasn't even been confirmed yet. And so far we've not had any source for the original message.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 21 2005,19:02)]And then there's the cost.

As I said before, the main reason for not developing the Hall was because SUFC would have to pay.

With a new stadium, there are grants from the football trust and hopefully private investment from the other peripheral companies that might take the (planned) shop units in the base of the stadium.

Spinning it round was discussed years ago and we would have to ground share for probably 2 seasons whilst that was developed.  It is a MASSIVE exercise and not only involves spinning the ground but also shifting it across to make full use of the land behind the North bank (which I don't think the club own anymore) and the car park.

Take the cost of demolishing the Hall, rebuilding a stadium and then paying rent to ground share and add to that the fact that we would have next to no income for two years?

We may as well shut the doors now...

And I don't think we can criticise RM for taking ANY action yet, Luke - we don't know what's in his mind (if anything) and personally I trust him.  He hasn't let us down so far and I see no reason to see why he would do.
I don't doubt RH could be redeveloped if we had X amount of cash but can you imagine what that cost would be and there is only so much you can do with RH anyway.

Whilst i do trust RM, FF has always been a cloudy subject and im getting fed up of the secretacy, we were meant to have put in planning permission in the summer its now nearly a year on. I hope this is all crap but lets face it, we haven't heard anything good about FF for quite sometime ...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Mar. 21 2005,20:28)]we haven't heard anything good about FF for quite sometime ...
No we haven't, Luke, you're right ... and this may be the reason why. But there will no doubt be a lot more to the story that we can ever imagine so I think we should wait as patiently as we can until the club makes an official announcement ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2005,19:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Mar. 21 2005,20:28)]we haven't heard anything good about FF for quite sometime ...
No we haven't, Luke, you're right ... and this may be the reason why. But there will no doubt be a lot more to the story that we can ever imagine so I think we should wait as patiently as we can until the club makes an official announcement ...

WS
Indeed, yep until there is a announcement we cannot know for sure nor can we talk about it properly.

Still lets hope we arn't waiting another year for a announcement
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 21 2005,20:02)]And I don't think we can criticise RM for taking ANY action yet, Luke - we don't know what's in his mind (if anything) and personally I trust him. He hasn't let us down so far and I see no reason to see why he would do.
Spot on. Sure, Tilly and Brush have been doing a great job but the way in which the club is run since RM's been there is so much more professional than before. I know success breings in bigger crowds but better crowds than we had at times in the first division? That requires excellent management.

Also, let's bear in mind that he has just extended a three year contract and a fee to Luke Guttridge and, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he have quite a lot to lose should the club discontinue or perform poorly?

That said, I'd love an official statement on the position of the new developments, particularly as it is so crucial for the continuity of the football club.

Also, as the description was modified, could we get rid of those annoying upper case 'Y's in the title if this is going to continue being a hot topic?!!!

The worrying thing here is if we don't develop FF and something else is built there, there is little room for improvement on RH, is RM thinking of moving the club out of Southend?

Did we ever look into the site at the end of Maplin Way where Thorpe Bay Golf Club are looking to re-locate to?! From what i can tell, that wont be happening ... and there's a hell a lot of room there. (plus i live about 2 minutes away)

biggrin.gif

Re-develope RH?
rock.gif
No, I don't think so...
wink.gif

I suspect we will still go to FF, but it will not happen until 2007/8. This gives RM sufficient time to assess where the club is going, bring in more money (hopefully) through the club's successes on/off the pitch.

Let's get promotion to League 1 next year, another decent run in the LDV and hopefully the FACup.

Still no confirmation of the source then?
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I would have to say that this sounds like a load of old balls with no real evidence or substance.

I'd say that too. I'd even go further and say that it sounds like a lot of Bow Locks. Nice rumour though
biggrin.gif

i know there is probably other factors as to why hull city have a new ground like the rugby and council backing etc but look at the club, they strated to move in the right direction during the development of the kc stadium and are on the verge of 2 successive promotions not long after nearly being relegated out of the football league and facing financial problems. they were averaging less than 5,000 then all of a sudden it goes upto 12,000 average attendance whilst still being in division 3. i wonder how they got an extra 7,000 fans. this increases gate revenue and will lead onto higher advertsing and sponsership revenue. the wage cap goes up, players want to play for you in a lovely new ground such as nick barmby and leon corts main reason for leaving us and going to hull was the stadium and being higher up in the league.

fossetts farm can be a really good thing, we should stick with the idea and it could bring us more success. we will be the pride of essex unlike col ewe and their new stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Mar. 21 2005,23:03)]i know there is probably other factors as to why hull city have a new ground like the rugby and council backing etc but look at the club, they strated to move in the right direction during the development of the kc stadium and are on the verge of 2 successive promotions not long after nearly being relegated out of the football league and facing financial problems. they were averaging less than 5,000 then all of a sudden it goes upto 12,000 average attendance whilst still being in division 3. i wonder how they got an extra 7,000 fans. this increases gate revenue and will lead onto higher advertsing and sponsership revenue. the wage cap goes up, players want to play for you in a lovely new ground such as nick barmby and leon corts main reason for leaving us and going to hull was the stadium and being higher up in the league.

fossetts farm can be a really good thing, we should stick with the idea and it could bring us more success. we will be the pride of essex unlike col ewe and their new stadium
In fairness, the fact that Hull is about twice the size of Southend also has a bearing on it. I think they are the only city NOT to have ever had a team in the top flight... or some boring bit of trivia like that...

Back