• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Captain for this season

H
Never said it was a joke. If he is fit he does have all the credentials to be a captain. What’s happened in the past is exactly that the past and as MM said everyone has a clean slate. I am looking at the current squad and there are not many standouts in ther eon contracts till the end of the season.

Harry Lennon should never be captain, end of.

Harry Phillips is our new Kevin Maher*.

He's also the only player under contract for next season.

*He plays the same position, has been here for ever and is comfortable on the ball and always open.
Yeah, but has he got a proper haircut?

Not being sarcastic, but just wondering what credentials he has to be captain? I genuinely haven’t seen anything that makes me think that.

He isn’t experienced, doesn’t strike me as someone who commands respect from the rest of the squad and I don’t think he’s a particularly good reader of the game. I never quite got the hype for him. Incredibly injury prone and looked like he had at least one howler per game in him.

I think we’re really scraping the barrel with captaincy choices here. I trust Molesley to recognise that and get a good experienced leader in. We’re desperate for it and it’s been a big contributor to the performances on the pitch the last few years.
He hasnt captained a first team i do not believe but from what I have been told he is a natural leader in that he is a good motivator and lifts people etc. As I say base don the current squad with contracts till the end of next season there are no standouts, so wouldnt surprise me if he got it if he was fit enough to play the season (big if)

So not a clean slate for Harry Lennon then. Good to see early buy in from fans for MM.

Clean slate from me and I was really ****ed off with his actions after Dover. I’ve got over it and if he can pull on the shirt and give 100% week in week out then he gets my full backing.

I'm willing to let Lennon give peace a chance. But if we go out in the latter stages of the FA Cup and I see him doing TikToks down the boozer, ****ed up on Desperadoes wearing beautiful bespoke SUFC Hummel training gear then I'll back MM in any internal disciplinary action that is taken.

I'm willing to let Lennon give peace a chance. But if we go out in the latter stages of the FA Cup and I see him doing TikToks down the boozer, ****ed up on Desperadoes wearing beautiful bespoke SUFC Hummel training gear then I'll back MM in any internal disciplinary action that is taken.
Imagine!?

Maybe JW but given 6 month contract i am going to say Harry Lennon or Demi if HL isnt fit for the start of the season.

I think Harry Lennon as Captain is not a bad shout, if he stays clear of injury's,.
He has that physical make up and a want to win mentality, which could be helped by MM.
This could make him the player he has the potential to become. As we have all seen in all too fleeting cameo's.

I think Harry Lennon as Captain is not a bad shout, if he stays clear of injury's,.
He has that physical make up and a want to win mentality, which could be helped by MM.
This could make him the player he has the potential to become. As we have all seen in all too fleeting cameo's.

There is definitely a player in there somewhere. Has all the attributes in height, strength and pace, and is naturally left footed which gives balance to the back four. Hopefully MM can unlock the code to keep him fit, focused and consistent.

Interesting line on Lennon from Molesley after today’s friendly. Says he is going to be big player for us, wonder if he sees him as the captain?

I do think its going to be Harry Lennon. As long as he is fit quite soon.
Would be my choice strong, big, and can organise from the back.
There is a very good player in there, and i think Captain could be the making of him.
Some players thrive on being made Captain, other's duck away. A good Manager can see that.
Too me after the bad press and some abuse from his own fans, after Fatling Gate.
This is just what Southend United and Harry need.

Last edited:
Back