• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car Buying advice - Citroen C5/Vauxhall Insignia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but me and my family have purchased over 50 cars from main dealers with no problems.

Dealership's sell damage repaired cars,They even sell ex learner cars,Yet they overcharge customers who believe they are getting a good deal.

I can only generalise because I worked at a main dealer and before working there another main dealer tried to sell me an expensive car with many faults.

I'll ask again, why did Ford repair a car that you bought privately? Until you're prepared to answer my questions I see no benefit in getting into a debate with you.

Sounds like you need to buy a more reliable car each :smile:

My wife and I have bought 3 cars in 17 years !

I personally have owned 10 cars in 10 years. I just love changing my car. I had an Alfa Romeo which was far from reliable.

I have a 60 plate Zafira and a 1973 MGB GT at the moment. But I want another toy to play with so looking at other cars too.

I'd recommend Rich Lee if they have any of the cars you're interested. They were very fair with us trading in the other half's car.

I'll ask again, why did Ford repair a car that you bought privately? Until you're prepared to answer my questions I see no benefit in getting into a debate with you.

Please keep up,
My fiesta was brand new from the dealership where I worked.

I'd recommend Rich Lee if they have any of the cars you're interested. They were very fair with us trading in the other half's car.

Yes was looking at them as they have an estate version, not sure I want another estate but handy for camping.

I personally have owned 10 cars in 10 years. I just love changing my car. I had an Alfa Romeo which was far from reliable.

I have a 60 plate Zafira and a 1973 MGB GT at the moment. But I want another toy to play with so looking at other cars too.
Yeah Im just not into cars. Id love a better car but the price of them puts me off, Id rather spend the money on holidays etc. Plus I do a lot of mileage so part of me doesnt want a nice car as Ill just drive it into the ground.

Yes was looking at them as they have an estate version, not sure I want another estate but handy for camping.

Yeah Im just not into cars. Id love a better car but the price of them puts me off, Id rather spend the money on holidays etc. Plus I do a lot of mileage so part of me doesnt want a nice car as Ill just drive it into the ground.

Have you thought about a VW passat? They are very good especially as you intend on doing lots of mileage.

Yep Passat was one I was looking at, just liked the look of the Insignia and C5 more.

Moved buildings at work in Feb and needed a less thirsty car. Bought a 2009 Fiesta TDCi Zetec S for £7800 with 9000 miles on the clock and FSH. Loads of MPG, looks smart, a bit small as a family car but I don't care. £20 a year tax, low insurance. A right bargain. Bit apprehensive about paying so much privately but the guy I bought from was such a nice bloke, made buying such a pleasant and worry free experience.

I'm with DWB on Citreons and french cars in general,ok as older cars to run until scrapped or Clios for youngsters.
I had a 09 Insignia Elite with all the kit, nice to be passenger in but poor for driver enjoyment, ok to sit on motorway but not around town or on country roads.

Moved buildings at work in Feb and needed a less thirsty car. Bought a 2009 Fiesta TDCi Zetec S for £7800 with 9000 miles on the clock and FSH. Loads of MPG, looks smart, a bit small as a family car but I don't care. £20 a year tax, low insurance. A right bargain. Bit apprehensive about paying so much privately but the guy I bought from was such a nice bloke, made buying such a pleasant and worry free experience.

Buying private is the way,Well done on your purchase.

I'm with DWB on Citreons and french cars in general,ok as older cars to run until scrapped or Clios for youngsters.
I had a 09 Insignia Elite with all the kit, nice to be passenger in but poor for driver enjoyment, ok to sit on motorway but not around town or on country roads.

Yet my brother has an Insignia and says it is constantly in the dealers with problems?

Had a Clio for ages and while it had a few quirks it was a good car to run and only had one expensive repair bill in 6 years. Got it up to 100,000 and then traded it in.

So every 12 months you buy another car from a main dealer and I imagine you must be part exchanging,Dread to think how much you have spent.

Burnmywallet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back