• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bring back Beaver! One off special shirt made by our old favourites
biggrin.gif

Lonsdale is just and example.
All I'm saying is, I personally think it's better to compromise and have a not-so-big manufacturer (Puma is a good idea) and have a custom-made kit specific to the Club - something that is Southend and Southend only. The Nike kits are OK but are mass-made and generic designs bought from Nike with our logo and sponsor slapped on later.

How about action figures of some Southend heroes with movable limbs and accessories - Tilly could come with changable hair in varying lengths for different stages of our winning streaks, Freddy with his caravan and Stan with Barbie doll and "slap-action" arms
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ Mar. 30 2006,10:57)]Lonsdale is just and example.
All I'm saying is, I personally think it's better to compromise and have a not-so-big manufacturer (Puma is a good idea) and have a custom-made kit specific to the Club - something that is Southend and Southend only. The Nike kits are OK but are mass-made and generic designs bought from Nike with our logo and sponsor slapped on later.
But the way Puma are going, they're obviously trying to buy into that generic Nike style, look at all the Puma shirts for National teams for this summer's WC. All along the same style with just the colours differing, e.g. Ivory Coast, Italy etc. Still quite smart though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 30 2006,11:04)]How about action figures of some Southend heroes with movable limbs and accessories - Tilly could come with changable hair in varying lengths for different stages of our winning streaks, Freddy with his caravan and Stan with Barbie doll and "slap-action" arms
laugh.gif
A Darryl doll that really pi$$es (or a Neil Freeman one, for those of you with longer memories).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Mar. 30 2006,11:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 30 2006,11:04)]How about action figures of some Southend heroes with movable limbs and accessories - Tilly could come with changable hair in varying lengths for different stages of our winning streaks, Freddy with his caravan and Stan with Barbie doll and "slap-action" arms
laugh.gif
A Darryl doll that really pi$$es (or a Neil Freeman one, for those of you with longer memories).
Presume that the Darryl doll will be lifesize.
tounge.gif

I like the idea of reproduction programmes, but maybe of specific times/games. Such as when we won the 4th Div Title or the promotion year to Div 2 under Webby. FA Cup ties etc.

I would like to see a magazine produced of the players wives and girlfriends in canded poses around Roots Hall....

Can see it now - Mrs Barrett showing her wears in the directors box, Mrs Flahavan with her charlies bouncing in the wind by the East Stand Programme Hut and Mrs Maher with a root vegtable in the Far Post..

Any Chance Steve
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Mar. 30 2006,11:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Mar. 30 2006,11:08)]
[b said:
laugh.gif
Presume that the Darryl doll will be lifesize.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Rare moment where I DID actually LOL!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 30 2006,11:18)]I would like to see a magazine produced of the players wives and girlfriends in canded poses around Roots Hall....

Can see it now - Mrs Barrett showing her wears in the directors box, Mrs Flahavan with her charlies bouncing in the wind by the East Stand Programme Hut and Mrs Maher with a root vegtable in the Far Post..

Any Chance Steve
rock.gif
mmm.....nah......don't think Daryll or Adam be too happy reading that if they come on here either
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Mar. 30 2006,11:34)]don't think Daryll or Adam be too happy reading that if they come on here either  
biggrin.gif
Why not.....are you saying our players don't have a sense of humour?

wink.gif

Yes it is terribly generic but like it or not the Nike shirts do sell in numbers and the kids seem to like them.

On the other hand if you gave a 7 year old kid a Carlotti tracksuit for christmas would you expect him to:

a) Be thrilled to bits.

b) Burst into tears.

Seeing as we COULD be in the Championship next season, anyone reckon we could get a 'real' nike kit deal with them, not the nike teamwear kits that most sunday league teams have?

For real nostalgia the club shop should start stocking toilet rolls - (perhaps with the Col Ewe and Wet Spam crest on each sheet) and good old fashioned wooden rattles.

Artful's mention of "Centenary Flat Caps" in another thread got me thinking...

Back