• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chico - Worth the money?

• Yes - The kids loved it and it was good fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Bloke is a total tool - Bring back the Opera bloke.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Still I don't expect much more from you, probably one of the most negative people I've ever read on this forum. It's amazing you have the will to get up in the morning.
Wonder if the club would be interested to hear that you are on here taking a pop at supporters for expressing their views on how utterly silly things are getting behind the sceens at the club!
I believe Me TrueBlue that he must be Mr King in disguise.

unclesam.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Still I don't expect much more from you, probably one of the most negative people I've ever read on this forum. It's amazing you have the will to get up in the morning.
Wonder if the club would be interested to hear that you are on here taking a pop at supporters for expressing their views on how utterly silly things are getting behind the sceens at the club!
Don't sh*t stir, Scott. Dave is allowed to come on here and express his views...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 20 2006,16:27)]
[b said:
[b said:
Don't sh*t stir, Scott.  Dave is allowed to come on here and express his views...

rock.gif
Matt in all honesty I don't really care if he wants to take that line.

I know that we are working to try and give you all a successful and financially viable Football Club.

If some think the only way to do this is to win games then, great, I ask the question of how do you get this success if their is not a basis to finance it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 20 2006,16:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:21)]Man Utd Ticket Fiasco

Beam Back Gets Called Off

BUT LETS NOT WORRY CHICO IS HERE TO TOP THINGS OFF! waste of money! waste of time AND waste of effort
OK let's get a few FACTS on the table:

Man U - COuld maybe have done things differently to a certain extent but then I'd like to see you turn that sort of operation around in about 10 days from draw to game.

Beam Back - So you believe we should waste 10k of the clubs money? All we were asking for was enough people to pre-buy to make sure we broke even. We couldn't ever manage that.

Chico - Don't know what you are moaning about he didn't even cost us a penny.
That's great stuff if he didn't cost the club any money.

He isn't my cup of tea personally but it was definitely worth it to attract youngsters etc as Scriv says. Surely if the cost of the investment is zero any tickets sold over what would have been is money in our pocket?

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Don't sh*t stir, Scott.  Dave is allowed to come on here and express his views...

rock.gif
He can express his views but when he makes unfounded judgements on me thats not on!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
He can express his views but when he makes unfounded judgements on me thats not on!
A bit like some of your unfounded judgement then? See it's easy this lark isn't it.

What about for example going round schools looking for kids who can entertain with their footballing skills then showing that at half-time?Their mates would all come to see them ply their tricks and the crowd would love it.Plus all the kids would go home and practice their moves.And me
wink.gif
Prizes given to the biggest cheer.
Just a thought.Aint got to be about spending bundles

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 20 2006,16:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
A bit like some of your unfounded judgement then? See it's easy this lark isn't it.
Suppose your job is quite easy Larking about Roots Hall
I can play this game too
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:34)]Suppose your job is quite easy Larking about Roots Hall
I can play this game too  
wink.gif
Yep just waiting for my afternoon cuppa to arrive from the tea lady and then I'll finish the crossword and off home I go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 20 2006,16:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:34)]Suppose your job is quite easy Larking about Roots Hall
I can play this game too  
wink.gif
Yep just waiting for my afternoon cuppa to arrive from the tea lady and then I'll finish the crossword and off home I go.
Well you got time to post on here so what should you be doing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 20 2006,16:33)]What about for example going round schools looking for kids who can entertain with their footballing skills then showing that at half-time?Their mates would all come to see them ply their tricks and the crowd would love it.Plus all the kids would go home and practice their moves.And me  
wink.gif
Prizes given to the biggest cheer.
Just a thought.Aint got to be about spending bundles
It's certainly something we have done before, having small sided matches prior to games with the local kiddies football sides.

However, the manager (and the groundsman) isn't a great fan because of the damage to the pitch it causes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:37)]Working for the club has alienated you as a supporter Dave
Probably when I read some of the crap posted on here. About on and off the field events.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:38)]
[b said:
[b said:
I can play this game too  
wink.gif
Dunno, perhaps you could tell me?

Can’t quite believe I’m making my first post on ShrimperZone on Chico but nevermind!

On the whole I think that it probably was worth getting Chico in. There were plenty of kids watching him and joining in so at least they enjoyed themselves.  He clearly wasn’t aimed at anyone using this forum so where’s the harm? Arguably the Bluebelles are a waste of time and money too but I don’t see you all calling for them to be scrapped!  I wonder why…

One thing I will say for Chico is that despite his appalling material his enthusiasm and spirit were unbreakable and credit to him for that.  Something that our team will need if we have any hope of staying up!

Personally I think X factor sucks and have no interest in any of the 2 bob shockers that are vomited up by the programme.

However plenty of people do love it and if the club is willing to be innovative and try to cash in on it's success to try and attract people to Roots hall on a Saturday afternoon then that's fine by me.

If you don't like the fella then stay in the pub until he's finished wailing. No need to get het up and start having a go at the PR bods at the club.

The beamback failed thru lack of support, Manure tickets were hard to get hold off because everyone wanted one and the same goes for Spurs. The club can't please everyone all of the time and to be honest some of the people on here would slag them off irrespective of what they did.

Just remember that 3 years ago we were second from bottom and we were all frightened that the club was on it's last legs.
Today we're in rude health and we're getting the sort of crowds we could've only dreamed off 3 years ago. Credit for that lies with the management, players, Chairman and those who work behind the scenes. I know which scenario I prefer and it ain't struggling to survive!!!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 20 2006,16:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2006,16:38)]
[b said:
[b said:
I can play this game too  
wink.gif
Dunno, perhaps you could tell me?
No Idea Dave the club is usualy the one to dictate to supporters!

Back