• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
On Sunday 20th April 2008, ShrimperZone F.C. I's will be taking on Kingsfield Casuals 2nds at Burroughs Park, Great Wakering at 2.30pm.

The clubhouse will be open and it would be very good to see as many SZ.com posters come over to support the team. Regardless of misconceptions in the past, SZ.com has always been an integral part of SZFC.

The birth of the club came from a disagreement between 2 posters Westcliff Shrimper aka Xabia Shrimper and FM13 who would continue to wind each other up. Well one thread got to the point when one decided he could be a better manager than the other, and match was agreed to settle this, the posters were divided by age so the younger posters joined FM13's team and the elder posters joined WS's team. The match took place in the morning of that year's FA Cup final @ Priory Park with Jumpers for goal posts.

After the successful game *ORM* decided that we could seriously create a football team made of SZ.com posters. Our first meeting was held in the Spread Eagle when people volunteered to take positions on the committee and the rest they say is history.

So if you wish to be part of history in the making or just another chance to meet up with other SZ.com posters than make sure you come along and support the Blues.

The only downer is that the Sceptre League are going to be charging £4 - Adults and £1 Concessions for admission although this does include a Commemorative programme.

Last edited:
On Sunday 20th March 2008, ShrimperZone F.C. I's will be taking on Kingsfield Casuals 2nds at Burroughs Park, Great Wakering at 2.30pm.

The clubhouse will be open and it would be very good to see as many SZ.com posters come over to support the team. Regardless of misconceptions in the past, SZ.com has always been an integral part of SZFC. The birht of the club came from a disagreement between 2 posters Westcliff Shrimper aka Xabia Shrimper and FM13 who would continue to wind each other up, very similar to True Blue and Bluetonic at the moment. Well one thread got to the point when one decided he could be a better manager than the other, and match was agreed to settle this, the posters were divided by age so the younger posters joined FM13's team and the elder posters joined WS's team. The match took place in the morning of that year's FA Cup final @ Priory Park with Jumpers for goal posts. After the successful game *ORM* decided that we could seriously create a football team made of SZ.com posters. Our first meeting was held in the Spread Eagle when people volunteered to take positions on the committee and the rest they say is history.

So if you wish to be part of history in the making or just another chance to meet up with other SZ.com posters than make sure you come along and support the Blues.

The only downer is that the Sceptre League are going to be charging £4 for admission although this does include a Commerative programme.

I'm not paying to watch a repeat.

Can't believe a little bit of comparison to modern posters was deemed to unsafe. What has the world come to, oh well you cannot censor the programme :p

Sorry for the date, was posting whilst also sorting out the little un's dinner. Proof that men cannot multi task especially when posting on the sly in the kitchen. ;)

Oh here is a map
gw3.gif

Also the ShrimperZone FC flag will be present.

Last edited:
Andee Nominated

On Sunday 20th April 2008, ShrimperZone F.C. I's will be taking on Kingsfield Casuals 2nds at Burroughs Park, Great Wakering at 2.30pm.

The clubhouse will be open and it would be very good to see as many SZ.com posters come over to support the team. Regardless of misconceptions in the past, SZ.com has always been an integral part of SZFC.

The birth of the club came from a disagreement between 2 posters Westcliff Shrimper aka Xabia Shrimper and FM13 who would continue to wind each other up. Well one thread got to the point when one decided he could be a better manager than the other, and match was agreed to settle this, the posters were divided by age so the younger posters joined FM13's team and the elder posters joined WS's team. The match took place in the morning of that year's FA Cup final @ Priory Park with Jumpers for goal posts.

After the successful game *ORM* decided that we could seriously create a football team made of SZ.com posters. Our first meeting was held in the Spread Eagle when people volunteered to take positions on the committee and the rest they say is history.

The only downer is that the Sceptre League are going to be charging £4 for admission although this does include a Commerative programme.

The history is appreciated, not previously aware of how it all came about, Andee.

After Carlisle Road Trip, and assuming the wife's car does not break down [we know a very nice man if so], I will be coming along to hopefully see SZ lift 1st of what is hoped to be many cups - and that will then be cemented/embedded in the on-going history.

I nominate Andee for postion of Historian and for SZFC History & Custodian of maintaining Honours records on SZ [unless there may already be someone appointed ?].

I nominate Andee for postion of Historian and for SZFC History & Custodian of maintaining Honours records on SZ [unless there may already be someone appointed ?].
There is some Scottish guy you may have heard of already doing that.

Indeed, would be great to see as many people supporting the ShrimperZone team as possible.

Shrimperzone will of course be in Southend United colours, and I think their opponents play in Claret and Blue....booooo!

Don't think I'll be able to make the revised date, but all the best boys.

Are BBC Essex providing radio coverage?

Indeed, would be great to see as many people supporting the ShrimperZone team as possible.

Shrimperzone will of course be in Southend United colours, and I think their opponents play in Claret and Blue....booooo!

Will Don be playing for the other team then?

Will Don be playing for the other team then?

Will Don even be playing?
Will Kev have his perm done beforehand?
Will Flapper get away from the Chip shop?
Will Lee manage to make his legs work?
Will Scrounger buy a Drink.
Will Matty Spit at somebody.

So many questions and so few answers ...I doubt FS will have a nights sleep between now and the Final.

;)

Will Don even be playing?
Will Kev have his perm done beforehand?
Will Flapper get away from the Chip shop?
Will Lee manage to make his legs work?
Will Scrounger buy a Drink.
Will Matty Spit at somebody.

So many questions and so few answers ...I doubt FS will have a nights sleep between now and the Final.

;)

Why do people mock Young Don, he's SZFC's most capped player for a reason. PM either ORM, The Flying Scotsman or me to find out why.

What shrimperzoners are playing in this final then?

Let's have an expected starting 11 - or maybe the 11 that started the last match

Back