• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
What do we make of this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16722402

The guy has been released, broken the terms of his release, put back in prison, and now released again. He has also shown zero remorse. Should he be allowed out if he's shown no remorse?

To me that's an interesting conumdrum. If you don't allow people out until they show remorse you effectively condemn innocent people who are wrongly convicted to a far longer sentence than someone that actually committed a crime but has been reformed. You will also end up with a farcical situation much like "The Shawshank Redemption" where the parole board don't believe a prisoner's remorse is genuine and keep rejecting their parole request.

I'm interested in other peoples' opinions! (I know these threads have a habit of degenerating into abuse and insult, so please let's try and keep this civil.)

I don't want this to be a discussion on the death penalty, we've done that enough times on here. What I want are peoples' views given the system we currently have...i.e. no death penalty.

Another example of the law being a joke. Should have rotted inside a prison cell.

I don't want this to be a discussion on the death penalty, we've done that enough times on here. What I want are peoples' views given the system we currently have...i.e. no death penalty.

Um, aren't you contradicting yourself?

Another example of the law being a joke. Should have rotted inside a prison cell.

I seem to remember at the time of the trial it was mentioned that he's from a notorius family who intimidated witnesses into keeping quiet. Proper scum it seems. (Although I may be wrong.)

1 example of an extreme case doesn't condemn the entire system . You couldn't change the entire system just based on one person who is possibly a psychopath ?

I seem to remember at the time of the trial it was mentioned that he's from a notorius family who intimidated witnesses into keeping quiet. Proper scum it seems. (Although I may be wrong.)
Unfortunately, a lot of gang culture is based around families who are well known to the police and are scum of the highest (lowest?) order. They almost all seem to think that this gives them "rights" to privileges that they have been only too keen to deny their victims. For instance, the gentleman and family at the centre of the initial Tottenham riots last year are believed to be none too angelic and were well known to the police yet to hear some of the defence made of the first wave of rioters, you'd think that someone totally innocent was the cause.

Um, aren't you contradicting yourself?

Not really. I want people's views on whether or not he should have been released, not on whether or not he should be alive.

Not really. I want people's views on whether or not he should have been released, not on whether or not he should be alive.
I'd be very surprised if even the most liberal of liberal minded people on here believe he should have been released. No remorse, no regrets, no repentance = no release for me.

Just stick him on a boat back to africa

Job Done
I'd assume that they wouldn't want to accept our criminals. Though if you wanted to broker a deal it is possible that one of the African countries may accept our black criminals to clutter up their jails if they were also allowed to accept our black sports stars and black medical staff but Euro 2012 and the Olympics would be a disaster for us and I wouldn't want to be getting ill anytime soon. Thinking about it, while that seemed a splendid idea when it popped into your head I just can't see it working out.

I'd assume that they wouldn't want to accept our criminals. Though if you wanted to broker a deal it is possible that one of the African countries may accept our black criminals to clutter up their jails if they were also allowed to accept our black sports stars and black medical staff but Euro 2012 and the Olympics would be a disaster for us and I wouldn't want to be getting ill anytime soon. Thinking about it, while that seemed a splendid idea when it popped into your head I just can't see it working out.

Never mind eh! :)

Should do what they do in Isreal,30 years means 30 years,if you die 25 years in to your sentance then they stick you in a grave for 5 years and then hand over your body.

Disgusting but not surprising in this country. Killers, rapists, paedos walk the streets freely. Any other country this guy would be banged up for life or better still stuck on a boat back to Africa or hung by the neck. No here they get a cushy term in prison and come out probably eager to kill again.

Should do what they do in Isreal,30 years means 30 years,if you die 25 years in to your sentance then they stick you in a grave for 5 years and then hand over your body.

I doubt very much that that is true. As far as I'm aware Jewish law does not allow for exhumation of a body. Therefore it would be impossible.

(See link below to a BBC story from yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16657363

No excavation was carried out and the ground was not disturbed, which would be a violation of Jewish law and tradition, banning the exhumation of the dead.
)

Sorry to pish on your chips but it looked very real as i watch the report on France 24 and as the lags that were buried were palastinions(cant spell it but the non jewish ones they nicked the land from) i would guess that jewish law does not apply.
As a footnote the report stated that 300 had been treated in this way.

Sorry to pish on your chips but it looked very real as i watch the report on France 24 and as the lags that were buried were palastinions(cant spell it but the non jewish ones they nicked the land from) i would guess that jewish law does not apply.
As a footnote the report stated that 300 had been treated in this way.

Palastinians are Muslims Tone....

Great spelling you clever sod,i know they are thats the point they are not jewish and as such hated by the lovely jews hence not subject to strange jewish laws and are buried if they die in prison before the sentance is completed.

Back