• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lombard

Youth Team
As of late,I feel Mr Bentley has been at fault for some of the goals conceded !! I know I will be criticised by some,but I think his performances have not been too snappy. If Paul Smith had been playing,he would have been crucified. I personally think Bentley should be given a rest,or,even sold if the bids are reasonable enough.What with Ted and Paul Smith in reserve,that should be good enough.Perhaps Brown's praise of Bentley has put pressure on him !! Having a dodgy defence in front of him doesn't help either.Oh! and yes, Paul Smith is not that bad and has been unfairly picked upon.

Thought he was at fault for their 2nd goal yesterday, but looking at the goal on the highlights, I think it takes a deflection off Prosser.

If Smith was in goal yesterday and did what Bentley did for the first goal he'd be getting crucified on here

What did bentley do for the first goal exactly? Firm header that he got a hand on but couldn't keep out, yeah, HUGE howler that. Yep, start blaming Bentley for the fact that we can only score one goal (a penalty) against an average at best conference outfit, erm ok...:nope:

and he's on Twitter, don't forget that

Is he? Wouldn't know, don't follow him!

I actually wondered if Smithy snr would start yesterday's match, if Bentley really is off in January then we need to be establishing his replacement and I can't see Ted ready for the step up quite yet.

What did bentley do for the first goal exactly? Firm header that he got a hand on but couldn't keep out, yeah, HUGE howler that. Yep, start blaming Bentley for the fact that we can only score one goal (a penalty) against an average at best conference outfit, erm ok...:nope:

Nothing, thats the point. Have to claiming or at least punching that clear when thats landing on the 6 yard line.

It looked as though Bentley was at fault for the second goal and could have done better, maybe he can be excused though if there was a deflection. Bentleys form is suffering just like the rest of the team though as they have lost confidence in the manager.

For the first goal, he got both hands on the ball and attempted to push it away very weakly. This is why he was at fault for the first goal. As a goalkeeper, if you can get a hand on the ball - and in this case, two... you should be able to keep the ball out of the net!

Our first goal was poor defending by your centre halves and the power on the header gave the keeper no chance, as for the second your number 22 may as well have said come and have a free shot. That said the keeper should not have been beaten near post.

Are all goalies at Southend coached to stay on their line, even when the ball is played onto their 6 yard line?

Are all goalies at Southend coached to stay on their line, even when the ball is played onto their 6 yard line?
No. Because we don't have a proper goalkeeping coach but we have Brown, Penney and Coughlan!

Back