• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If your 25 ,35 seems old .. If your 35 , 45 seems old if your 16 16 1/2 seems old.. when your 35 you will look back at your twenties and think What was I soo worried about .. when your 45 you will look back at your thirties and think, why did I waste time worrying about life passing me by.. When you are 16 1/2 you will look back at when you where 16 and think bloody hell i used to **** a lot

Same here. I was down the pub with my mate yesterday afternoon chatting about what we used to do when we were young. Me personally, i've grown up a hell of a lot - uni has got something to do with that - since I was 18/19.

I've lost contact with most of the people I used to go to school with and it doesnt bother me at all. Went out with drinks with 2 girls I was best friends with at school last summer, and still they act like 16 year olds. I havent spoke to them since. I only still keep in contact with about 8 people I went to school with, go out with them when i'm home etc.

So I know now that i'm a lot more mature than what I used to be, and i'm happy with that.

If your 25 ,35 seems old .. If your 35 , 45 seems old if your 16 16 1/2 seems old.. when your 35 you will look back at your twenties and think What was I soo worried about .. when your 45 you will look back at your thirties and think, why did I waste time worrying about life passing me by.. When you are 16 1/2 you will look back at when you where 16 and think bloody hell i used to **** a lot

I like this post.

Makes a lot of sense to me...

I'm 40 years old in six months time. I thought I'd achieved ****-all so far and that depressed me a little but, having spoken with family and friends over the past few months, they reckon that if I get everything down in book form, it will help appreciate that I have actually achieved a phenomenal amount in 40 years. I've drawn out a rough draft and I have to say that I haven't stopped laughing since.

I'm taking advanced orders now ...

I was 30 a couple of weeks ago and I 'celebrated' the fact by drinking for four days straight. I still act like I'm 21 and probably won't ever change.

I am engaged but whether we end up getting married or not is another thing there is alot stuff we both have top sort out before we actually consider it, my missus has an 11 year old son and doesn't want anymore kids which I understand.

So I doubt I will ever properly settle down and that suits me.

There are things I know I have to do; move jobs, save some money, start dealing with my green eyed envy of other people's lives - but what I can't understand is how they've all dedicated themselves so single-mindedly to a cause;

No you don't need to do any of those things, Sean. What you need to do is come to New York with Loz and I.

In all seriousness, you're several steps further along the path to where we probably should be at our age than I am so please take some small comfort in that.

I am 26, lived and worked in Sao Paulo Brasil for the past 2 and a half years, before that having spells in Singapore and Sydney. Must say I dont regret a thing and the experience is second to none and well as learning as second language which is always a plus.

I am lucky having a good job which has helped me do this but even if you dont have that chance with your job, get up and do some travelling and meet some new people, the experience will improve you and your life.

Plus the women here are alot better looking, the weather and food are brilliant, its not as expensive as London and the nightlife is amazing.:)

I'll be 34 in a couple of weeks, and have to confess up until recently I've had absolutely no direction in life whatsoever. I even moved to Wales as I fancied a change, and liked the area.

A few months back I made a decision. I've decided to study something that's of interest to me, and make a career out of it, and that's horticulture. It probably wont make me rich, but it'll make me happy, and as I've gotten older that's something I realise is far more important.

So, my next few years will be studying, gaining experience, and possibly moving again. All the kind of things most normal people do when they're a lot younger, just goes to show, we all mature differently.

In short, don't worry about growing old age wise, it means naff all. If you still have the attitude of a 25 year old when you're 30, then so what? Similarly, if you have the attitude of a 30 year old when you're 18 it makes no difference. Just be true yourself, and who you are, and take life at your own pace. As for friends, I still speak to a handfull from school and college. Most I lost contact with ages ago, and yes, most of my mates are now married and/or have kids. They're mates though, and whatever our sociological differences that's what those ones always be.

If you are going to change direction don't delay it, if you are serious about it you will only regret not doing it.
I am 49 in a few weeks, thrown out of Uni after a year, I tried a couple of jobs before coming up to the City after being out of work for 3 months, took a job for the money. I did the usual "work hard and make the most of it" thing. I was married at 24 , and had two kids adn a 4 bed house by 28. I thought I had it cracked, so no real need to regret or change. By the time I realised I did not like what I had become (nor did the wife) I was too old , had too many responsibilities and could not afford to change careers.
Now I am on my 2nd marriage, really dislike my job and all I can do is dream of what may have been and winning the lottery. But my two kids are brilliant and I still wouldn't change a thing if it meant they would be different.
The prozac helps but its no real replacement for true fulfillment.........

Back