• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And talking of tipsters...no corners for the Pyreneeans! :)

meg.jpg

Did they even get a shot? Carson could've had a 90 minute kip for all the action he saw tonight.

He probably did. After all, he wasn't in goal...

I was at the game last night. There was actually a match going on believe it or not, though from the media coverage you'd think it was replaced by rolling footage of some closed tube entrance gates. Good performance I thought given the two rows of 5 the Andorrans were playing. Our centre backs barely needed to break a sweat but we were very solid.

Rooney kept making great space first half, Gerrard was far better than against Ukraine, Lampard kept in nice and simple and Johnson's crossing was outstanding. Fast becoming a vital player for us, that boy. Who'd have thunk it?

Can't decide about old Becks. Worked very hard, spread the ball around very well in a central role I seem to remember him also playing for Madrid briefly and put in a few belting balls. BUT for the most, his corners were dire and his free kicks way off mark. It was the same against Ukraine. The guy is a national institution (as noted by the sheer amount of flashes going off whenever he went near a corner flag) but I wonder if he'll still be playing for us come the finals themselves.

Far better atmosphere last night than the Ukraine game I saw too, even though it was only 2/3's full? Maybe people were determined to enjoy themselves after the relative hassle of getting there, or the players are starting to find their feet. But it felt like we'd turned another small corner. That stadium just desperately needs a 3-2 classic against a decent team and then it'll start to feel more like a venue the country loves.

Also, I got home fine in case you were worried. Tubes were running to and from the ground fine, were a lot less empty than useful and I was in bed half hour earlier than my last trip up that way. The silly woman on Sky Sports News who drove 4 miles to the ground and sat in traffic for 9 hours doesn't have any sympathy from me...

I thought Becks did well - some of his passing was sublime.

passing was awesome, setpieces were a little disappointing. he'll never a get an easier game, but i think he will still be in that squad next summer and is always a useful sub

Thought we played as well as you can expect against a team like Andorra, it's hardly one to set the players pulses racing. We were professional, patient, kept our concentration and took our chances and that's all we should want you're never going to get a world cup winning performance against poor opposition who stubbornly refuse to leave their own 3rd of the pitch.

Thought Beckham was excellent spraying the ball around in a manner bordering on regal, but he'll never get that time and space against a good side - i think he'll be a squad player still in the WC.

Johnson's assists and attacking contribution were superb, but he had no defensive work to do, and that's where his weaknesses lie.

there was one moment when I think Beckham, Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard, Johnson and A Cole all took turns to smash a 60 yard crossfield pass onto the toe of a teammate. After this Walcott received it, tried to do the same and smashed it into row Q. I love Walcott, but his crossing is still sh*te. Thought Ashley Young looked excellent when he came on

sod the opposition, but i (sadly agreeing with Teddy S) thought Glen Johnston was immensce last night. So good going forward.

I thought Johnson was superb last night, and the boy Becks did pretty darn good too. Admittedly the set pieces weren't of the calibre he used to produce, but to be fair, Crouch's finishing wasn't great either and had some of his chances been converted, I reckon people would say Becks' corners were ok. Lumpy did good as did Lescott, and Defoe looked pretty dangerous when he came on too. It's always nice to crack a few goals past, regardless of who it is.

Back