• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bringing up a point earlier....whoever suggested it?

why would you move Southend United (key word being SOUTHEND) to saddlers farm?
rock.gif
? the majortiy of fans live in Southend.
and also with saddlers farm, the traffic would be hurrendous! (don't quote my spelling! )

anyone know how much delancey want for there share? not saying we should go on a save our club hunt, but raise cash to atleast get close to buying them out???

finally, agreed about the innapropiate timing of all this when things are going good for us on the pitch. Save the chanting and banners for outside of games, we dont wanna upset the player, we need to get behind them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 04 2005,18:40)]Good God.  Internet restrictions are raised and I find out that Shrimperzone has gone all Che Guavara on me!  Talk of elevating a local hero to a national one and buying out owners by hook, crook or cash.
I think what you're saying is the intellect level increases when you're not posting
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 04 2005,19:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 04 2005,18:40)]Good God.  Internet restrictions are raised and I find out that Shrimperzone has gone all Che Guavara on me!  Talk of elevating a local hero to a national one and buying out owners by hook, crook or cash.
I think what you're saying is the intellect level increases when you're not posting  
laugh.gif
Well, I have enforced my intellectual crackdown since I joined and thought you lot could get on by discussing whether Lewis Hunt's left foot is slightly bigger than his right or how pretty the multi-coloured east stand looks. But no, you start talking about covenants and the technicalities of trust funds!

I'm resigning today and intend to bring this board to the level of visiting fans on rivals instantly!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 04 2005,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 04 2005,17:59)]Regarding the rent being written off, I understand that this is the position with respect to accounting, but I remain to be convinced that this is the correct legal position and suspect these amounts haven't just disappeared, never to return.
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the accounting and legal positions are pretty much similar.  If the club are still legally liable for the historic rent I can't see how any auditor could sign off the club's accounts as showing a "true and fair view" if they don't show potential liabilities that the club are legally liable for.  

If an investor were to buy the club on the basis of the current accounts and were then to find there were lots of hidden liabilities the auditor would be sued pretty quicky I'd imagine.

I'm not an auditor, so stand to be corrected.
I don't know how they are doing it, but I think the debts are being forgotten about until FF is developed when I'd imagine they will then be deducted from our windfall payments on development.

I'll try and have a look at the accounts when I get a chance, to see how those payments are treated and whether they are included as an asset (albeit one contingent on FF going ahead).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 04 2005,18:56)]What have I started!...

sad.gif
rock.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
blues.gif
Seems to like you've made a very valuable contribution to the 'Zone Smiffy. I still haven't managed it ...

oops.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 04 2005,19:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 04 2005,18:56)]What have I started!...
Seems to like you've made a very valuable contribution to the 'Zone Smiffy. I still haven't managed it ...

oops.gif

laugh.gif
Don't worry Kev, maybe it'll come in the next 8000 posts

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 04 2005,11:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 04 2005,10:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 04 2005,10:51)]There's loads of land by Sadler's Farm and the A130 link between there and the A127... that has always struck me as the perfect place.
Ah  ... the old "Canvey groundshare" location !!
Canvey groundshare is a non-starter, but can yuo remember any real reason why this area hasnt been explored as an option more thoroughly Mick (or anyone else)?
forget it ! its not in Southend . IMHO end of .

Regarding an alternative site, there is a large piece of land for sale on Shoebury Road between the Bournes Green roundabout and The Angel. It has planning consent for "leisure use" as it is the proposed site for Thorpe Hall golf club should their current site be developed.

Any views?

SS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 04 2005,19:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 04 2005,17:59)]Regarding the rent being written off, I understand that this is the position with respect to accounting, but I remain to be convinced that this is the correct legal position and suspect these amounts haven't just disappeared, never to return.
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the accounting and legal positions are pretty much similar.  If the club are still legally liable for the historic rent I can't see how any auditor could sign off the club's accounts as showing a "true and fair view" if they don't show potential liabilities that the club are legally liable for.  

If an investor were to buy the club on the basis of the current accounts and were then to find there were lots of hidden liabilities the auditor would be sued pretty quicky I'd imagine.

I don't know how they are doing it, but I think the debts are being forgotten about until FF is developed when I'd imagine they will then be deducted from our windfall payments on development.

I'll try and have a look at the accounts when I get a chance, to see how those payments are treated and whether they are included as an asset (albeit one contingent on FF going ahead).
Yep, that sounds plausible -  no rent in return for a lower cut of profits from FF. Would also explain why Delancy have upped the buy-out price for RM as they now have a larger stake in the venture than pre the no rent agreement.

From memory, there is no contingent FF type asset in the accounts (would be madness to include one as it is so uncertain and would go against the principle of accounts being produced on a prudent basis).

[b said:
[b said:

Im an auditor/accountant and your pretty much spot on there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Somerset Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2005,20:58)]Regarding an alternative site, there is a large piece of land for sale on Shoebury Road between the Bournes Green roundabout and The Angel. It has planning consent for "leisure use" as it is the proposed site for Thorpe Hall golf club should their current site be developed.

Any views?

SS
Yep I have already alerted the club to this piece of land about 3 years ago, unfortunately it is in the hands of a developer who really wants to move Thorpe Hall Golf Course out and build houses on that site. Think of the return on the property price for such a prime location in Thorpe Bay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 04 2005,23:03)]Yep I have already alerted the club to this piece of land about 3 years ago, unfortunately it is in the hands of a developer who really wants to move Thorpe Hall Golf Course out and build houses on that site. Think of the return on the property price for such a prime location in Thorpe Bay.
I seem to remember that Ron Martin dismissed any chance of re-locating to this area when it was designated for leisure use ... he did give me a very valid reason but I can't for the life of me remember what it was ...

What's happening with Southend Airport at the moment? Is it being dragged out of limbo? Perfect site for a football stadium / leisure complex ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 04 2005,10:34)]: is there nowhere else in the borough of Southend where the club could move to a new facility with associated developments
There's loads of open space in Southend (too much in fact): Jones Memorial ground, Priory Park, Chawkwell Park, Southchurch Park, problem is there is now way you'll ever get permission to build on them.  I always thought the airport was the best bet, mainly cos my mum lives over the road and she said she would persuade the neighbours not to object.  Most of the airport is in Rochford who don't want us there.  
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2005,22:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 04 2005,23:03)]Yep I have already alerted the club to this piece of land about 3 years ago, unfortunately it is in the hands of a developer who really wants to move Thorpe Hall Golf Course out and build houses on that site. Think of the return on the property price for such a prime location in Thorpe Bay.
I seem to remember that Ron Martin dismissed any chance of re-locating to this area when it was designated for leisure use ... he did give me a very valid reason but I can't for the life of me remember what it was ...
I agree. I think that there will be a lot of houses going up on Thorpe Hall Golf Course and the course will be relocated.

Think it's almost a certainty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2005,22:32)]
[b said:

What's happening with Southend Airport at the moment? Is it being dragged out of limbo? Perfect site for a football stadium / leisure complex ...

WS
The Airport is being redeveloped, New terminal, rail station, etc for low cost carriers. They had FlyBe going Jersey this year and as i understand it are in the process of securing other routes.

Even more so, noe the olympics have been secured.

Regarding the "write off" , in the 2003 accounts Creditors decreased by 1.1M (Notes to the cash flow statement 2004 accounts ) whereas the net debt to parent company remained at 3.5M. Also we made a "profit" of 600K on administration expenses

This indicates to me that the debt in respect of unpaid rent has been written off. (as I also can't see a massive increase in income which would allow for the creditors to have been paid)

I've always thought a stadium on the London-side of Southend would be a better bet, much easier to get to/from for the non-local Southend (me!) and away fans.

What about the land on the A127 near the Rayleigh Weir (behind Wickes & the sign makers)?

We should of jumped on the land adjacent to Tesco's and Strawberry Fields etc when we had the chance...

Would of been a perfect site for a stadium if you ask me.

rock.gif
sad.gif

Back