• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scottish_Shrimpers

Youth Team
see it all the time like at the Kop... a huge banner that moves along over the top of the fans... looks effective...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC694iuqC90

i thought maybe this would look good for friday with a positive message for the players to see amongst the sea of ballons and flags when warming up and coming out of the tunnel. the message could be

A UNITED SUPPORT
BELIEVE!!!
obviously would have to be handmade but im willing to sort something out... would it be worth it though?! obviously wouldnt have to be too big because the stand isnt that big but could be big enough!​

Gareth is bringing Bouncebackability for a surf mate!

oh right cool... you dont reckon its not worth getting something else done then mate? .. im thinking of the space.. theres not a lot... 1 would be enough wouldnt it

I think its a great idea mate, but where you gonna get the materials?

im scouting about now, asking the RU... its only a simple design and so im not intending to buy it ready done from a company because 1) too expensive and 2) not enough time...

instead i was thinking get a blank, big sized flag like material and then get some blue material to cut out and stick on etc... thats what the RU do and it looks pretty professional and its serves its purpose just as much as getting a professional one done!

I was thinking of doing something like this but not sure on the material purchasing?!

Yeah contact RU mate, what sort of size base though? Plus remember donny may want to see that its flame retardant material!

im scouting about now, asking the RU... its only a simple design and so im not intending to buy it ready done from a company because 1) too expensive and 2) not enough time...

instead i was thinking get a blank, big sized flag like material and then get some blue material to cut out and stick on etc... thats what the RU do and it looks pretty professional and its serves its purpose just as much as getting a professional one done!

Great idea Craig good luck - and make sure you get a good site for the Scottish Shrimper's Flag!

PS - four or six White Tesco Value Flat sheets sewn together might be your cheapest option if Jill if up for that much sewing?

i was thinking roughly 8x5 metres, white... doesnt even have to be a high quality material, and then get navy material to cut out and stick on..

anyone have ideas on what material to use and where its easy to get...

ive just finshed uni so ive got every day this week free to make it if i could get materials today or tomorrow morning!

Jesus mate! 25 x 15 ft of white cotton/polyester material is going to be hard to come by in such a short time!

What about dust sheets that decorators/builders use? Maybe a B&Q or hardware store could help with that?

or even more basic just need a big white flag and paint the lettering on... could then paint the SUFC badge on it then and put a bit more detail on it...

so just need a big white strong material for the background... any suggestions!

Jesus mate! 25 x 15 ft of white cotton/polyester material is going to be hard to come by in such a short time!

What about dust sheets that decorators/builders use? Maybe a B&Q or hardware store could help with that?

Err yuck no used dust sheets please.

How about a multipack of white sheets sewn together?!

I'm looking into this aswell guys, with time against me it might be tricky but I will try.

Im off to Roots Hall shortly to get my ticket and book the coach so I will make a stop at B&Q and a few others to see if I can find anything.

I will try to contact the Aberdeen Ultras (have a good friend in the group) and also the Blue Bears (Rangers) to see if they can help.

Back