• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slap the links in
tags. Problably best to slap them in spoiler tags (
  Spoiler:  
).

I did that mate, for some reason not showing them from my site.. Bear with me

OK a couple of pics of the progress so far which is now 90% complete.

The 10foot banner fabric now joint togther and sewed all around the edges.
plainbanner.jpg

The letters and fabric getting made/prepared (50% complete)
letters.jpg

The Southend badge cut out and ready to be burnt onto the banner and the SUFC letters also 50% complete
sufcbanner.jpg

The full banner although thinking of loosing the "as one" section so it looks less busy. This will be decided before th lettering is complete and burnt on.
full.jpg

The banner without the "as one" think I may go with this
banner.jpg

I decided to go without the "as one" and the letters are now 100% complete and now burnt onto the fabric material, everything went OK and the spacing was perfect.
bannerspaced.jpg

The banner is 90% complete I just need to go back to the shop to get some more bondaweb to burn the badge to the banner but that won't take long and the final banner will look like this.
complete.jpg

Getting there for the 1st attempt, the lettering is now complete and the badge will be burnt onto the banner this evening once I've got some more bondaweb.

Hope you like it.

Last edited:
With the time you had to do all that I think that is a fantastic effort. Be assured that if I was wearing a hat I would be taking it off to you.

Great effort.

A truely magnificent effort there. Well done. :clap:
Look forward to seeing it at the Keepmoat. May have to get a few pictures of it too! :support:

I'm really buzzing ahead of tomorrow now.

COME ON THE ALL MIGHTY BLUES!!

good effort STARZ... ive gone for a lot cheaper option just about to complete it in next couple of hours! its HUUUGGGEEE!!!! ha!

good effort STARZ... ive gone for a lot cheaper option just about to complete it in next couple of hours! its HUUUGGGEEE!!!! ha!

Thanks buddy, the lady in the sewing shop told me that you popped in there whilst she stiched it for you etc.

She said it was big too :D

Any pics yet, I know roughly what you've done but sounds good.

Next time I will go bigger and better, I was going to do a surfer and I wish I did now but hey it's not bad really. Not sure I will have anywhere to put it at Donny yet though, it's a shame I don't know the 10 people next to me in the stands to hold it up lol

Mine was there mate on the right handside with the other flags.

Will add the pics tomorrow

mine was not allowed in.. stewards said it was too big! gutted! due to the rain on thursday though it really hampered progress on what i wanted to do ... but now ive got all summer it will be of a much higher quality and smaller too so it can actually get into the ground!

mine was not allowed in.. stewards said it was too big! gutted! due to the rain on thursday though it really hampered progress on what i wanted to do ... but now ive got all summer it will be of a much higher quality and smaller too so it can actually get into the ground!

Good to meet you mate!

I wouldn't bother making it smaller, I think it was just the Doncaster stewards being fussy.

Good to meet you mate!

I wouldn't bother making it smaller, I think it was just the Doncaster stewards being fussy.

it is ridiculously large though! im not gonna make much smaller but certainly to tidy it up.

yer good to meet you too..great effort with your banner, looked very professional! have to say also the people in the sewing shop were brilliant!

it is ridiculously large though! im not gonna make much smaller but certainly to tidy it up.

yer good to meet you too..great effort with your banner, looked very professional! have to say also the people in the sewing shop were brilliant!

Sorry all that hard work was frustrated by the stewards. Get some pictures up when you can. :)

Sorry all that hard work was frustrated by the stewards. Get some pictures up when you can. :)

sure will... just need to get my hands on a digital camera. also the scottish shrimpers flag is battered after a long hard season... the F and U starting to peel off but that will rectified over the summer too!

Back